Zhiv does Legio Astorum and Legio Mordaxis.

Zhiv

Okay let’s talk about this, I just stripped an orange Questoris because it was coming out poorly. Jokero orange is pretty crap, I’d be tempted to use Averland instead of Jokero again. None of the GW oranges looked good over it so I used an expensive little tube of Golden brand orange that, while intense, covered way worse than I expected. I had a hard time getting it smooth even with medium!

What did you end up using? That looks bright and opaque.

3 thin layers of Jokaero Orange, 3 thin layers of Trollslayer Orange and one thin-thin layer of Agrax to blend the blemishes together..  :wacko.:  

Gorgeous colour scheme on that Hyboreas Knight. Would you mind sharing what paints you used for the trim, please? :smile.:

With pleasure!

beYdM4s.png

Vallejo Brassy Brass -> Agrax Earthshade -> Patching up with Vallejo Brassy Brass and highlights with Army Painter Greedy Gold. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

xJ4sSzJ.png

Working on my House Sne'k knights.  I am not entirely happy how the non-black black turned out.  But before this all my blacks have been pretty much matt blacks, so learning process.  Also painting off-whites takes more patience than I really have.  Still probably acceptable for tabletop use. 
oTcrNPw.png
I am starting to get a decent hang on how to do decals so that they look mostly painted.  I need to find some decals for the shield and the loincloth.  Also debating slapping a half-cog on the carapace but undecided if it would look good or not. 

• 2 months later...

OrQcf22.pngI have been learning how to weather titans - and how to blend them with the bases.  The GW technical paints seem to work pretty well here, allowing you to smear your titan's feet with the same basing sludge and dry brushing :censored:  out of the results connection between the legs and the base.  However, I am left wondering what to do with my trenches?   I heard that some people use springs found in ballpoint pen as barbed wire. But this seems too thick to me.  Would the hive mind of the B&C have any ideas on what to do with the trenches?  I mean, I don't think that they look bad as per so, I just wonder if anyone might have any ideas.  

Small boards and planks, poles planted next to the walls, craters, abandoned weapons and crates, infantry, pools at the bottom, piles of earth next to them to show they are recently dug?

Regarding wire, the threaded hobby wire that's available from gamestores is pretty fine. I've got some on my terminators here, coiled around a brush handle:

1048884_sm-.JPG

Alternatively you could take copper from leftover electric cables and make your own.

"Resistite et mordite!" Resist ans bite! My almost finished Mordaxis warhounds 'Mavros Ker' and 'Proioxis'.  

Moving from Astorum to Mordaxis I tried to up my game.  Instead of just painting the trim I also highlighted it.  Similarly armor panels have been highlighted to a degree. I wasn't really sure how I should highlight curved surfaces so a lot of guesswork happened.  Also I tried my hand at weathing and blending the titan's feet into the base.  The effect should be pretty subtle.  Maybe one day I will do a titan wading in water!  Also, still debating on the color of the void shield generators.  Perhaps something sickly green?

XrwkgVm.png

wzlm9P2.png

oKwHNDD.png

su8I9vZ.png

1YgEPaZ.png

F0Q2nTT.png

Looking good!

Will you be adding any transfers?

Thanks!  I will if they ever release them for Mordaxis.

XiBmbqt.png

I also manage to get some work done on the void shield reactors.

I1V6lhT.png

BiofnMy.png

Being color blind makes my life hard.  But I guess the orange offers some contrast?

MTRlLRY.png

All the highlights... ALL the highlights.

vTO0TjM.png

And some work on some bigger titans. 

• 5 months later...