Hey BnC

I’ve got a couple logs up here - right now the active ones are my Iron Warriors 30k legion and my 40k Zerkers kill team. I also have a very slow progress log based around Fabius bile and the Emperor’s Children, and a Carcharadons army which is on Hiatus. So why make a fifth? The answer is simple.

I love converting things. Sometimes I’ll see a piece and think it looks perfect for X Legion/Chapter/Xenos and I’ll put something together real quick. Some of my favourite kitbashes and conversions happen this way, but I have no place here to share them - so I wanted to put together a blog where I can post whatever, whenever, regardless of army.

So to kick this off I’ll start with my current WIP - A late Heresy Word Bearer by the name of Myr Khothon, known as the Zealot of Cassidium Primus.

Here he is a little before I finished converting him (some changes made to the right arm):

UFtZYyG.jpg

CoZubpK.jpg

And here he is now, nearing the end of painting!

uw7IpXP.jpg

WddDMn2.jpg

nKuMppj.jpg

Here’s a close up of the glow effects on his conjuring hand as light glows through from between his fingers:

Gqpr6E3.jpg

LMK what you think! There’s plenty more to come, I’ve got years of conversions (Some of which are actually painted!) to share. CC welcome! Cheers

Stunning work! I'm a big fan from you Instagram and I'm excited you've joined the B&C!

Hey thanks! What’s your instagram username? I’ll come check you out over there!

I admire your painting and detailing skills, and hope to see the completed Word Bearer soon.

Fantastic model, well done. Looking forward to more stuff.

Amazing stuff, the pose and entire composition are just right, the glow from the flames is well done too.

Cheers guys! Completed model will hopefully be up in the next few days, I’m outta town atm and away from the desk.

Until then, here is the accompanying model to Myr Khothon the word bearer, Brutus Leonidon, the Black Lion of Macragge, along with some accompanying background:

Born into the people of Illyrium in the north, Leonidon embodies the practical thinking of his gene sire with the rebellious stubborn streak of his native people. This expressed itself fully during the latter days of the Great Crusade, when Leonidon disobeyed a direct order from a higher ranking officer of the allied 3rd legion.

Recognising that this officer’s hunger for glory was little more than a suicide mission disguised as courageous, Leonidon proceded to lead the detachment of Ultramarines in his own battle plan, a sleight against the IIIrd legions honour which could not go unpunished. The commanding officer challenged Leonidon to an honour duel, mid-battlefield. A petty decision which would be his undoing, he arrogantly underestimated the junior officer and in the ensuing duel was slain. Opening his vox channel to his IIIrd legion allies, he announced that the officer had fallen to enemy weapons, and assumed command of the whole operation. Leonidon’s changed battle-plan turned the doomed suicide charge into a flawless tactical operation - suffering not a single loss of astartes life, bar the officer he had slain himself.

This deception caught up with him, however. The Primarch himself reviewed the helmet-pict feeds of the troops under his command, and discovered the true nature of the events. Leonidon could have been executed immediately for his decision, but Guilliman could not simply ignore how excellently his soldier had commanded the battle. Leonidon was spared his life, instead punished by being marked for censure with a painted red helm.

It was only later in the heresy that Leonidon earned his moniker of ‘Black Lion’, when he emerged from the rubble of Calth with his azure armour scorched and stained black with soot from the wanton destruction unleashed by the Word Bearers there. After the Heresy ended, Leonidon was granted a chapter of his own - now with his armour painted black instead of scorched, and his helm proudly bearing the striking red that came about as the result of his tactical thinking - this chapter would also be henceforth known as the Black Lions in honour of their progenitor.

AR7N8cp.jpg

wzJCvw8.jpg

0DUq03X.jpg

C+C welcome on the model! Not 100% happy with the pose frome some angles - the idea was for him to be reaching for his sidearm as he strides. But it’s good enough for me! These guys are gonna be based the same way and are posed in a fasion that makes it look like they’ve just spotted eachother and are advancing ready to fight.

Also, here’s a little teaser/rumour mill for what I’m gonna work on soon - it’s based on an obscure bit of background lore with no more than a few sentences ascribed to it, nonetheless I am very excited to develop the idea as the lack of background means I can sort of go crazy!

See if you can guess what it is!

TZQ0tyj.jpg

Cheers guys!

Leonidon's backstory is well-written. As for the teaser, I'm assuming it's for a feminine but alien model- Daemonettes, Aeldari or Drukhari.

Cheers! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Just gotta write Myr Khothon’s backstory next.

As for the teaser, you’re bang on with feminine but not quite there with xenos.

That Word Bearer is fantastic, k0nahrik, cannot wait to see it finished (that flame effect is just awesome) . I also want to see the final result together with the Black Lion, I really like the idea of scenic bases/mini dioramas with just a couple of miniatures.

It's a shame the MkIII plastic kit does not provide legs with more dynamic poses, considering how they are molded in the sprue I don't think it was unfeasible for GW.

Edited by Elzender

That Word Bearer is fantastic, k0nahrik, cannot wait to see it finished (that flame effect is just awesome) . I also want to see the final result together with the Black Lion, I really like the idea of scenic bases/mini dioramas with just a couple of miniatures.

