Ultimate Warhammer Experience (UK ONLY)

Joe

No; you had to buy £150 worth of stuff in GW brick and mortar, and that entered you into a raffle.

But they got £150 worth of product for their £150, the prize was on top of that, so yes, it was free (barring travel costs).

Oooh I’ve been emailed about my green screen photo lol which I didn’t have done. Might reply saying it was a bit pants but in a more diplomatic way.

Edit: I’ve replied with this:

Cheers for letting me and my mate attend. Honestly for the amount of travelling I did I don’t think it was worth it. It was ok but not as ultimate as you guys made it sound like it was going to be.

Hopefully future Ultimate Experiences will be a lot more fantastic for the attendees.

——————————————————-

Hopefully they’ll reply to this and I’ll give them feedback on what was hot and what was not.

I appreciate your blunt assessment of how the day went.

Ultimately, my take away was that it was a cheap form of marketing to encourage spending 'a little more' in their brick and mortar stores. A pity that it wasn't what you - and I'm sure many others - expected it to be, but hey, you're no worse off for having won and experienced it.

Oooh I’ve been emailed about my green screen photo lol which I didn’t have done. Might reply saying it was a bit pants but in a more diplomatic way.

Cheers for letting me and my mate attend. Honestly for the amount of travelling I did I don’t think it was worth it. It was ok but not as ultimate as you guys made it sound like it was going to be.

Hopefully future Ultimate Experiences will be a lot more fantastic for the attendees.

——————————————————-

Hopefully they’ll reply to this and I’ll give them feedback on what was hot and what was not.

I'll be honest and blunt. If you thought it was crap, tell them why. What did you expect? Why didn't it meet your expectations?

Don't beat around the bush as that helps no-one. They've already asked your opinion and your reply doesn't explain anything,it's too vague.

Your reply isn't diplomatic it doesn't explain anything and you may as well have simply written back "meh".

Why not send an edited version of what you wrote on here? Were there any good bits to the day? What would you have changed? Be specific other than it wasn't annl ultimate experience in your view.

——————————————————-

I'll be honest and blunt. If you thought it was crap, tell them why. What did you expect? Why didn't it meet your expectations?

Don't beat around the bush as that helps no-one. They've already asked your opinion and your reply doesn't explain anything,it's too vague.

Your reply isn't diplomatic it doesn't explain anything and you may as well have simply written back "meh".

Why not send an edited version of what you wrote on here? Were there any good bits to the day? What would you have changed? Be specific other than it wasn't annl ultimate experience in your view.

He said they mailed him about the photo, not about feedback though. So they didn't really ask him for anything.

Sure, they probably oversold it with the use of the word "Ultimate", but then everybody's idea of an "Ultimate" experience is going to be different and the likelihood of a freebie raffle prize actually meeting that level of expectation is pretty much zero.

What were you actually expecting from the day? Or maybe better question, what would you say would have made the event worth your time?

Yeah that didn’t help. GW brought the event an hour forward on Tuesday or Thursday can’t remember now, but I think if it’d started at 10 like it was meant to I’d not of been so tired. I know it’s only an hours difference but that counts when you live nearly 200 miles away. I did say to my mate we should of travelled up the day before but also the snow in the south was a bit dodgy too.

Oh well it’s done now.

Still don't know why it didn't meet expectations because you haven't outlined what your expectations actually were, aside from it starting at 10am.

It was being talked up by GW staff as a chance to see concepts for new products/stuff that hasn't been revealed, it would be reasonable to expect to see a work in progress for at least one model not previously seen.

when something is labled as an 'ultimate' experience I'd personally be expecting more than a token of what goes on behind the scenes, which is what Fr33Doms comments makes it sound like all they got.  I'd be thinking about learning what goes on in the rules development, model creation as well as the background.  

Show people some of the rejected model concepts for stuff thats been pre-viewed /recently released show people the concept drawings through 3 up model / CAD design all the way to the released model.

Basically show people what they cant see on a youtube video, or in books that have been around for years 

I was expecting people to be going on about seeing a new sisters model in the flesh... or even one of the codex writters talking about how they use beta test feedback to alter a codex.

If I'd have gone I would be massively let down at such a missed opportunity by GW.

If I'd let my expectations run unchecked I think I would have liked to see a painting/modelling tutorial session with someone from the 'Eavy Metal team. It would be awesome to learn some tips from the best. 

It's a shame to hear you felt let down by the event. Hopefully if they run this event again they will have more activities prepared.

Yeah, and all of the above is constructive and useful feedback for GW about what they could include to make it feel like an awesome experience if they do something similar again.

"It wasn't great and wasn't worth the time, I have no further comments" doesn't really give them anything to work with.

"It wasn't great and wasn't worth the time, I have no further comments" doesn't really give them anything to work with.

Nobody claimed it is. He said he's waiting for whether GW actually wants feedback before he writes them a more detailed mail. :huh.:

Yeah, and all of the above is constructive and useful feedback for GW about what they could include to make it feel like an awesome experience if they do something similar again.

Why in the world are you getting so upset over the way someone else experienced an event you didn't participate in? Seems like it got over-hyped, our brother here is disappointed, why are you so defensive for GW?

At the time I was seriously tempted to drop £150 in a gw store to get a chance to win this, basically because I thought (turns out wrongly) that it would be behind the scenes, looking at upcoming models and seeing stuff nobody else had. I can see why someone who did drop the cash was disappointed. Nice to hear confirmation that more primaris will appear but I had hoped to hear more.

Why in the world are you getting so upset over the way someone else experienced an event you didn't participate in? Seems like it got over-hyped, our brother here is disappointed, why are you so defensive for GW?

I'm neither upset about anybody's experience, nor defensive for GW. I'm simply saying that if someone says something didn't live up to their expectations, it would be interesting to know what those expectations were.

I'm neither upset about anybody's experience, nor defensive for GW. I'm simply saying that if someone says something didn't live up to their expectations, it would be interesting to know what those expectations were.

Well for starters after getting talking to other people and my friend we all were under the impression we’d get to see stuff that’s going to be released later on for all the games that GW make and maybe stuff no one has ever seen before. And thought we might get to see where all the ideas are brought to life etc

Archived