A single, competitive Forge World unit for Ultra

Prot

Yea but I don’t have Morticon money. Lol. I gotta be pretty certain about this.

I still don’t think there’s a much better unit, especially in the Dread category so I’ll probably go for it.

Who is morticon? 

Paint it as a Destroyer from back in the old days the chassis is a legacy to. Fits right into both then...

I second this!

What about the Land Raider Achilles?

With Tigurius backing it up, you can have a T9, 2+/4++, 19W vehicle with -1 to Hit in shooting, plus 4 "relentless" MMs and a Quad Launcher.... on top of all this, you can load it with 6 combi-Plasma Sternguard who can pop out, use the SCIONS OF GUILLIMAN stratagem, and light up an enemy unit with x12 accurate (and safe) S8 AP-3 D2 shots, then hop back in their very tough ride and rinse/repeat.

Morticon is a well respected Mod, gentleman and passionate gamer. He's also the nearest thing to a professional player alongside of Prot on the staff here.

That's nice of you to say Idaho but it's simply not true. I just play a fair amount, and I'm fortunate to have a few large groups to bounce a lot of games/ideas off of so it probably comes off I play more competitively that it should. But thanks for the kind words.

There are a lot of well seasoned players here and Idaho is one of them. If you want to make an Ultra unit work, he's probably tried it and can help you out.

Let's just agree Morticon is B&C royalty and move on ;)

Yes there are loads of seasoned veterans on this website. Sure sometimes we lose our way (I've felt particularly burned by Primaris but I still love the hobby) but this site is replete with experience.

Archived