Zhiv does Legio Astorum and Legio Mordaxis.

Zhiv

Lovely work.

Nice to see you posting again Zhiv.

Dallo

Thanks. ^^  Now, I wish there was more natural light around when I take my pictures. <.<

Good job on the Knights. Why mark each one with a red omega? To show they're oathsworn to the Sons of Orar Space Marine Chapter?

Those are actually the house symbols from the Hyboras sheet that comes with the Vulpa transfer sheet.

Also, as it turns out I have painted some reavers.

9gg2zVz.png
Reaver Titan 'Moros' of legio Mordaxis during the pacification of Zarathusa Secundus, moving to engage the traitors opposing the Warmaster.

For the Warmaster! Adversus et admorsus!

Since 'Mordaxis' means roughly 'biting one' as far as I can tell, I am using 'Resist and Bite' as the war cry of my maniple(s).

o58WDvk.png

I also tried hand painting some chevrons.

4CCwvAL.png
<.< Lack of natural light showing here. 

wVC4jqI.png

Nice Reavers. I think you've done a good job on the chevrons. One suggestion though is to highlight them following the shape of the model, not the edges of the pattern. So instead of edge highlighting them, you could do a light line along the edge of the carapace that crosses over the black and purple areas (so it'll have grey and pink-ish bits).

I like what you've done with the muddy bases. Just the right amount of splashing, I think.

Edited by Mandragola

Nice Reavers. I think you've done a good job on the chevrons. One suggestion though is to highlight them following the shape of the model, not the edges of the pattern. So instead of edge highlighting them, you could do a light line along the edge of the carapace that crosses over the black and purple areas (so it'll have grey and pink-ish bits).

I like what you've done with the muddy bases. Just the right amount of splashing, I think.

I feel like the mud might be wee bit off the scale, seeing how it's like... 2-3 meters tall. :blush.:   But it does look pretty good. As for painting the chevrons, I am still very much learning and might try that with the next panel. Problem is that large curved surfaces are :censored: to highlight.

Good job on the Reavers. Will they turn to Chaos during or after the Horus Heresy? Or are they from an alternate universe in which Horus doesn't turn traitor?

Mordaxis fell for Chaos early during the Heresy thanks to their tech priests getting corrupted. So mine are staunch supporters of Horus. :happy.:

Very nice work on the striping. Will you be doing more of it?

The expanses of black really cry out for it.

I know.  But also, I don't want to go back to paint panels that I've already glued on.  I hope that I can come up with transfers at some point...

zcVcpxm.pngReaver family shot.  Corsair maniple Erebus.(With Erebus, Alastor and Moros.)

ByVXhv4.pngWarhound family shot. Lupercal maniple Aiakos (with Aiakos, Mavros Ker and Proioxis)

I am also working on a warlord (Sin Eater) that is basically missing his heraldic shields and few highlights at the moment.

People complain a lot about trim.  I am fine painting trim. It's the pin washing that drives me nuts. 

LsOxveM.png

But the pin washed panels just look so so nice. :happy.: 

L9CWKZI.png

Then I have another reaver in the works (should assemble his legs first...:wacko.: ) and I have an unopened warbringer kit.  After the warlord and those two, this project is done.

Until GW releases corrupted titans that is....  :happy.:

i9FxAOd.png

How to be cheap and make a 'corrupted' titan  dedicated to Tzeench?  Simple, just slap a Silver Tower on top and tell your opponent which FW weapon option it counts as.

Too cheap?  Green stuff is still drying, so obviously it needs some shaping and a lick of pain (plus that magnet on bottom).  What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...

Mordaxis does not have transfers and likely never will have. So what is a man to do?  I like the design, but I think that the weathering is bit too heavy handed.  Next time, lighter touch.... 

4s0pMHn.pngWpvAyO1.png

Virtual cookies to anyone who can recognize all decal sheets used in the process.  Hint: They are all made by GW

• 4 months later...

One more reaver! 
Llm4jfN.png
With this, my Mordaxis force is almost ready!  I only need to finish my warlord and then I am done.  <.< And then I need to find someone to play with.

yjg1KpK.png
If/when GW releases possessed titans, I will do one of them - but no more.

<.< But I do have Legio Metalica transfer sheet. Do I need a third legio?  

• 5 months later...

Well.  More knights!

Lancers.  I bought these guys in 2019 when they came out.  :sweat:

1AR3sTf.png

They rarely look good close up, though.

qiqGGdV.png

But tend to look pretty nice from arm's length

ASlDKt1.png

Also Acherons!  Acherons crossing trenches.

fGUVZGt.png

jVGg4Kx.png

Getting transfers on these guys is such PITA.

cjrj2hf.png