Lets see your Deathwatch Conversions!

Inquisitor Red

I did a little conversion with the new Vanguard Captain.  Since I've been converting all of my Veterans into Reivers,  I wanted a captain that was in similar armor.

I needed to carve out part of the cape the make the DW shoulder pad fit.  I them cleaned it up a bit with some green stuff. I also removed the helmet hanging on his belt.  I'm planning on attempting the same conversion for a Watch Master

Au4Gvcn.jpg?2

UX4ug6E.jpg?1

b5R97BS.jpg?1

Funny thing with the Storm bolter / Relic blade loadout is that it was my question that they initially said no to in the FAQ.  I'm glad they changed their minds.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Brothers & Sisters of the Watch! (and everyone else too!)

I've got a couple of new Deathwatch conversions that will be joining my forces. 

'Primaris' Watch Master 

'Primaris' Librairan w/Jump Pack

I also made a Watch Captain w/Jump Pack & Thunder Hammer, but I'm not decided on which Thunder Hammer I'm going to use yet.

'Primaris' Watch Captain w/Jump Pack & Thunder Hammer (Option # 1)

'Primaris' Watch Captain w/Jump Pack & Thunder Hammer (Option # 2)

42zr1Pr.jpg

q6KRFO8.jpg

0ENmyAz.jpg

BYsa7FT.jpg

SKgGCJV.jpg

• 1 month later...

Put a watch captain in Phobos Armor

7Ir7cAD.jpg.

This may have been the most difficult conversion I've done, basically combining the Vanguard captain with the Watch Master kit.  High resolution photos really make the green stuff stick out.  I looks cleaner in my hand.

I waiting on a few bitz to finish up another Captain, Librarian and Chaplain.

I finished the librarian and Chaplain. 

AHTchHx.jpg

The Chaplain is just a Primaris version of one I did earlier in the thread.

Mz5ZaWZ.jpg

The Librarian was more involved and uses the Vanguard Librarian with deathwatch arms, blood angels storm bolter, BA shoulder pad, the BA terminator librarian axe and a Sanguinary guard jump pack. 

I do have to make a bit of a decision to make with the bases.  Rules wise, all of my conversions are old marines, meaning the HQs go on 32mm bases.  Modeling wise, they are all Primaris which have 40mm HQs.  I do think they look better on the larger bases, however, when it comes to things like aura buffs, it could be considered modeling for advantage.  I'm not sure what to do.

I do have to make a bit of a decision to make with the bases.  Rules wise, all of my conversions are old marines, meaning the HQs go on 32mm bases.  Modeling wise, they are all Primaris which have 40mm HQs.  I do think they look better on the larger bases, however, when it comes to things like aura buffs, it could be considered modeling for advantage.  I'm not sure what to do.

Personally, I think Marine Characters should go on 40mm unless they're too big to go on a 40mm.

.... that and if we go by the recent Chaos Marine releases, GW thinks so too, as every single new character they've released since Khârn's model update has been on a 40mm or bigger (50mm with Typhus and the Lord of Contagion, and 60mm in Abaddon's case)

Chris, I got the same ide after seeing Sywards converted watchmaster. =)

So this is how I ended up with mine. Still need abit more green stuff on the cloak and the base needs fixing. But I'm fairly pleased with how he ended up. =D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/263464-resized-20190723-082407/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/263465-resized-20190723-082508/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/263466-resized-20190723-082534/

• 1 month later...

To be honest. I’m not buying a single primaris model without having the rules that explicitly state DeathWatch can take them. For conversion or otherwise. I’ve got the entire Space Marine half of shadowspear growing mold on my shelves right now. I’m still a little frustrated that we can’t take them.

That said, I really like the new CM Shrike model. ( I know some don’t, but I’m not trying to drag that argument here)

So if we get access to more of the Phobos line I’d happily convert one into a Captain of some type.

I’d actually keep him twin lightning claws and the pistol. It’s his unique thing, why change it?

So who’s planning a primaris smash captain conversion using the new kayvaan shrike model? He looks perfect for deathwatch.

I agree, the model is amazing and it's really unique too. If the beaky helm was an option to actually use instead of being on the belt, I'd probably pick it up & make a jump capt out of it. Planning a phobos armor Raptors force with nothing but Primaris marines in Phobos armor w/some flyer support in the future, may still pick him up for that. :yes:

To be honest. I’m not buying a single primaris model without having the rules that explicitly state DeathWatch can take them. For conversion or otherwise. I’ve got the entire Space Marine half of shadowspear growing mold on my shelves right now. I’m still a little frustrated that we can’t take them.

I understand where you're coming from, but TBH, I think you're missing out. The models are great, even if we don't have rules for them, they can easily become counts as veterans. That's how I'm going to handle them. Standard Primaris marines that we do have rules for will be used in my army as their actual unit (Fortis Kill Teams) - but I'll be using the Phobos armored primars as my Veteran Squads. I've seen a few great conversions done by one of our fellow DW players where they did the same thing and they came out fantastic. Just because we don't have official rules for the models, doesn't mean we can't still use them. :wink.:

Edited by Syward

I'm not hyped for the new Shrike but I agree with some serious conversion work the "chassis" is a good platform for a much better final product.  He'd certainly give us a "spec ops" style build for a sneaky Watch Captain, though I've yet to see anyone use the Phobos Captain in the same concept . . .