Zhiv does Legio Astorum and Legio Mordaxis.

Zhiv

7KUGxgA.jpg

I am working on building two axiom maniples.  Which means building four reavers.  These two are my first two.  I pray onmissiah that the legs have been built in such a way that the armor plates fit in once I've painted them on sprue.  Also magnetizing the arms is really, really tedious. But I have all the time as I cannot spray paint anything until.... April or so due to the weather.  

-__-  but once I get these guys and their arms sorted I am going to dive into the warhounds and leave the two remaining reavers for the xmas. 

As for the legions, I am going to wait for the titan death (and decals that follow) to see if one of those would catch my fancy.  If not, I am going to do Legio Mortis and Legio Astorum, though temptation to go homebrew is also there.  I was googling for usable decals and found these, which I think would work really well for a self-made legio.  

Edited by Zhiv

Good start and a nice goal.

I'm afraid you built the upper part of the legs of the one on the right with the back in front. The circular vents/exhausts come on the back. This said, maybe not too difficult to hide. And the feet of the one on the left are mixed left to right and vice-versa.

I put a couple visual helps in my project log, based on various experiences (mine and from others) building the reavers' legs. They really seem to be a nightmare.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Good start and a nice goal.

I'm afraid you built the upper part of the legs of the one on the right with the back in front. The circular vents/exhausts come on the back. This said, maybe not too difficult to hide.

I noticed this too late.  That is the one I built first  ._.  However it should not interfere with how the armor plates sit so I can just excuse it as a different version where the leg exhausts are on the other side. The knee armor ought to hide most of them anyway. 

These are definitely not critical mistakes, part of the learning curve. The knee armour will indeed mask a good part of it and if you want you can probably sculpt replacement vents on the back or find some bits. Shouldn't be too much of a problem for the legs' cables neither (they can be lenghtened if need be).

Good luck with your project Zhiv - the Reaver legs are indeed a challenge. In the pic above, I think that the feet of the front Reaver (the one that steps on the cork) are are the wrong way around - left to right and vice versa... unless the pic plays tricks in my eyes. The armour plates for the ankles would be hard to fit...

Good luck with your project Zhiv - the Reaver legs are indeed a challenge. In the pic above, I think that the feet of the front Reaver (the one that steps on the cork) are are the wrong way around - left to right and vice versa... unless the pic plays tricks in my eyes. The armour plates for the ankles would be hard to fit...

<.< :censored: You are right.

I think I am going to file down the toe if the feet don't come up apart easily. And I don't think they will...

Edited by Zhiv

Or as suggested by Chaeron in another post 

Whilst there are feet with a specific intention, cutting across the top to make them flat solves that error!

Much less work and much less chances to break anything. If you want to separate the feet from the legs and used superglue (not too much of it), try putting them into the freezer for a night, then carefully try to separate them. If you feel confident trying of course, not encouraging you to break the model. Or you can simply leave it as it is, looking at the pose I don't think the armour plates would generate any problem. Dry fit them to check.

I’m pretty sure I missed my spray priming window too :sad.:

airbrush and vallejo primers are a must here in the northern wastes of europe. :smile.:

Ha, a fellow Finn. Now I am inclined to not do Mortis. Which means I am going to sit on my deciusion 'till Titandeath comes out.

Also, looking at the painkillers, I feel for your liver...

I am bit uneasy about airbrushing. The thing looks like a nightmare to clean and thinning paints seems to be more science than I want to do. :tongue.:

Plus, I have now matching paints with rattle cans. Going airbrush would require me to get further sets of matching paints...

I also dislike Reaver legs, but that new Reaver kit looks amazing, so I guess I have at least one more set to build.

Your Reaver is looking good, although I get the feeling he isn't a fan of enemy void shields. :p

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

I’m pretty sure I missed my spray priming window too :(

airbrush and vallejo primers are a must here in the northern wastes of europe. :)
Ha, a fellow Finn. Now I am inclined to not do Mortis. Which means I am going to sit on my deciusion 'till Titandeath comes out.Also, looking at the painkillers, I feel for your liver...I am bit uneasy about airbrushing. The thing looks like a nightmare to clean and thinning paints seems to be more science than I want to do. :PPlus, I have now matching paints with rattle cans. Going airbrush would require me to get further sets of matching paints...

