The Iron Within - Truescale Iron Warriors Project

Moritan

tY5vXqn.jpg

Next project in line for me. Truescale Iron Warriors. Backstory is that they were a loyalist Grand Company that got sucked in by the Ruinstorm. 10,000 years later, Abbadon's dickery with the Warp spat them back out. While being transplanted through time and space, this Grand Company had to rely more and more on their Legio Cybernetica division as their losses mounted. 

The end result are things like this...

oVWQj7w.jpg

Interesting start. Are they still Loyalists or have they also fallen now?

Still loyalist. The Ruinstorm mucked up the entire system they were garrisoning during the Great Crusade and the recent shenanigans happening during the 13th Black Crusade spat the system back into real time.

They are a bit... peeved... by the current Imperium's circumstances.

This looks familiar :wink:

And I see you found a way to integrate the ball shoulder joints - those things are pain to remove.

Looking forward to see where this is going - Iron Within!

Yes, thank goodness Privateer Press decided to invest more into plastic models. I wouldn't have dared tried to convert their restic versions.

I think the Cryx Warjacks fit the Iron Warrior theme pretty well so I stuck vehicle cannons on them to make them Legio Cybernetica auxiliaries. 

Iron Without!

Nicely-done conversion work; looking forward to seeing them develop.

Thanks! The idea is to have two robots for every squad. The Cryx one you see here is in the backstory a upgunned and uparmored Vorax-class automata that the Iron Warriors created to fix their manpower issue.

tVQnlig.jpg

I've given it a multi-laser and plasma cannon to suit the squad's anti-personnel needs.

hp3TyEA.jpg

The new plastic warjacks are larger and better proportioned than PP's restic models. And because they are plastic, I can fix the arms pretty damn well just using plastic glue and green stuff,

HZfvNcc.jpg

A 2nd robot will join the first fairly shortly. The idea is to get 2 robots for every squad and 1 personalized robot for each character.

lLNiBN5.jpg

Robot with a Tactical Squad. You'll note some Alpha Legion heads and that's because Alpha Legion heads are the sexiest of all FW upgrades (fite me).

6NqHjrs.jpg

Demi-Squad with Sergeant. The Tactical Squads will have the capability into breaking into 2 smaller squads controlling a robot each. 

ARGNqjI.jpg

Demi-Squad with Squad Leader. 

May I suggest Megathirio-Ferrum pattern Castellax Assault Automata. It's butchered greek for behemoth, with the Ferrum tacked on to show it was designed by the iron warriors. If you'd like, I could write rules for you to use them in narrative games?

May I suggest Megathirio-Ferrum pattern Castellax Assault Automata. It's butchered greek for behemoth, with the Ferrum tacked on to show it was designed by the iron warriors. If you'd like, I could write rules for you to use them in narrative games?

I like this name! But I'm thinking about reserving it for a larger warjack, specifically the Khador Behemoth and Grolar class! Can you think up of any others?

Also a quick glimpse into the future of my loyalist Iron Warriors!

Pt2y55m.jpg

Another Truescale Tactical Squad has been completed, this time in MK IV Armor.

lA1Jh4y.jpg

U6hw0nC.jpg

The Legio Cybernetica automata that follow them into battle.

tHACfeM.jpg

A Leviathan Dreadnought, because Leviathan Dreadnoughts are best dreadnoughts!

RE4YipT.jpg

And finally the beginning of my armored spearhead.

• 4 weeks later...