Zhiv does Legio Astorum and Legio Mordaxis.

Zhiv

I believe Vulpa's official scheme is rust brown with bone trim.       

On 40k wiki yes.  As far as I know this comes from first edition of Adeptus Titanicus and chances are that the studio has adapted or adjusted it. 

Kinda double post.  I haven't seen a (satisfying) solution to magnetizing warhound arms.  So I set to work.  See instructions before, though be warned, if you have magnetized multiple kits the tricks uses might be trivial to you.  This is more aimed to people with less experience with magnetizing. 

Since I was asked, I used 1/8" x 1/16" magnets, so 3 mm x 1.5 mm magnets.  

The 'upper arm'.  This bit will be eventually glued in place against the shoulder. 

D1En7zZ.jpg

Blasma Blastgun

I9CCEdi.jpg

Inferno gun

wyfllzH.jpg

Turbolaser Destructor.   This works much like the inferno gun, though you'll need to shave more plastic from the casing to fit in the magnet. 

wgk0Rbb.jpg

Vulcan mega bolter.  I am not actually happy with this.  I will likely try to improve the design the next time I assemble one.

spITZah.jpg

Edited by Zhiv

Looks good. I really like that these kind of tutorials are springing up to help out the rest of the community.

Two questions about your tutorial.

Firstly, what size of magnet is that? Guessing maybe 3mm? (I don't think you mentioned anywhere).

Secondly, do you find your magnet is strong enough to not require a second magnet in the gun?

I'm currently trying to magnetise Warhounds using 2mm magnets and I'm a bit worried about the strength.

Thanks.

Dallo

I used 1/8" x 1/16" magnets, so 3 mm x 1.5 mm magnets.    Got them from my FLGS.  You can find them on Amazon too. 

As for how well they hold (with the nails)

6NCH8I1.jpg

I have also updated my guide (see above).  It now contains a guide to magnetize all weapons, however the mega bolter needs mark. II. 

Edited by Zhiv

I believe Vulpa's official scheme is rust brown with bone trim.       

On 40k wiki yes.  As far as I know this comes from first edition of Adeptus Titanicus and chances are that the studio has adapted or adjusted it. 

It's still rust brown-red with bone trim, and also deep purple. Andy Hoare has said you're on the right track if they resemble "raw, bruised meat."

I'm personally all aboard the Vulpa train, and I have an album of pics that I've been hoarding as early reference if you're still considering them. If it helps, they're likely going to be one of the first Titan Legions to deploy daemon engines. Just imagine these powered by the warp, their armour panels turning to fleshless, perpetually bleeding muscle and the bone trim into spiked, spinal forms :teehee:

They're going to be the primary antagonists of the novel Titandeath, opposing Legio Solaria, and will feature heavily in the Titandeath campaign book. Because both have a decent amount of art that's been previewed, I think there are good odds each of these will see transfer releases, but we'll still have to wait and see. Defensor is supposed to be another key player, but unfortunately there's no art that's been shown for them yet afaik :sad.: Krytos is the other Titan Legion that's getting rules and probably transfers.

Meanwhile, from that original 5v5 list, I'm pretty sure that Suturvora, Astorum and Atarus are no longer planned to receive rules. Gryphonicus was covered in the main book. Fureans and Mortis are definitely getting rules.

Edited by LetsYouDown

Oh that's interesting.  I like the burgundy / bone color scheme, not sure what to think of purple as an accent color with the burgundy.  However their insignia is bad-ass...  as long as we get transfers for them, I think Vulpa would be very very attractive option.  I might need to learn to air brush if I cannot find suitably dark red spray can... 

'No longer planned getting rules' sounds sad... that bit shouldn't take too many resources. Especially as I was considering Astorum my loyal legio. 

G9EM03l.png

I am done with assembly for the time being.  Painting will commence in April when spray cans are usable again.  <.< 

Before that I need to buy one of the new reavers which will come out in January I guess?

Meanwhile I am debating if I should buy the double volcano cannon warlord and wait for the upgrade kit - or just buy the plasma annihilator kit. 

Also hopefully soon I'll start experimenting with basing as that is something that isn't temperature dependant.

At this point I would get a plasma Warlord and offer someone a plasma for a volcano, you’d have MANY takers.

Or I could buy one each as I am going for two axiom maniples...  however, I wonder how well the plasma + volcano works as plasma has quite short range. 

Some nice looking stuff here. If you’re not going to spray them until April, is it worth the effort of just priming them by hand?

With regards to the shorter range on the plasma, realistically anything trying to kill your Warlord (outside of, perhaps a Volcano Warlord), will be getting close to you to do any significant damage.

Dallo

At this point I would get a plasma Warlord and offer someone a plasma for a volcano, you’d have MANY takers.

Or I could buy one each as I am going for two axiom maniples...  however, I wonder how well the plasma + volcano works as plasma has quite short range. 

I would go for the Warlord with sunfury and the titan battlegroup set that will be released next week then (the battlegroup has a warlord with apoc launchers and belicosa, a reaver - unfortunately not the new one - and 2 warhounds for £100 before potential discounts, seems availability will be limited in time)

Any possibilities to spray paint indoor? I'm using the garage when my wife's car is out of it of course. Depends of course on the temperature inside.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

@.@ But I don't really need another reaver, even if the warhounds are free.  I want the reaver with cool heads and weapons and it's not yet clear when that sprue is coming out.

So I got myself a warlord with volcano cannons in preparation for the upgrade sprue being released.   

Determined to magnetize the thing, I am recording here my solution in case someone might need an idea how to go on with it.

1) The head.  Simple.  Shave the round bit of piece 37 until it is flat. Apply glue and 5 mm magnet.  Cover with green stuff to keep it in place, but make sure you don't spread the green stuff too widely

Next, keeping piece 89 to yourself, assemble head as per image 34 without the back.  Then sink 3 2mm magnets into the hole in the back of the head.  Use the magnet on piece 37 to check for polarity.  Then, when everything is dry, glue 89 to the head.

Kgtmg5E.jpg

2) The hips.  This is bit I found to be vexing.  Assemble the warlord torso until step 18. The stuff plasticard / green stuff / stuff inside the torso until you get the magnet where you want it.  Use bits 26 and 28 to dry fit your stuffing so that you leave enough space for bit 26.  I ended with plastic and super glue as well as green stuff on my fingers. :sleep:

Yeah. Then stuff the 26 with green stuff, apply magnet while checking the polarity with the torso and close the bit 26 with more green stuff.  Let both of the sub assemblies dry for 24 hours.

hOF3Scy.jpg

Edited by Zhiv

You guys rock, I preordered my Maniple box and I'm wondering, how much space is there within each of the torsos?

I want to try fitting them with LEDs so the eyes light up. Think there's room inside for a small battery and switch?

Rik

You guys rock, I preordered my Maniple box and I'm wondering, how much space is there within each of the torsos?

I want to try fitting them with LEDs so the eyes light up. Think there's room inside for a small battery and switch?

Rik

I started doing this but I couldn't fit a CR2032 battery in a holder with a switch in the torso. I tried to run the wires down his legs and mount the switch and battery into the base but that was more of a hassle than it was worth. Since I couldn't do it with Reavers and Warhounds I decided not to bother.

Edited by Fajita Fan