Which Household for a Pugilist Household

Lord Blackwood

So  I am thinking about running a fully melee  2000 point list. 

It probably won't be super competitive the synergies may or may not work but  I wanna roll with the melee knight dream. 

I think the big question is  KRAST or TERRYN

The List in Question is as Follows 

+++ Punch Them In The Mouth (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [106 PL, 1996pts] +++

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [64 PL, 1188pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Exalted Court: Exalted Court: 1 Extra Warlord Trait (-1CP)
Categories: No Force Org Slot

Heirlooms of the Household: Heirlooms of the Household: 1 Extra Heirloom (-1CP)

Household Choice: Questor Imperialis
House Terryn: Household Tradition: Gallant Warriors

+ Lord of War +

Cerastus Knight-Lancer [24 PL, 480pts]: Cerastus Shock Lance, Character (Knight Lance), Shock Blast, Titanic Feet, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Landstrider
Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Household>, Vehicle, Lord of War, Titanic, Cerastus Knight-Lancer, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Faction: Imperial Knights, Cerastus Class, Warlord

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 354pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Titanic Feet, Warlord Trait (Terryn): Champion of the Household
Categories: Faction: <Household>, Faction: Imperium, Lord of War, Titanic, Vehicle, Knight Gallant, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Questoris Class

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 354pts]: Character (Heirloom of the House), Heavy Stubber, Heirloom: The Paragon Gauntlet, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Titanic Feet
Categories: Faction: <Household>, Faction: Imperium, Lord of War, Titanic, Vehicle, Knight Gallant, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Questoris Class

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [42 PL, 808pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Household Choice: Questor Imperialis
House Terryn: Household Tradition: Gallant Warriors

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 164pts]
Categories: Lord of War
Armiger Warglaive: Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chain-Cleaver, Thermal Spear
Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Household>, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Armiger Class, Armiger Warglaive, Vehicle, Faction: Imperial Knights

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 164pts]
Categories: Lord of War
Armiger Warglaive: Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chain-Cleaver, Thermal Spear
Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Household>, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Armiger Class, Armiger Warglaive, Vehicle, Faction: Imperial Knights

Cerastus Knight-Lancer [24 PL, 480pts]: Cerastus Shock Lance, Character (Knight Lance), Shock Blast, Titanic Feet
Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Household>, Vehicle, Lord of War, Titanic, Cerastus Knight-Lancer, Faction: <Questor Allegiance>, Faction: Imperial Knights, Cerastus Class

I  feel like  I may be overthinking it or  I may be missing something, just hoping to get another angle  D:  

Krast is probably the best in terms of melee output, plus being a mechanicus house gives you access to stratagems for keeping you in the fight longer.

Griffith for extra attacks is never a bad thing either. The only buffs Terryn give are movement ones, although do have a fight twice stratagem.

Overall, I'd say krast has the highest theoretical damage potential, if that's what you're favoring; however...  

Griffith is going to have the highest reliable damage output (assuming you get the charge) WITHOUT spending command points, AND all your knights get the bonus. 

terryn is best at ensuring you get the charge in the first place (and therefore strike first, if that's your priority)

so I would say krast, Griffith, or terryn, if you're focused on damage,

Cadmus or mortan if you want more balance between offense and defense,

hawkshroud if you want to just not care about damage.

overall,  I'd actually say go with Griffith if you're comfortable with your dice rolling.

Griffith looks good for the first turn, but that extra attack becomes less impactful as your Knights take damage. Krast's re-rolls on the other hand likely become more impactful as the game goes on and you deteriorate.

Headsmans mark is also another helpful relic. Damage 8 Chainsword and Gauntlet is nothing to be sniffed at...

Griffith looks good for the first turn, but that extra attack becomes less impactful as your Knights take damage. Krast's re-rolls on the other hand likely become more impactful as the game goes on and you deteriorate.

Headsmans mark is also another helpful relic. Damage 8 Chainsword and Gauntlet is nothing to be sniffed at...

1. it's not just the extra attack, but the mortal wounds options

2. re-rolls and deterioration are a fair point; maybe even enough to decide things. 

3. headsman's mark only applies to one model though

Damage d3+1 feet...

4. a very strong point, but again, only applies to one of your models.

I think the real question is do you want mechanicus or imperial?

I'd certainly give that a run out for a laugh,

Though I'd be running it as krast for the rerolls.

Their strat for 1 CP is great too when used on feet, each hit becoming two hits (or three verses chaos) has real potential when you're throwing 12 dice.

It's like an angry combat based endless fury

Hoping to go get a game tonight, might give this a go, if not I'm running a tournament on Saturday and this could be a laugh - was going to take the Atrapos but could be swayed

I'd certainly give that a run out for a laugh,

Though I'd be running it as krast for the rerolls.

Their strat for 1 CP is great too when used on feet, each hit becoming two hits (or three verses chaos) has real potential when you're throwing 12 dice.

It's like an angry combat based endless fury

Hoping to go get a game tonight, might give this a go, if not I'm running a tournament on Saturday and this could be a laugh - was going to take the Atrapos but could be swayed

you want to know what's hilarious? a knight gallant's titantic feet with  krast strat + headsman's mark + seneschal warlord trait  + REALLY (i.e. highly improbable) good dice rolls can put 270 damage on a chaos titan;  That's in ONE round of combat. 

Archived