Favourite dice

slitth

Before we begin I do not think that one kind of dice are better than others.

A high cost D6 is more or less just as likely to rolling a 1 as as a normal everyday dice.

But I would be surprised if most players do not have a favourite set of dice.

For me, my favourite set would be my D6 16mm Precision Backgammon Dice.

I prefer to use them when I play games that only need two dice.

When I play game that need more dice I have a 32 Alpha Legion dice from FW and 9 Escher Gang dice from GW.

I have yet to find some favourite specially dice (D10 and the like)

What are your favourites?

That's a really good point, really.  There are some dice that just kinda 'work'.  When I start an army I tend to buy a corresponding die block of solids for their bolter, standard close combat attacks, and saves.  Then I colour code them with other weapons: clear aqua for plasma and power weapons, white for las-cannons along with melta and power fists,  green for heavy bolters and autocannons, aaaand yet, my favourite is the simple clear cherry red D6's in the Dark Imperium set that I use for explosives like missiles and grenades.  They seem to feel juuuuust a little bit heavier than my others, and also seem to roll fantastic when I need them too and average most of the time.  For a guy who has terrible dice luck, those things seem to do well for me.  Easy to read, feel nice, worth the money I dropped into the Dark Imperium set. 

My block of GW solid reds with skulls for 1... terminator killers.  Like, I use them for saves and my Blood Angel Terminators die. 

My absolute favorite dice will always be my B&C dice. I have both the numbered skull sides as well as the skull pips, with enough variations (pips and colors) to be able to squad roll 2d6 for that 3+ Terminator armor save (when that finally makes a comeback).

I will actually use those for other games and it weirds my non-war gaming friends out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

B&C dice sound pretty excellent -sighs- if only I was there when they were.  

Great, now I kinda wanna go dice shopping. :P might as well pick up some new D20's and such too, mine have been just awful lately. 

Dice hate me so i have no favourite. However there was always my lucky plasma die. It was purple and i dont know where it came from, but it never rolled a 1 on any gets hot! Tests.

I do have lucky models on the other hand. An old leman russ that never missed, always got direct hit.

One day i hope to make a chessex order for some personalised dice. The GW ones are handy, but i find them too small for handling purposes.

I hate dice with any symbol other than pips. For 40k I use mini Chessex dice because they work for batches, but they are not at all satisfying to roll or play with.

Galaxy Trucker is a board game that includes a black wooden die with gold painted pips that for whatever reason has entranced me. I go on about it so much that I am fairly confident my wife has gotten me a set of wooden dice for Christmas. I'll still use chessex for big batches, but I suspect the wooden ones will become a mainstay for important rolls, as well as the most vital function of a die: fidgeting with.

I tend to use Chessex dice because that's what's sold around here. I pretty much have to have complimentary, specific dice for each army, and the dice seem to know this. I have a brick of red and black and another of red and brass for my knornate guard, silver and brass for my Custodes, and recently acquired red and yellow for my Lamenters. I have no matching dice for my Ultras, which I assume is why they've only ever won a single game. It extends to Kill Teams as well, with a couple pounds of D6s being purchased and used to make up Kill Team loadouts.

I may have a dice problem...

The best dice are the custom job ones purposefully weighed to favor sixes. :wink:

Although in truth I don't really have any preference for dice beyond a bias to metal. I find that the weight of metal keeps them from flying off into the sunset like plastic can do on occasion. Only downside is they can be dangerous if carelessly dumped near models.

Love my Blood Angels dice (the ones that came with the latest codex). I just wish I had more of them and they'd maybe a bit smaller so I can actually use them for mass dice rolling lol

Not sure what might be on the agenda, but perhaps if there were enough interest in B&C 20th Anniversary dice, Kurgan could be persuaded to look into that for next year.

Not sure what might be on the agenda, but perhaps if there were enough interest in B&C 20th Anniversary dice, Kurgan could be persuaded to look into that for next year.

I might be interested if GW gives me a break to let my purse recover a bit. With almost 13k posts I'm definitely invested enough in this forum to want some themed dice as well. :D

My current favorites are the imperial knight dice since the symbol on the 6 and skull on the 1 probably helps with balance.

Otherwise my go to dice will always be my GravityDice (name of the company as well) Expensive yes, but metal, smaller than vegas dice, and you can get a cool metal case for them. Have one set of six and plan on getting some more when they restock the colors I want.

My favorite dice are the GW dice I got back in the early 2000s. They have bolter shot marks for the pips. They roll like garbage, are black and silver and have the Aquila in the place of the one. Can't find a picture of them on google. If anyone wants to see them I can post a picture of them when I get home.

The novelty of the Death Guard's squishy '3D' centre makes them my favourite. The plastic feels crap, they're hard to tell the number at a glance and they don't roll well, but dammit they're just so unique.

I literally refuse to play against someone using them... they are at best a gag imo .

Archived