Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pt Semi-Competative

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

patchestheclown

patchestheclown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts

Hey all, ever since battlescribe updated I have been furiously tapping away creating lots of lists to play with my friends. While we are not tournament level players by any means we do enjoy taking lists that have some real kick to them while still being a bit fluffy.

I'm trying out 2 clans mixed, the warboss & his personal fluffer (weridboy) are lucky blue gits and have made an alliance with a crazy big mek who loves to go fast. How they made this arrangement is unknown but the best guess is that recently painted over goff gorkanaut probably had a lot to do with it :) 

Battalion <Deathskulls>

HQ

Warboss - PK & kustom shoota (warboss, brutal but kunnin, killy klaw)

Weirdboy - warp 'ead (warpath, fists of gork)

Troops

3 x 10 gretchin

Elites

7 Nobz - PK & 6 big choppas

Painboy

2 x 8 tankbustas

Batallion <Evil Suns>

HQ

Big Mek (index) - KFF (redder armor relic)

Weirdboy - da jump

Troops

30 boyz (boss with PK)

20 boyz (boss with PK)

10 boyz

Heavy

Gorka

Battlewagon ('ard case & deffrolla)

Dedicated

2 x Trukks

The idea for this list is to put the tankbustas in the trukks, mob up the boyz and await da jump. Boss, warp ead, painboy, nobz, and 10 grots go in BW. Tellyporta the Gorka who has the big mek inside, and maybe BW depending on enemy AT. Turn 1 will be mostly maneuvering into position/clearing chaff and then turn 2 will be the big crunch as I'm hoping most of my army will get stuck in.

*******DECISION TIME***********

I've got some points left over to make it  2,000. For basically the same points I can either get 7 lootas (deathskulls) or 5 bikerz (evil suns) boss would have PK. I'm looking for a unit that will help me clear up chaff units to make way for da jumping boyz and tellyporta big stuff. Which do you think will serve me best? My initial thoughts are that lootas will probably perform all game while bikes will do more work T1 or T2 but will probably never see out the game length

patchestheclown

patchestheclown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts

So I thought that you could mix clan infantry with different clan vehicles.... I was wrong. So its the same list but the wagon and the trukks are now Deathskulls, gonna miss the +1" move/adv/charge but a 6++ aint terrible

Still havent made up my mind about lootas/bikes. Im gonna try running both but my gut is telling me bikerz might be better since its a guaranteed 30 shots at S5 which is more than enoguh to clear most chaff/screening units and I can always charge in to make sure of it to open up a landing strip for the gorka/BW. Lootas though will be better vs primaris & asscan dreds/razorbacks which I face a lot in my friend group. Hmmmmmm....

Edited by patchestheclown, 15 November 2018 - 02:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users