Favourite dice

slitth

I like the standard GW dice that have a skull for the 1.

1. They are 12mm and easy to roll a large amount.

2. The colors make them easy to quickly see the numbers (pips).

3. I prefer the bone colored ones with black pips. I have a bag of 40 (2 sets).

My runner-up are the Maelstrom dice that GW made that had the gothic numbers on them. They stopped making them a good 6 months back or more? They were a polymer not a true plastic. They were very light.

I have a set of 12 custom Raven Guard dice I had made by Chessex before they got smited with the IP banhammer from GW. I also had them make a set of Iron Hands and Dark Angels for my buddy's birthday.

FWfllMP.jpg

I'm working on a custom chapter right now so I guess I'll need to go dice shopping again. I'm still working out their symbol so when I get that done I'll probably have a set of dice made with that on it.

I have a set of 12 custom Raven Guard dice I had made by Chessex before they got smited with the IP banhammer from GW. I also had them make a set of Iron Hands and Dark Angels for my buddy's birthday.

Those are really nice. I’ve also had some custom dice made by Chessex that I’m very fond of; I try to have custom dice for every army.

GW are wasting opportunities with their handling of their IP IMO. Clearly there is a market for dice and accessories with GW IP on them. It would have been very easy for them to offer Chessex the carrot or stick treatment of ‘use our IP under license, produce custom dice with our logos and give us a slice of the pie, or get hit with legal action’ rather than their current approach of all stick all the time - cease and desist or else.

Sure, that would mean GW wouldn’t sell as many of their own special dice sets, for which they have a higher profit margin. But they’ll only make so many of those - say Ultramarines, BA, DA, Wolves, mayyyybe IF. But what about Templars? Sallies? White Scars, IH, Brazen Claws, Nova Marines? Brazen Claws players aren’t going to buy Ultramarines dice because BC ones aren’t available. GW would get less profit off each die sold through Chessex, but what’s better, making $1.00 off a hundred dice sets, or making $0.20 off a thousand? GW might say ‘but it costs us the opportunity to make the other Chapter dice in the future’, which is true, but then they’re leaving money on the table in the present for a future that may never materialise.

It just seems insane to me not to utilise their IP more thoroughly.

I just picked up the space wolf dice to use with my new army, and I like them. Normally, I just use the standard GW cube dice, with the skulls on the 1s.

They are basically the same kind of dice as the Blood Angels ones I use so they feel and look great (my SW buddy has them) tho I noticed from a little bit of distance it's hard to see whether they rolled a 1 or a 6 on a glance unlike the Blood Angels ones which is a bummer.

I just picked up the space wolf dice to use with my new army, and I like them. Normally, I just use the standard GW cube dice, with the skulls on the 1s.

They are basically the same kind of dice as the Blood Angels ones I use so they feel and look great (my SW buddy has them) tho I noticed from a little bit of distance it's hard to see whether they rolled a 1 or a 6 on a glance unlike the Blood Angels ones which is a bummer.

Definitely takes some getting used too, not having pips. I've only played two games so far with them, and I've not even lost any yet! I've not had issues with 1/6's but it takes a moment to count the scratches. I play mostly casually, so it's not too much of an issue.

FWfllMP.jpg

I'm working on a custom chapter right now so I guess I'll need to go dice shopping again. I'm still working out their symbol so when I get that done I'll probably have a set of dice made with that on it.

This are really nice dice.

Funny how WG can claim copyright on some of the heraldry

Some of them are after all classic heraldry motives

I have some old ChessEx dice that have rounded edges red ones and green ones I got them years and years ago I rarely use them these days it seems but I like them a lot. on occasion they land on a corner and just stand there. It really freaks people out.  
I think those are the ones I like the best but just for that reason.

I still have my green / gold Chessex from when I first started (sans a few from falling into the floor warp at my FLGS) so I still use those and they usually roll pretty decent. Once the Death Guard codex came out, I commissioned some with the Legion icon in the same coloration, albeit a bit larger. I love them.

I also have the GW Death Guard dice but I loathe how they feel in my hand.

I wonder who makes the special dices for GW and FW.

Do you think it's made in-house or by a 3rd party?

And would you buy even more dice if a company like Chessex handle the dice part instead?

I wonder who makes the special dices for GW and FW.

Do you think it's made in-house or by a 3rd party?

And would you buy even more dice if a company like Chessex handle the dice part instead?

I'd really love a big bag of the Kill Team AdMech dice. But I'm not buying multiples of the Kill Team pack at that cost...

Has anyone ever seen any yellow and black hazard stripe inspired dice? Would like some for my Legio Ignatum.

The D&D gamer nerd in me prefers Precision unpolished dice

However, I REALLY like the new dice from GW that came in Dark Imperium and AoS Soul Wars. Since they are clear, you can see that the plastic is uniform throughout.

The OLD white GW dice had a tendency to not be fully melted inside and would have almost a chalky center if you cut one open. This meant some dice could be weighted funny and wouldnt roll well.

If anyone has the new clear dice and doesnt want them, send them my way please!

Here's what I have/use

(the Khorne- and Nurgle-aligned cubes)

http://www.cartamagica.hr/pro/4630-b.jpg

The only good thing from Age of Sigmar

gw-99220201002-4.jpg I reserve these for my World Eaters / Khorne Daemonkin

I have a block of 36 in this color for Dark Angels 3rd Company

57_caf37511-2898-4d9d-a2cb-0de7f45dbffe_

I also have an assortment of black, white and red dice of vary sizes and corner designs. Mostly the black and white ones come out in bulk if I'm playing Black Templar. Otherwise I'll use black to represent things like powerfist attacks, armor saves for an IC attached to a unit, etc. Red (with white pips) is my default color for plasma attacks. I will use it on occasion for my Word Bearers (who lack plasma) but if I'm playing Chaos it's probably not them.

Archived