Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

\1500 Blood Axes (Lets get sneaky...)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,936 posts

So, now that the dex is finally upon us, I took my time crafting together a Blood Axe list that I'm really excited to play.  I wouldn't call it competitive, but its definitely got some tricks built into it that I think will have a few players at my LGS scratching their heads about how Orks can be so kunnin biggrin.png

Battalion Detachment:

Warboss - 80  (I've Got a Plan, Ladz!)                    
Kustom Shoota         
Da Killa Klaw
Attack Squig                                              

Weirdboy - 62 
Weirdboy Staff

Troops:

25 Boyz - 188
Nob w/ Power Klaw
Choppas & Sluggas
2 Tankbusta Bombs

25 Boyz - 188
Nob w/ Power Klaw
Choppas & Sluggas
2 Tankbusta Bombs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
10 Gretchen - 30

Elites:

5 Nobs w/Trukk -152
3 Big Choppas
Choppas & Sluggas
Big Shoota
Wreckin Ball

Painboy- 65
Power Klaw

Flyer:

Burna Bommer - 152
2 Supa Shoota
1 Twin Big Shoota
Skorcha Missiles

Heavy Support:

3 Mek Gunz - 107
2 Smasha Gun, 1 Traktor Kannon

Vangaurd Detachment 

HQ:

Boss Snikrot 70
Morks Teeth
Stikkbombs

Elites:

15 Kommandos - 133
Nob W/Power Klaw
Sluggas/Choppas
3 Tankbusta Bombs
Stikkbombs

15 Kommandos - 133
Nob W/Power Klaw
Sluggas/Choppas
3 Tankbusta Bombs
Stikkbombs

8 Tankbustas - 136
Rokkit Launchas
Tankbusta Bombs
Stikkbombs

Total: 1496  CP: 9

So, plan is pretty simple.  The Boyz, Weirdboy, Painboy, Mek Gunz, Burna Bomma, and Gretchen all start on the table.  Everything else goes into tactical reserves. 

Gretchen: used for Grot Shields or for deep strike denial. 

Mek Gunz: blow stuff up.  

Boyz & Weirdboy:  I'm kind of torn here, honestly.  On one hand, taking Da Jump with the weirdboy would get a boyz mob up the field on turn 1.  Then again, with the Blood Axe Kultur, the Boyz do effectively have a 5+ save.  Slogging them up the field and giving the weirdboy a power that actually hurts stuff might be better?

Burna Bomma:  I took this for a few different reasons.  One, I already have one  :D Two, you see the Prepared Positions stratagem get used a lot where I play, so the skorcha missiles and burna bombs might do some good.

Tankbustas, Nobz/Warboss, Kommandos/Snikrot:  All these lads deploy via Dead Sneaky, Tellyporta, and Kunnin Infiltrators respectively. Tankbustas will go tank bustin, Nobz and the Boss will go mince up whatever needs mincing, Kommandos will support the Boyz in whatever melee they end up in.

So, what does everyone think? And any idea what I should spend my last four points on :lol:

Edited by Kaldoth, 10 November 2018 - 08:04 PM.

• Yorkshire Dave, Bukimimaru and Tamika like this

Bukimimaru

Bukimimaru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts
  • Faction: The Redeemers

That looks great. 

I'm just starting with a Blood Axe army (literally, my first models arrived this morning) and this was a great help for me to visualize how a BA army should synergize.

Sisters of Battle Hobby Blog: https://overheresmug.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users