Its not the painkillers that damage my liver :) ...and like I said in my own plog not all are mine and Ive been "collecting" those for years.

and yeah, cleaning the airbrush is something I dont like but it is easier and faster now than it was few years ago when I bought it.

still learning how to use it, on larger models it is perfect. also when priming and basecoating lot of marines or other infantry models.

two things I hate most are mold lines a visible brush strokes :)

why wait til titandeath? there are lots of pics of paintschemes for Titan Legios in the internet.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_Legions_(List)

why wait til titandeath? there are lots of pics of paintschemes for Titan Legios in the internet.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_Legions_(List)

Because I want transfers! And chances are that the legio introduced in Titandeath get the sweet sweet transfers from FW. XD

I also dislike Reaver legs, but that new Reaver kit looks amazing, so I guess I have at least one more set to build.

Your Reaver is looking good, although I get the feeling he isn't a fan of enemy void shields. :tongue.:

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks! I also love the new reaver so... .that's be then 5th pair of legs I'll be assembling. Unless that weapon back is also sold separately, which it might not?

The idea (in my head) is that mr. Dakka-reaver will strip the enemy of his shields and then the agile warhounds OR the warlord can try to focus the shieldless victim.

oh, well if you want transfers then you should probably wait, but it can be a long wait...

and those reaver weapons will be released separately early next year (March is still early, right?). Unless gw only meant warlord weapons but I dont think they are stupid enough to allow a repeat of what happened on monday.

Edited by Parweke

I found a new thing to hate about the reaver kit. 

The :cuss  :cuss leg cables.

qrUh75M.png

If the blue angle (angle between knee and thigh) is too close to 90 degrees the red marked :cuss  ho... cables are pain in the :cuss to get in place. 

Even the GW seems to acknowledge this as the Mortis reaver (painted an all!) shown on the backside of the reaver instruction manual is actually missing these  :cuss cables!

Hey, it looks good! :tu:

Although Morris is an excellent choice, waiting for Titandeath May be the wise thing to do. Love the pose on this one and the armament... there is a “Wild West” quality about it! :D

I sure hope the feet of the other Reaver work out.

Depending on the legs positioning you could end up with the cables length being a tad to short. I lengthened them with electric wire.

I think depending on the pose, it may need replacing completely on mine!

This is the sort of thing I tend to either leave off, or put on at the last minute, in any case. 

Hey, it looks good! :thumbsup:

Although Morris is an excellent choice, waiting for Titandeath May be the wise thing to do. Love the pose on this one and the armament... there is a “Wild West” quality about it! :biggrin.:

I sure hope the feet of the other Reaver work out.

Legio Morris whose 'Morris pattern Minor titans' are well known for their economic reactors and affordable price.   Jokes aside, I really really like the fluff behind Imperial Hunters.  A cult dedicated to hunting - arrogant nobles that look down everything else.  Win in my books.  However the color scheme is apparently Christmas tree-esque, with green and red armor plates. ._. 

Also, while I still hate reaver legs... 

XbNmmH7.jpg

I do love warhound legs.  So far.  These two ladies were so so easy to assemble.   Also shown an unsung hero, Tamiya thin cement with plastic brush applicator.  Really really goof for small fiddly parts where getting right amount of plastic glue is hard. 

Damn autocorrect! :angry:

Warhounds are cool indeed... And the Imperial Hunters although green and red, the green is not the forest red, it’s a lighter shade if the WD special on Titans was anything to go by...Not a huge fan personally, but it’s not Christmassy, if that’s your concern. :)

Now that I try to google those images, I see that it's kind of awkward mottled green that looks a bit like WWII fighter camo. I am not horribly opposed to the scheme, but man does it look tedious to paint.  :sweat:    

But we are also getting Defensor and Vulpa unless I am mistaken?  I mean, I am basing my theory on these slides.

FqFKFGv.png

0P6jdKc.png

They contain 5 of the legio we already have transfer and paint scheme for and 5 others that we don't yet have transfer for.   Some of the paint schemes we have, but afaik Vulpa and Defensor don't have one yet...