Crusading time...!

Brother Carn

I recall reading something along the lines of Dorn "donning the black armour of mourning". It might have been from an unofficial source or maybe it was figurative, but I can see Dorn repainting his armour as grievance for his perceived failure.

Going back to the miniature itself, just woah. All the colours are just so clean, the dark gold and the black compliment each other fantastically, and the red of the cape offers a strong contrast. Hats off to you, sir.

• 3 weeks later...

The big man himself, is that angel wing on the cloak from the marine transfer sheet or free hand?

The agel wing is from a transfer sheet, one of few things in white and right size that I had. The line is an combination of transfer and free hand. 

Generally love the model. Lovely work on the armour and cloak.

Only minor observation would be that he appears slightly cross-eyed :wacko.:

However on the whole, excellent work. :smile.:

Thanks, ill see if I can get a better picture of the armor, the slight brown/red shimmer is lost in this. 

About the cross-eyed, I jumped up from breakfast and took him out of the cabinet before I went to office... It looks like the picture is deceiving as I cant really say his corss-eyed in reality (like half of the marines in the army.. maybe its the strong lenses in their helmets that makes them cross-eyed with time? ... :teehee: ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Excellent work on the Primarch. From his armor's colors, I presume you're portraying him post-Heresy, when he wore black to mourn the Emperor. Strangely, corpse at his feet is in pre-Heresy Sons of Horus colors; is the dead traitor a Son of Horus who rejected Abaddon's leadership?

Pre heresy "sons of horus" are white

To be fair, that would be Luna Wolves, if I recall correctly the renaming of the XVI with Horus' ascension to Warmaster also came with a change in the colours of the legion. So, although it was a short period of time, pre-Heresy Sons of Horus donned the sea green armour.

Regarding Bjorn's question, I am not sure how long did it take for Abaddon to create the Black Legion, but I am guessing that at least the early stages of the Scouring most Sons of Horus would still use the sea green. The BL novels by ADB should shed some more light on it. And even then, as Bjorn correctly guessed, there were some SoH that rejected Abaddon's decision and jept their colours and postume alliegance to Horus.

Archived