To finally paint an Army - Space Wolves

Oshikai

• 6 months later...

With the Approach of the PA Book, i finalyl picked up the Brush again. Real Life and Motivation had let to me dropping the Ball. Which of Course beats the Purpose of painting an Army reasonably Fast :down: .

But I am starting to enjoy where the Unit is Heading. I still need to finish the Shoulder Pads, but thats something I am probably going to put off  till later since I am not entirely sure how to Highlight them. Also need to build a Tenth Guy, sadly messed up a previous Model. He feasts in Russes Hall now. Also finished more Bases, somehow there is something rather relaxing about painting Bases.

Just saw on those Pictures some Belt Buckels and Purity Seals are missing as well, sigh. Appologies for the Handy Pics.

C&C allways welcome :).

Vjm2gCj.jpg?1

3ybP3vk.jpg?1

CSrSjus.jpg?1

N1bhQlK.jpg?1

fzcy5C2.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...

Try an artist pen if you're struggling with markings but that already looks great.

Thanks Mate, I use a Micron now and then, but didn`t use it on those Markings, will think about it next Time

jgLgEZl.jpg?1

sbUn7dt.jpg?1

Tried to take better Pics, but haven`t used the Cam in ages and struggled a bit. Need to look at those Settings. 

You will not be surprised to hear my 'like bolter' has run dry.

Your models are gorgeous. The very neat grey with the black shoulder pads is so nice.

I really dig the pilot and Deathwatch guys. It lends a particular uniqueness I've not seen before.

Great models, great thread. The crouching wolf, hidden Viking guy is a pretty sweet pose too.

Great stuff, keep at it. It's so good!

All of the models look great; but really drawn to the Hunter with the stalker silenced Bolter and leather cloak with hood up. I get the feel He’s the type would become a scout eventually as stands aloof from the pack. Really nice use of unconventional bits for a wolf, but works and fits due to a super strong color scheme overall.

How do you paint your leather!? The cloak and leather helms look great and wondered what’s your secret??

Fine works, overall.

My Thanks Bjorn, its really appreciated!

That's basically the tone of gray I'm looking for when I finally get around to painting my 13th Company.  I wish I had those mask heads.

Thank you Bud, its rather simple as I knew I needed to find a way to do them reasonable Fast (whatever that means in my Case :whistling: , slacked again for Months).

Chaos Black Primer

Mechanicum Standard Spray 

Mechanicum Standard Grey from the Pot as it is a different Hue 

Agrax Earthshade Recess Wash 

Dawnstone Edge Highlight 

Administratum Grey Highlight on select Edges

Great work on the pack Brother. Really nice and subtle kitbashing, it's what I try to do myself, you've made it blend very well together. Will be watching to see how the LongFangs go.

Thank you as well Brother, they are a bit of a Pain at the Moment to be Honest, using the Ryza Pattern Lascannons. Will never become a Resin Fan. Your Company is a sight to behold, can only Hope to get there someday.

You will not be surprised to hear my 'like bolter' has run dry.

Your models are gorgeous. The very neat grey with the black shoulder pads is so nice.

I really dig the pilot and Deathwatch guys. It lends a particular uniqueness I've not seen before.

Great models, great thread. The crouching wolf, hidden Viking guy is a pretty sweet pose too.

Great stuff, keep at it. It's so good!

This means a lot coming from you Mate as I am a really big Fan of your Work (Which sane Wolf wouldn`t ?!). Thanks a Bunch for having a Look :yes: .

Those are some lovely Space Wolves! There's such a nice colour balance about your models, and I also like some of the clever kitbashes. Excellent work all around! :smile.:

Same goes here KrautScientist, means a lot, have been silently following your Work for Years now, like probably so many. Glad you came by and that you like what I am doing. I wanted to cut back on the Uber-Wolfyness of the current Grey Hunter Kit but still show them to be Wolves. Tried to find a Balance between 30K and 40k Aesthetics. I am a bit miffed about the current Long Fang Squad I am working on since I realized that I dialed the Kitbashes back quiet a bit. But Iwas too focused on fitting those Resin Lascannons. I hope some Clever Head Choices and the Paintjob will tie them in, without looking too Vanilla in Comparison.

All of the models look great; but really drawn to the Hunter with the stalker silenced Bolter and leather cloak with hood up. I get the feel He’s the type would become a scout eventually as stands aloof from the pack. Really nice use of unconventional bits for a wolf, but works and fits due to a super strong color scheme overall.

How do you paint your leather!? The cloak and leather helms look great and wondered what’s your secret??

High Praise, thank you very much. Hit it on its Head with that particular Guy. I was intrigued by the Descriptions from the Blood of Asaheim Novel. In there a Grey Hunter returns from his Deatwatch Duty and struggles to find his Place back into the Pack. Wolves value the Pack above else and don`t necessarilly take kindly to one "abandoning" them for foreign Duty, no matter how important. I imagine similar for this Guy. He came back, but now is a bit of a Pariah between his Brothers. Often stalking the Battlefield on his own, using his Deathwatch Skills and Marksmanship to carry his load. The Pilot got inspired by that Novel as well, I liked how instead of having a dedicated Gunship Pilot, Pack Members where able to fly their own Transports. Wanted to represent that.

The Brown is the old Foundation Calthan Brown, love it and will dread the Day I am out. I got Army Painter Leather Brown as an substitute and while similar its not the same. I actually use it now to Highlight the Calthan after a Wash of Army Painter Strong Tone.

Fast Version like the MAsk is usually:

Calthan

Strong Tone

Leather Brown

For the Hooded Cloak l Iinvested a bit more Time and added some Glazes of Sepia, Agrax and Purple into the Shadows.

Added a bit of Rakarth Flesh I think (?) to the Leather Brown and glazed some Highlights. I sponged and drybrushed the Edges with Deneb Stone for a bit of wear and Tear, looked better before I sealed them :dry.: . Hope that helpes.

Edited by Oshikai

• 2 weeks later...

Grey Hunter Pack Leader, calling him done for the Time. Had a lot of trouble with this one. Can`t see him anymore at the Moment. Gonna fix something on a later Date and add some Decals. But if I want him to live, he needs to leave my Table ASAP. (Still happy enough how he turned out overall.)

YSL0QCc.jpg

iEPWSDa.jpg

This a great looking force, loving the tone of grey with the bronze trims, clearly a lot of time has been spent on the modelling to get a distinctive personality into each figure, it really shows! Having read from the start I can also see a lot of improvement from the start to now - well done!