It's a shame the MkIII plastic kit does not provide legs with more dynamic poses, considering how they are molded in the sprue I don't think it was unfeasible for GW.

Ta dude! I’m really happy with the flame effects so I’m glad they’re impressing. I do think the MKIII legs could have been posed more dynamically - as it stands I think Leonidon is using the most dynamic set in the box, but even then there’s only a small bit of stride to them.

Venusian War Witch? :smile.:

Great pose and bit of backstory with Leonidon.

Cheers mate! And you’re bang on with the teaser! Here’s a little bit of backstory for the character I have in mind, linking back to my Iron Warriors thread and my Warsmith character there:

In the earliest days of the Great Crusade, the Iron Warriors fought in the Mehr Yasht Crusades on Venus against the War-Witch covens and their Litho-Gholem armies.

Warsmith Volod Hadrak Ura was tasked with battle on the northern continent of Ishtar Terra. His mission was to secure compliance of it’s capital city Eanna.

He would have to defeat the High Priestess of the War-Witch covens of Ishtar Terra, and indeed one of the most high ranking witches on the planet.

His target was Mithra Enheduanna, an alpha level psyker in possession of a piece of technology from the Dark Age: the Crown of Zend, an artefact not unlike the psychic hood utilised by Imperial Psykers of this day and age. It boosted the already significant psychic powers of Mithra Enheduanna and all but eliminated the dangers that the warp posed to psykers who were not in possession of such an artefact, meaning that Mithra Enheduanna could use her abilities freely without fear of them endangering her - making her a very formidable opponent.

He would first have to fight his way through the streets of Eanna, against the harsh Venusian atmosphere, nigh indestructible Litho-Gholem legions and the extraordinarily dangerous war-witches that commanded them. Only then would he reach the Tower of Silence - the citadel in which Mithra Enheduanna and the Eanna coven resided - and fight his way through the forces within.

——-

The total lack of development for this small piece of lore has allowed me total freedom with regards to developing a background for this character and I’m really excited to start work on the mini. Let me know what you all think!

Hey all,

Quick update, spent a while fiddling around with the flame effects on Myr Khothon’s left hand so it doesn’t appear as though I’ve been making a lot of progress. What I have done however is finish his right arm, and made a start on his tainted weapon:

5e0uXsh.jpg

uRj33Fn.jpg

I am extremely happy with how the effect turned out, how the flames blend into the weapon and the heat glows out of the holes on it’s surface.

Let me know what you think, cheers for looking!

• 3 weeks later...

These are killer. More please.

Ace work on the mace.

Excellent work on the mace.

Looking real great there.

Cheers all!!

Been away from this thread for a while. Apostle is finished, need to get around to taking some proper photos of him (which will probably occur in a post later tonight)

In the meantime, take this! Very often inspiration will strike me out of the blue for a conversion, usually for an army I don’t play. In this case it was 40k Iron Warriors, and it’s nice to make a little contrast to my uncorrupted Heresy era IVth legion - so here is an Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, converted from Kranon. I wanted to evoke a pose of a military commander, relaxed and directing some kind of artillery strike - something I feel I captured well!

iNFZwHX.jpg

X9KgbgN.jpg

99t8qj3.jpg

WIP still - needs work on the crotch plate, chest + gorget, and removing some of the mutation from around the waist. Also may go back and re-do the fur. Lastly, I’m debating on removing the big dangly chaos stars (although this is something I’d like some second opinions on before I make my decision)

So let me know what you think! I imagine I’ll be back later tonight with pictures of the Word Bearer finished too - cheers for looking!

Edited by k0nahrik

Considering how the Chaos stars are molded into the breastplate, I wonder how you'll cover up the resulting gaps. Maybe leave the resulting scratches exposed, as battle damage that you'll paint the red and silver of torn flesh and metal?

Plan is to chop the stars and then replicate the missing detail beneath with GS, resculpting the breastplate and pipes beneath!

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

Today I come with something atypical for me - Xenos, rather than humans. The abominant model has been appealing to me since the release of Tooth and Claw, and the new GSC releases making him available as an individual model means I could finally get my hands on him. Here’s today’s work:

VAs61Iq.jpg

0sIWoGr.jpg

OuWjKMy.jpg

He’s going to be painted up in Kraken-esque colours hence the greenish-tinged skin and blue eyes - now just awaiting a red carapace.

Cheers for looking! Let me know what you think

Hey all,

Here’s an update on the Abominant.

zZgViTu.jpg

Really happy with how this model is coming along - probably the most fun I’ve had painting in along time. Especially happy with the blending and warts on his shoulder. Hopefully this guy’ll be finished up by the end of the day!

Cheers for looking, let me know what you think

Impressive work on the Abominant.

Cheers mate!

So today’s update brings with it the finished model. It’s a momentous occasion, the first model I’ve actually finished since May last year. Let me know what you think!

dHsWx2H.jpg

7UV98bR.jpg

J6HFXGv.jpg

7ZLcxFC.jpg

Cheers for looking!