GrFlur "Storming" TwoClouds Work in Progress (WIP)

GrFlur

mm nup

they are going to stay dawnstone but i will give them the rhino's freehand to add a bit of color

And this time to both sides :tongue.:

I like the dawnstone against the Wolf Grey, nice contrast. 

What's your process for the Wolf Grey?

Priming with The Fang

Layer of Russ Grey

- Shadows (Nuln oil, Agrax Earthshade and/or Drakenhof Nightshade)

Layer with Fenrisian Grey

- Lights dry Etherium Blue

Coming out of the Clouds...

Etl steps 3

Drakenhof nightshade done

Some Gehena gold to the details

Some Aveland sunset to the Air in cases

Some Agrax earth shade on both of them and used to start the free hand to ger a better overall picture 

• 3 weeks later...

ETL Update:

Cloud_1 Finished

Cloud 1

Cloud_2 few little arrangements to go yet

Rhinos: I will try something diferent I didn't done before. Shadow the whole thing with Drakenhof Nightshade after Russ grey layer (already layered and shaded)

Afterwards some drybrushing all over with various colors russ grey once again and some fenrisian grey.

Life is slowly killing my hobby time :(

The cyberwolf suffered and enciclopedian accident and was reduced to a pulp :(

The upside and wings are the same but the down side is darkker, yes.

Reason? I like it better with few  touches like this to represent not always having the same exact paint in the diferent places where the ships are repaired and painted. It gives them also some personality to each one. 

Bjorn, Cloud_1 for the moment until I find the correct words in nordic/gaelic language that likes me. Why? Because when you see the clouds means the storm is coming, you will see the lightning striking and will hear the Thunder screaming.

First time you see the Clouds you will not be afraid and then, if you survive, the second time it will make you hide under the bed ;)

• 1 month later...

Some Storming Ideas for my future upcoming "Primaris"

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm.php?bpe=63C983&bpj=E8CF13&bp=63C983&bpc=63C983&hdt=A6A8AF&hdm=A6A8AF&hdl=A6A8AF&ey=39FC03&er=63C983&pip=236E03&nk=63C983&ch=63C983&eg=A6A8AF&sk=FFECC1&abs=63C983&bt=A6A8AF&cod=63C983&ull=8AB0E8&lk=000000&lll=8AB0E8&lft=8AB0E8&url=63C983&rk=E8CF13&lrl=63C983&rft=63C983&slt=E8CF13&sli=FAFAFA&srt=63C983&sri=E8CF13&ula=8AB0E8&lel=8AB0E8&lla=8AB0E8&lw=8AB0E8&lh=8AB0E8&ura=63C983&rel=63C983&rla=63C983&rw=63C983&rh=63C983&gr=236E03&rb=767981&nkl=8AB0E8&chestl=8AB0E8&abdl=8AB0E8&hdtl=A6A8AF&hdml=A6A8AF&hdll=A6A8AF&btl=A6A8AF&codl=8AB0E8&erl=63C983&bpl=8AB0E8&bpjl=E8CF13&bpel=8AB0E8&bpcl=8AB0E8&abdc=A6A8AF&bg=FFFFFF&beta=&version=&

Half wolf,  half what's coming

Grey parts are meant to be silver ones

There is no gold but yellow

white shoulder to put wolfs markings

yellow shoulder to fit my army colours (yes yes blackmane yellow and black but with another simbol)

Paints: 

Vallejo Game

- Foul Green

- SunBlast yellow

GW Citadel

- RuneFang Steel

- Ushabti Bone

- Russ grey

- Chaos Black

- White Scar

- LeadBelcher

What do you think?

(yes I'm pretty bored at work right now :( )

I dislike halved color schemes, not only because of personal aesthetic biases and a preference for symmetry, but due to concerns of misidentification and subsequent "friendly fire" accidents- the Marine's left side looks totally different from his right, potentially causing confusion.

Petey:

Green and yellow

Blue "iceish" and black

silver

I'm a big fan of dragons, therefore I went Dragon Clan with L5R long time ago so there is the scheme (also green is my favourite color)

Also

the Iceish blue and black represents winter and the yellow and green is the natural evolution to spring (where almost everything is born, reborn or made new)

The silver is the Moon, the always present Lady of the night, our true companion during our hunts

Bjorn:

For a moment I didn't like either but not for the reason your saying. The reason your talking... meh... we are wolves, we smell our own kind, no need for colors ;)

I don't know, it doesn't really scream Wolves to me for some reason - don't want to be a downer, so if you really like it, go for it! The green and yellow definitely seem reptilian that way - which might actually be very cool for a Wolf off-shoot world that's plagued by sea monsters or something - their mortal men longboats get attacked by them a lot and getting a scaly cloak is a sign of high regard or something.

I'm there!

Not satisfied with how it all have endeed but time is up for me :( (for sure I will and a lil'bit of details here and there)

Bow finished 1

Bow finished 2

Caestus:

Sgòth liath -  finished

Milleadh tàirneanach - finished

Rhinos:

Sgiath fiodha - finished

Clach armachd - finished

Time to rest and start building my greyhunters...

My contrast paints haven't been delivered yet ... da fu !

Good job on the Rhinos and the Caesti (plural?). What do the names mean?

Sgòth liath -- Gray Cloud

Milleadh tàirneanach -- Damaged Thunder

Sgiath fiodha -- Wodden Shield

Clach armachd -- Stone Armour

My contrast paints haven't been delivered yet ... da fu !

Careful with those contrasts.  They are better for fine detail than large armor plate sections

Yep I've seen a lots of videos. Mostly I wanted for details and to paint my other boardgame miniatures... but I can't even start testing them yet :(

A quickie to proof test the new colors Idea

Quickie New colors 2

Quickie New colors 3

Quickie New colors 1

The idea is to make the colors a lot more palid, maybe the blue/gray like Fenrisian grey / White Scar 2/3 1/3

The Blue is Fenrisian grey  + White scar 50%-50% and Blue Giliam glaze

The green I didn't find any to suit my taste as for yet (where are my contrast paints? :sad.: ) so I used Green wash over White scar

No shadows, no highlights almost no details just 15min of quick painting

Thoughts?

Edited by GrFlur

Trying some colours in a more serious note for my Succesor chapter:

My succesors 1

My successors 2

I'm not sure how to make the shades in the armour should I use the always resourcefull agrax earthshade? Or should I try with drakenhoff and the green one separately?

Is the green too much green?

All coments are welcome !