Man of Iron confirmed for Blackstone Fortress

b1soul

I think that if they went with a true dark age of technology design it'd probably be something more like a cloud of nanites. I quite like this design as it passes for Imperial tech but there is something much more sinister inside.

I always thought of Men of Iron technology similar to Necron technology just without metal skeletons and obviously egyptian influences ... probably just because we know basically nothing about them and Necrons are the most technological advanced faction we have models for in 40k tho lol

*cough* Jokaero *cough* :whistling:

Is it just me, or does the man of iron not look as advanced as you were expecting? To me it sort of looks like something from a 19th century sci-fi novel, rather than from the DoT. I thought we might get something that felt like it was from an Iain Banks Culture novel.

Although it’s not unknown for Culture drones (particularly the teched-to-the-teeth military ones) to ‘wear’ much clunkier shells to disguise their capabilities a little when working around non-Culture types.

I think that if they went with a true dark age of technology design it'd probably be something more like a cloud of nanites. I quite like this design as it passes for Imperial tech but there is something much more sinister inside.

I always thought of Men of Iron technology similar to Necron technology just without metal skeletons and obviously egyptian influences ... probably just because we know basically nothing about them and Necrons are the most technological advanced faction we have models for in 40k tho lol

Yeah I can see where you are coming from there for sure. The only actual canon time I have seen them personalty is in the comic strip Pax Imperialis where it was shown as a single consciousness that could occupy machines. Truth is though it could be that it took many forms, so it could be a case of actual robots on one planet or clouds of nanites on another or a computer virus on yet another. It might just be humanity lost control of technology because it advanced so far and in historical terms, looking back from what is now a very superstitious time, it is referred to in human terminology as a machine rebellion. 

When I imagine the dark age of technology I personally look at today's tech and then think ok so say ten thousand years from now what are we going to be looking at in terms of development? I personally believe that the tech might be so advanced we may not be able to comprehend what we are seeing through our present day eyes. It's like where they say that technology at some point would appear like magic to someone who was far more primitive.

Archived