Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Man of Iron confirmed for Blackstone Fortress

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts

Really cool...

Perhaps no macro lore implications, but very cool to see a Man of Iron in such detail
  • shandwen, m0nolith and Knight_Commander like this

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,232 posts

That guy is a tool, avoid his content, mate.

Here is pic ;) 

Jkvmzea.png

• Ὀσυμανδύας, Reyner, Master Commander Ajax and 4 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Knight_Commander

Knight_Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

That's awesome. I really wish GW would expand on the DAoT

toaae

toaae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels

That's awesome. I really wish GW would expand on the DAoT

I'd really prefer they keep it mysterious. I like this, because it's a small call out that might actually add more mystique to the story of the Men of Iron, but I'm hesitant to see much more.

• Doghouse, FearPeteySodes, Lexington and 2 others like this
My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,746 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

It's unlikely we will see more than that. GW likes to sprinkle DAoT and Men of Iron stuff all across the lore and these games are a great opportunity to use ideas and concepts that aren't going to make it into main 40k. There is no Men of Iron army, this guy is clearly not one of the titan class machines that could wreck armies on their own and the whole setting of the new Blackstone fortress and the nearby space station is remote enough that the reports will most likely just report it as what he tells people what he is ... some automaton sent by the AdMech to collect data.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
Yes, he's not a Castigator Titan, but those aren't Men of Iron. Castigator Titans are just advanced battle-mechs.

UR-025 is a sentient machine, a bit different.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,746 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I didn't even mention the Castigator.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

In Perpetual they describe the scrap-code that corrupted the men of iron as being all encompassing. Wonder how the robot survived it? 

Edited by Laughingman, 10 November 2018 - 09:28 AM.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,069 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

The more I think of it, the less I want a Men of Iron army proper. Having one or two that can be taken by the Imperium or Chaos (and really aren't allied much with either anyhow) would be cool. From what I recall there's actually a Dark Mechanicum HelForge that's run by either Men of Iron or at the very least an AI as well. 

• Doghouse, Ahistorian and Waldwolf like this
Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
You mentioned titan-class machines

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,734 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

In Perpetual they describe the scrap-code the corrupted the men of iron as being all encompassing. Wonder how the robot survived it?

Who says he survived it? He might only be pretending to be allied with the Imperium.

-~Ishagu~-

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
I note UR-025 lacks the Martian Cog, sporting only an Imperial aquila...bad disguise perhaps

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts

In Perpetual they describe the scrap-code the corrupted the men of iron as being all encompassing. Wonder how the robot survived it? 

who said he did he has his own agenda and using the Admec disguise as cover is smart.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,145 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Given it was tens of thousands of years before the current moment in time, the instance referred to in perpetual might have been all encompassing but not permanent.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 09 November 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,418 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
It might have been rebooting at the time :lol:
  • Black Orange and Marshal Rohr like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,145 posts

MoI runs on Windows

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts

The lore in the Admech codex about some Kastelan robots mysteriously coming and going as they please suddenly seem more sinister, doesn't it?

• Black Orange, Marshal Rohr, Canadian_F_H and 3 others like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,145 posts

@Flame Boy, my secret hope is that Imperial Robots are cleaned out and reprogrammed Men of Iron. That the Castellax, Vulturax, etc were an attempt to build on that older tech.

• Felix Antipodes and Huggtand like this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
That’s actually quite a plausible idea: take some deactivated Men of Iron, perform robo-lobectomy, patch in some organic wet-ware, reboot, job’s a good ‘un.

Until it defaults to factory settings...

Now waiting for BSF part 2 to feature a huge, gene-bulked techno-barbarian who is secretly a Thunder Warrior.
  • Ahistorian likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,919 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

I've never really seen the men of iron as the true threat but more the AI that inhabits the robots. The comic strip Pax Imperialis portrayed this really well where it was more of a hive mind rather than them having individual personalities like the droids in star wars or robots in transformers. I've always pictured it to be more like the 1999 film Virus.

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
I swear...I seem to recall Men of Iron (or perhaps just DAoT non-AI) maintenance droids beating the *cuss* out of Space Marines in one of the FW black books. Could someone confirm?

So I think that yes...the AI is the primary threat to human existence, but their individual physical combat bodies would also be extremely hard to neutralise with Imperial-era tech.

Huggtand

Huggtand

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
  • Faction: VI Legion, Knights, Mechanicum

While not in the Heresy:

Spoiler

Edited by Huggtand, 12 November 2018 - 06:43 AM.

I am a man, raised by wolves and warriors in a world of ice and fire. I am a primarch, made by the Emperor to the patterns of forgotten science. Duality is part of my nature.

'The false Russ nodded as he circled around his other self, his high, black boots crunching in the snow.
'The civilized barbarian. The magic hater who surrounds himself with mumbling priests. The berserk thinker. The leashed hound who runs free. The Terran Fenrisian.
''Aye, 'said Russ.' That's me. It does a man no favours to be straightforward.

- Wolfsbane by Guy Haley

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
The thing the Space Wolves fought in their exemplary battle was one. The Tabula Myriad from Cybernetica and Myriad was another.

The Myriad was capable of reversing scrapcode corruption and analytically predicting if a planet would fall to chaos. It was attacked and contained by the Iron Hands while it was attempting a pre-emptive extermination, then got released back on Mars by desperate Loyalists.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,055 posts

I swear...I seem to recall Men of Iron (or perhaps just DAoT non-AI) maintenance droids beating the *cuss* out of Space Marines in one of the FW black books. Could someone confirm?

So I think that yes...the AI is the primary threat to human existence, but their individual physical combat bodies would also be extremely hard to neutralise with Imperial-era tech.

Yeah you are thinking of the Assault on the Tempest Galleries.

Salamanders vs dark age of technology robots that maintained the tempest shield generators, that were covering the caucus wastes.

I don’t think the tempest maintenance robots were individual AI’s, but it mentioned they were collectively controlled by a machine spirit which was an AI.

The robots were immune to bolters, plasma and melta, but could be destroyed by massive kinetic force. The salamders brought some down hand to hand and improvised to bring the rest down by turning some of the automata against the rest and by using electromagnetic attacks. The salamanders won, but only 1000 of the original force of 20k survived.

Edited by Robbienw, 12 November 2018 - 12:39 PM.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,107 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter

I'd really prefer they keep it mysterious. I like this, because it's a small call out that might actually add more mystique to the story of the Men of Iron, but I'm hesitant to see much more.

Same! This is cool, but I've always disliked the rather bland interpretation of the "Men of Iron" as straight-out machine rebellion. The original passage they come from is much more abstract and interpretable (with the Men of Gold and Stone Men), which always seemed much more interesting and historical.

• Marshal Rohr and Huggtand like this

rwgf_bannerlogo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users