Unification conversions and ideas

Lanky27

So I’ve always had a bit of an obsession with the unification era and somehow converting an army or some minis to represent what I think they’d look like. I did a bit of research and the best warring state I could find info on was the state of Ursh, a region of Russia, Siberia and Central Asia. There’s a few cool descriptions of his forces, his use of Psykers and his well known artificer armour, the armour of pearl.

This is my take on a militia list made to hopefully represent these forces accurately.

HQ

Kalagann

Cult Demagogue - 195

Power armour, cyber familiar, power weapon,

Provenances - cult horde, feral warriors

Ruthless tyrant

Mafeo Orde

Alpha psyker - 65

Tainted weapon

Troops

Irregular levies (40) - 117

Augmented weapon, CCW, frag grenades, Blade and fury

Tupelov lancers

Militia infantry - 92

Melta bomb, augmented weapon, CCW, krak grenades, blade and fury

FA

The Roma

thunderbolts - 210

Ground tracking auguries

HS

The red engines

Malcador - 320

Demolisher cannon, siege armour, armoured ceramite, flare shield

Total - 999

I know it’s a bit light for 30k but it’s just a start hobby wise and can easily be expanded. I’ve finished a model for the warlord kalagann himself but I’m chasing suggestions on how to paint pearl armour?

I’ve also been thinking I’d use the pox walkers for levies, my reasons being that the levies would be made up of conquered states peasants and would be living in extremely harsh conditions. They’d be exposed to radiation burns and poison from the food and water they drink and the air they breathe so the poxwalkers minus the bone like protrusions would be perfect to represent them. Will try posting a pic or 2 after work. Cheers

This is my take on Kalagann as i think he would be from Russia/ Siberia and after having conquered the neighboring tribes is now on the War path. It doesnt flat out say he was a pawn of chaos but it hints that the magiks he used could be mankinds first brush with chaos.

I wont copy and paste the whole wiki file but this was the most comprehensive information about him i could find.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Kalagann

kalagann

kalagann

I like the idea of an Unification wars army, especially with all that floating around here and there in the Horus Heresy novels and background! I like the mini so far, but would also recommend to swap the weapon for something more sophisticated looking. ALso the green stuff needs some smothing and I would clean up the removed Inquisition sign more. Otherwise I am really happy about how he looks, especially with that head swap and adding of the ?hat?. Looking forwards to more!

Cool idea for a force, Kalagann is looking solid, a very nice conversion with the severed heads.

I agree that the putty needs smoothing out somewhat, but I actually quite like the blade at the moment, interesting to see how he looks with another.

Thanks @Pearson73 and @Gang Zu, yeah I’m a bit of a green stuff novice but I’ll keep working on it until it looks better and smoother. The hat as far as I know is a Gorlatnaya and was worn by Russian nobility, found them from a 3rd party and thought they looked awesome.

• 1 month later...

finally organised some time to hobby and after some searching for ideas on levies and sickly looking irradiated ones at that i stumbled upon this awesome hobby page.

http://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.com/2017/07/dark-imperium-poxwalkers.html

I think these guys would make excellent levies for the tyrants army as they have the look of a bunch of insane irradiated mutated slaves that have lost all hope. 

QiaHgxOYQ7Kj%252BLJgALNwRg_thumb_8b38.jp

The other unit i was looking to convert were the tupelov lancers but i wasn't sure if these would be a mounted unit as theyre described post unification wars or just berserkers on foot like some of the john blanche style artwork that I've found for that Era?

The other unit i was looking to convert were the tupelov lancers but i wasn't sure if these would be a mounted unit as theyre described post unification wars or just berserkers on foot like some of the john blanche style artwork that I've found for that Era?

Death Korps Death Riders with topknots, furred cuffs and some added spikes?

Archived