Plastic Arbites/Storm troopers

grailkeeper

Someone in a facebook group I am in posted this picture. I don't know where he got them and they could well be home made or made by some third party manufacturer. If that's so they have done a bang up job. This doesnt look like a normal GW sprue and its odd that the models are not in pieces. That said these could be something new and if not they at least look nice.

Edit: He said he got them in a trade after 5 years of looking. Probably not something new. Apologies mods.

45536224_1940418312661086_79993050002851

Dunno, those are definitely casts (the bodies are the now OOP Kasrkin) but I can't place the arms and the heads could come from a few different sets that look like the later pewter/finecast sets (they look about the right size as my Masters of the Chapter set I was working on today).  All in all, they look like pretty unique pieces.  Pretty cool to tell you the truth, and jealous :) 

ive seen these before but for the life of me i cant remember where. I think they are unreleased minis that they do for testing new sculptors.

Yeah they are old Kasrkin test sculpts or something. They've been around for years (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/zugsp/unreleased_kasrkin_resins_show_up_on_ebay/)

Even cooler than the already super cool Kasrkin minis. Who needs Guilliman, a few more of these sculpts around and Cadia would never have fallen.

Those are FW cadian Vets with shotguns. Used to be sold on FW. Don't know if they discontinued them or not.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked again and they are not Vets. Different shotguns. And definitely a Kasarkin level of armor.

The shotgun vets were multi-part conversion kits with a completely new style of shotgun and not the old space marine style.

4A0t4ob.png?1

Going on top of regular Cadian legs without the Kasrkin extra armor plates visible on the above minis, they're definitely not the old vets. 

Even cooler than the already super cool Kasrkin minis. Who needs Guilliman, a few more of these sculpts around and Cadia would never have fallen.

You mean bootleg, dodgy conversions turned into recasts and sold for insane prices? :rolleyes:

Take a look at the pictures of these in the reddit link: https://imgur.com/a/JVz4O#0

Very first one spells 'KSARKIN'. Yup, that sure sounds legit.

But take a look at the storm bolter gunner:

PJ51s.jpg

Then this:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4d41a92d3fde1.jpg

What do we see? Sarge stripes on thigh (oops), identical left chest plate, very similar head, same helmet, only moved to his left side, his right hand has different style plate (probably taken from SM scout) and meets the forearm at weird angle, but the most damning bit is this:

48-12C__39470.1440105695.1280.1280.jpg

Hmm, I think I saw that storm bolter somewhere... :whistling:

I agree that that those kasrkin are not official, but there's no way the storm bolter guy is based on the sgt and I have some experience in the matter, having turned this:

LqbNcdh.jpg

into this:

8PhpVCQ.jpg

The head is different (similar, I'll give you), legs are different, feet are different, the blousing of the pants and armor plates are different, and the sgt stripes actually look better than they do on the official model. On top of that, the recaster would have had to grind away the grenades on the belt, cut the figure in half to reposition the chest, and then sculpt all that destroyed detail back in. Most likely, it's a conversion made from plastic Cadian parts with a space marine scout shotgun handle and action mated with the vehicle stormbolter and a plastic assault gunner left arm. 

Um, he wouldn't need to grind anything. Seeing he is capable of making one pretty convincing cast, all he needed was to add one extra step, make cast of kasrkin sarge and chop/repose that up, then make final cast off that. Plus, after a second look, it looks to me he actually used flamer operator as a top of his body, only giving him sarge backpack and lower half:

gw-99110105165.jpg

Note position of straps and both arms - it's identical, down to position of plate connecting the gun to strap. He just cut the flamer off, glued SM bolter in its place, and put helmet where the traces left by pipe cutting would be...

Um, he wouldn't need to grind anything.

Yes, he would have. If you had cut, chopped, and ground parts of metal figures away as much as I have, you would know this. I agree it's most likely fake and not an unreleased mini as some google searching claims it to be, but it's obviously not based on the sergeant figure and simply looking between the two should be evidence enough. 

Very first one spells 'KSARKIN'. Yup, that sure sounds legit.

Hmm, I think I saw that storm bolter somewhere... :whistling:

To be fair, the official Kasrkin models are spelled 'KSARKIN' on the slot, as well.

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/b/b6/Cardian_Kasrkin_3.jpg

Bits and designs are re-used all the time, as well. Such as the plasma gun being used for the Space Marines and the Guard command squads.

http://i63.tinypic.com/14o4qq0.jpg

Yet, however much of a bootleg model this may be, Kasrkin are still awesome. I'd want some more uniquely designed kasrkin models. It's a shame GeeDubs stopped producing the ones they had. I'm not sure why you're so upset about it.

Archived