Lets see your Deathwatch Conversions!

Inquisitor Red

I'm always on the look out for cool Deathwatch conversions. Here are a few of mine, but share yours below! 

Watch Master - Made from the Vulkan He'Stan model

Watch Master He'Stan

The Iron Raven - Watch Captain made from the Artemis model

The Iron Raven

Redemptor Dreadnought - I hate the static pose, as well as the boring Dreadnought face plate of this kit. Thought I'd share how pose able this guy can be.

Deathwatch Redemptor Dreadnought

Intercessor Sergeant - Made from the Dark Angels Lieutenant model

Primaris Dark Angel Sergeant

I knew it was only a matter of time before Delta's amazing work found its way into this thread. Sadly I missed posting some of the stuff I was working on before he dropped by, so now it won't compare very favourably :wink:

- I greatly appreciate that good sir, I havent posted anything in a while (working on Blood Angels) and figured why not. Still wanna see your work mate, please post. Im so not motivated about painting, Im still working on a squad that I started in September. hehe but theyre bits all over the place. 

45206449_10217921369213679_4272625919803

Currently trying to build a Homebrew Chapter Master that im in between using Raven Guard Tactics or Imperial Fist Tactics since FAQ. :) (Also included in this is BA Company Veterans that im going primaris scale with)

nice dreads man. and that's the hill i have to tackle soon, these vehicles and dreads. I bought a used dread that he pretty much used plastic glue and is just vanilla posed as they come, but im ecstatic to create one. Just indecisive on if I want it DW - BA - Or Vanilla SM. Pet peeve though is Ven Dreads with their lil heads popped out, just looks funny to me but you guys do them justice.

Delta.skies that librarian conversion is genius! I’ve been unhappy with my librarian for a while now, but your work has inspired me to create something similar. Can I ask where you got the swords?

The swords are from Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Malign Sorcery box set. And i appreciate that. really wanted to make a floating librarian mand pinterest was inspiration

Delta... that librarian... are you kidding me?! Paint that darn thing. You have some great figs, but you keep raising your own bar and some of your stuff is amazing. I’ve said it before but I hate conversing and would kill for a Libby hovering with a flaming back pack, conjuring a cloud of magic swords! You really have to paint that fig. It’s a crime to just have a shelf full of this stuff unpainted!

@Mjrwaud that Dread is so much better than my own. Truly puts mine to shame.

@Red that gesturing Redemptor is subtle but I’d love it. My own Redemptor is pretty vanilla compared to this.

You guys make me feel like I have to slow down from painting 75 armies a week. But regardless I don’t have the skill set to do that kind of great work in any meaningful volume. Great work in this thread.

Yeah, that librarian of yours Delta is daaaaaamn fine! Painting and transporting such an intricate model is going to be a challenge... ;)

Thanks Prot, I'm really happy with them though I'll probably go back and add some more contrast to the highlights eventually. You're definitely an inspiration to paint a bit faster, I've got a mountain of Deathwatch converted and ready to get go... and plenty more yet to build... work and getting ready to move back to Canada has really slowed me down.

Lol @prot yea man i know i keep putting off and building more. Still working and learning but im making a promise 1 squad and 1 hq by the end of this month. I need to get back to it. @mjr im just going to put it in the palm of my hand while i drive or in my cup holder. But tbh im not sure. Its pinned in but i ran 1 piece through 3 or 4 holes and then 1 at the arm. And i dont have a case nor foam yet but thats not a problem when i get to it. :)

How are you all converting your vets to storm bolters please? I hope it's not too off topic, but I'm bugging myself about whether ill chop up existing DW hands/bolters to attach new storm bolters or to use different arms forgoing the armour style of the DW arms. The minor things in life!

@OP would like to see more of your redemptor pose, liking that stretched out hand.

@Delta totally overkill! Some fantastic conversions and use of bits.

How are you all converting your vets to storm bolters please? I hope it's not too off topic, but I'm bugging myself about whether ill chop up existing DW hands/bolters to attach new storm bolters or to use different arms forgoing the armour style of the DW arms. The minor things in life!

@OP would like to see more of your redemptor pose, liking that stretched out hand.

I haven't done it yet myself, but I'm thinking of using the GK Strike Squad bolters. 

Screenshot 20180723 125757 Gallery

Screenshot 20180723 125933 Gallery

Screenshot 20180723 125947 Gallery

Screenshot 20180723 130011 Gallery

41984617_10217569166128822_3623593693509
42111181_10217569166928842_6376593169613

On my deep strike squad I used GK stormbolters (some of the models there didnt make the final cut so I added two revisions) , then for my transport vets, i used deathwing stormbolters they were fairly cheap (found them for like 1.25 i believe). Just cut the terminator hands off and attached them to regular marine hands

20180908 131924

38171281 10217186071391693 5735376731531902976 N

Edited by Delta.Skies

Those DW / GK kitbashes look good! I'm a fan of those GK inceptor "jump" packs.

I had some old scouts kicking around so I whipped up some lightly armoured DW veterans to add into my other kill teams... I'll treat them just like normal vets but just wanted to mix up the look of the teams.

Dw scouts

Just some simple head and weapon swaps, with doubled-up bases to give them a bit more height.

It's a bad photo, but any thoughts / ideas are appreciated!

Edited by mjrwaud

Those DW / GK kitbashes look good! I'm a fan of those GK inceptor "jump" packs.

I had some old scouts kicking around so I whipped up some lightly armoured DW veterans to add into my other kill teams... I'll treat them just like normal vets but just wanted to mix up the look of the teams.

Just some simple head and weapon swaps, with doubled-up bases to give them a bit more height.

It's a bad photo, but any thoughts / ideas are appreciated!

They look like the DW Kill Marines, awesome.

Some pretty mild conversions but I thought they came out nice enough.  On the left is a captain with jump pack storm bolter and thunder hammer (HTH head on normal handle) and on the right is a chaplain with jump pack, storm bolter and power fist.

I like your chaplain - would you mind posting your bits list for him?

Some pretty mild conversions but I thought they came out nice enough.  On the left is a captain with jump pack storm bolter and thunder hammer (HTH head on normal handle) and on the right is a chaplain with jump pack, storm bolter and power fist.

I like your chaplain - would you mind posting your bits list for him?

Sure

I started with the deathwatch chaplain kit.  I'm not sure if they are currently selling that one but its this one.

yJOBVPe.png

I took a storm bolter from the sternguard kit and put it in place of his bolt pistol.  I cut around the hand to conserve as much as the chaplain as I could.

Db9DeQd.jpg?1

The jetpack is from the Vanguard kit.  I just chose the one with the most skulls.

I think the powerfist came in the sternguard kit.  This was the tricky park of the conversion since the model is molded with part of his arm so there was some cutting required.  Fortunately the shoulder pads are pretty good at covering up that sort of thing.

@Chris521: Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see him finished. :thumbsup:

Here's my contribution - definitely not as elaborate or well done as some of the others in the thread, but I'm happy with him.

Watch Captain Reinhold Jarl of the Black Templars (Watch Company Quintus of Watch Fortress Ghulbain)

gallery_109396_14680_657575.jpg

gallery_109396_14680_173161.jpg

gallery_109396_14680_250338.jpg

Edited by Syward