WGPL Missing Wolfguard Keyword?

Axilleas

So I looked through the Codex and the FAQ, and it appears the WGPL for GH, BC, etc. does not contain the 'Wolfguard' keyword. I'm assuming then, as things currently are written, the WGPL cannot benefit from buffs affecting the keyword (i.e. Arjac's Champion of the Kingsguard ability).

Am I wrong?

Nope, not wrong. That said, he’d still henifit from berserk charge if in a BC unit.

I’m curious if there is precedent for differing keywords in mixed squads. I would assume or main example would be nobz? I don’t have the ork book but I assume there are things that target nob keywords.

Well, that really crushes the synergy of my Logan, Arjac, WGPL msu squad, Lonewolf generating Infantry list :(

It really shouldn’t, how many squads are you expecting to cram in the bubble? You’re missing out on what like 3 attacks tops?

Well, Logan as WL with his extended morale immunity bubble was key to guaranteeing the WGPL doesn't run when the rest of the squad is wiped (as rare as it might be, I've had it happen several times to me).

Mind you, I'm not a competitive player so I often just build fun, thematic lists.

Well, Logan as WL with his extended morale immunity bubble was key to guaranteeing the WGPL doesn't run when the rest of the squad is wiped (as rare as it might be, I've had it happen several times to me).

Mind you, I'm not a competitive player so I often just build fun, thematic lists.

If you are already running MSU the absolute worse morale you need to pass is a to roll a 1-3. and with ATSKNF you get a reroll on that already.

Also, you get to see if hes passed Ld before you spend the strategem.

Also, anyone wise to the fact you could leave a lone wolve terminator running about is probably wise to that fact and will try to not leave 1 behind.

So I'm not sure having logan in there to try help is really worth it.....I mean, you are rerolling all hits with him.

Where I think logan would actually be better is when you haven't paid for WGPL, and run him alongside full units of grey hunters and blood claws, so then they dont have to worry about ld at all 9which comes more into play with larger unit sizes)

Not trying to be a downer...i also run a list that is tailored around lone wolf generation....but so far for me, its just not really worked. Its too easy to wipe 6 dudes from a squad unlesss you get lucky with placement etc.

I failed to mention I run them as WGPLTDA, so it's a bit easier keeping the leader alive to generate a Lonewolf with the 2+ save.

I've also been frustratingly amazed at rolling a 5+ then 5+ again as many times as I have, but you are right. Morale shouldn't, on average, be an issue with msu.

Just wanted to point out Logan's morale immunity only applies to Wolfguard, unless he's your WL AND he's fulfilled his Saga, which ain't easy.

I failed to mention I run them as WGPLTDA, so it's a bit easier keeping the leader alive to generate a Lonewolf with the 2+ save.

I've also been frustratingly amazed at rolling a 5+ then 5+ again as many times as I have, but you are right. Morale shouldn't, on average, be an issue with msu.

Just wanted to point out Logan's morale immunity only applies to Wolfguard, unless he's your WL AND he's fulfilled his Saga, which ain't easy.

Aye i also run WGPLTDA, otherwise itd be no fun if/when they do go baresark.

Oh aye hadnt realised logans ld buff was just wolfguard...oh well..never mind.........although i am now wondering about the legitimacy of running him algonside a load of 10 man wg in pa...but they want jump packs really...and he aint gonna keep up....unless on a sled....which is just awful

Aye i also run WGPLTDA, otherwise itd be no fun if/when they do go baresark.

Oh aye hadnt realised logans ld buff was just wolfguard...oh well..never mind.........although i am now wondering about the legitimacy of running him algonside a load of 10 man wg in pa...but they want jump packs really...and he aint gonna keep up....unless on a sled....which is just awful

1. Great thread, solid percolated break downs.

2. Use of the best new word this year: Certainly when my charcarodons lose control I will point out to my opponent that they are going "baresark", and he will promptly have to arrange to change his trousers. Gold standard Dan P, it's made my day reading that.

1. Great thread, solid percolated break downs.

2. Use of the best new word this year: Certainly when my charcarodons lose control I will point out to my opponent that they are going "baresark", and he will promptly have to arrange to change his trousers. Gold standard Dan P, it's made my day reading that.

Haha glad i can be of assistance

First picked up on the use of baresark (rather then berserk) years and years ago in David Gemmells 'Legend', used it ever since to some often strange looks/reactions ("bear what??"):

""All Swordsmen gravitate between defence and attack, for despite a desire to win there is an equal desire not to lose. But the baresark loses all fear; his is all-out attack, and invariably he takes his opponent with him even if he falls.""

Archived