Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Next Reiver completed. 

Axe from Spellcrow with wolf teeth taken from standard SW power-sword.

Wolf pelt clipped from a standard SW torso with some green-stuff work to make the fold at the top. 

Knife has a small wolf skull added to the blade and the pommel was made from a pommel from a standard SW chain-sword.

Used one of the holstered grappling guns with the grapple removed to make a much heavier looking pistol.

Reiver Axe 1 1

Reiver Axe 1 2

Reiver Axe 1 3

Reiver Axe 1 4

Reiver Axe 1 5

Reiver Axe 1 6

You know someones thread is good when it motivates you to go out and convert something.  Thank you  for the spike in motivation. 

This comment made me smile a lot. 

I love kitbashing, I've done it pretty much since I started building airfix planes when I was 7ish, I'd always try and add extra bits (much to the annoyance of my Dad).  Because I don't play any of the games, it allows me to look at each piece as a one-off as I don't have that "got to get this painted for the next battle" pressure that I think most folks have.

Keep modelling, painting and playing folks. :biggrin.:

• 1 month later...
Started work on my 1st Assault Intercessor:

Assault1 1

Assault1 2

Head from Puppetswar

Frost axe from Spellcrow

Belt buckle from the Wulfen kit

Wolf charm necklace around the right knee pad is from a mould taken from the new Ragnar kit.

Rune stones on the Heavy Bolter handle are moulds from some SW kit.

Currently working on another 4 to complete the squad.

Edited by sbarnby71

Love him, Barnby!

You've given me so much hope for how good an army of Wolves will look, using the Assault Intercessors this way. How are you doing your molds for the greenstuff bits?

Also, that head looks a bit like Wolverine, but with shorter hair - love it!

Slow progress on the rest of the assault squad (more on my excuse later).

This guy is based on Dren from the Deathwatch team,

Dren's left arm and knife.

SW head with the Mohawk cut down

Frost Axe from Spellcrow

left shoulder pad from the SW Upgrade Sprue:

Assault2 1

Assault2 2

Wanted a bit of a gun slinger vibe, main adjustment was to use a Heavy Bolt Pistol from the Reivers set and swap that into the left hand.
Head is SW.
Left Shoulder pad is from the SW Upgrade Sprue

Assault3 1

Next up is a smashing onto the scene sideways guns blazing grinning maniac.
Head is from Puppets war.

Assault4 1

Assault4 2

Final dude has a adjusted SW head
Heavy Bolt Pistol has been angled in a slightly gansta style
Axe is from Conversion World

Assault5 1

Assault5 2

Assault5 3

Still need to add more detail, rune stones, wolf tails and that kinda thing.  I'm really liking the Assault poses and I've ended up with more guns that I expected, thought I'd make them all hand to hand maniacs, but I have another 5 to go more medieval on.
Edited by sbarnby71

Love him, Barnby!

You've given me so much hope for how good an army of Wolves will look, using the Assault Intercessors this way. How are you doing your molds for the greenstuff bits?

Also, that head looks a bit like Wolverine, but with shorter hair - love it!

Ah thanks brother!  The moulds are just using the Blue Stuff re-moulding stuff you can get from Green Stuff World.  I just make an initial press mould and don't worry if I end up with extra bits I don't need, make a green stuff bit from it, trim it down to the bits I want, get it as flat as possible and make a 2nd mould and make all my other pieces from that, takes more time, but is easier in the long run.

Yeah he does have a Wolverine look to him, hmmmmm maybe he needs claws instead!!!!

And now for the reason for my slow progress on the Assault Intercessors...

20200805 125601

On Tuesday this week, Ruby a 15 month old female Doberman came to live with us from our local animal shelter.  Due to lock-down in the UK she has been stuck there since March and my girlfriend and I applied to adopt her the moment she was advertised (the process has taken since April).  She's had a pretty crap start to her life, ours being her 3rd home, plus 2 stints in the same animal shelter. 

She was given up because she was too boisterous and barked too much, was not great near other dogs (her previous owners kept her for 3 weeks!).  Well in 3 days she has become the most amazing loyal, well behaved dog I could have ever hoped for, yep she barks maybe 2, 3 times when she hears another dog, she greets strangers with a wagging tail and licks and she's able to be near other dogs on walks (we've gone from maybe 50 meters away to about 5 now).  I'm no animal trainer and I've not owned a dog in my life, we just spent the time doing research into the breed and how to train and took the time to give her the best start we could, in her new home.

On Tuesday this week, Ruby a 15 month old female Doberman came to live with us from our local animal shelter.  Due to lock-down in the UK she has been stuck there since March and my girlfriend and I applied to adopt her the moment she was advertised (the process has taken since April).  She's had a pretty crap start to her life, ours being her 3rd home, plus 2 stints in the same animal shelter. 

She was given up because she was too boisterous and barked too much, was not great near other dogs (her previous owners kept her for 3 weeks!).  Well in 3 days she has become the most amazing loyal, well behaved dog I could have ever hoped for, yep she barks maybe 2, 3 times when she hears another dog, she greets strangers with a wagging tail and licks and she's able to be near other dogs on walks (we've gone from maybe 50 meters away to about 5 now).  I'm no animal trainer and I've not owned a dog in my life, we just spent the time doing research into the breed and how to train and took the time to give her the best start we could, in her new home.

Now we see your intentions !!!! You wanna be a Wolf lord on a Thunberman !!!!! :whistling:

Awesome!  To deal with the barking, just keep a spray bottle of water around.  When she starts up, spray her in the face.  It'll shock and annoy her, but obviously won't hurt her.  Pretty soon, all you'll have to do is grab the bottle and she'll stop.  Works like a charm.

Congratulations on the new doggo!

On Tuesday this week, Ruby a 15 month old female Doberman came to live with us from our local animal shelter. Due to lock-down in the UK she has been stuck there since March and my girlfriend and I applied to adopt her the moment she was advertised (the process has taken since April). She's had a pretty crap start to her life, ours being her 3rd home, plus 2 stints in the same animal shelter.

She was given up because she was too boisterous and barked too much, was not great near other dogs (her previous owners kept her for 3 weeks!). Well in 3 days she has become the most amazing loyal, well behaved dog I could have ever hoped for, yep she barks maybe 2, 3 times when she hears another dog, she greets strangers with a wagging tail and licks and she's able to be near other dogs on walks (we've gone from maybe 50 meters away to about 5 now). I'm no animal trainer and I've not owned a dog in my life, we just spent the time doing research into the breed and how to train and took the time to give her the best start we could, in her new home.

Dogggo!!!

Thanks for the comments and likes for Ruby, she's settling in so well. :biggrin.:

Been able to do a few bits and pieces, here's an update on the shields I got from eBay recently.

First set has had basic paint job and I think they are looking pretty good:

Norse Shields 4

Then I started looking at what else I could use for emblems and cut down some SW backpack totems:

Norse Shields 5

I think the Grey Hunter looks really good, the size fits perfect.

Made some minor adjustments to my Assault Sgt, then update the left Shoulder pad using the Aggressor Pad, but then ended up messing up the runes attached to his pistol, so added a Diamond on a chain taken from the SW Terminators set:

Assault1 3

Added a wolf pelt taken from the SW Upgrade kit, had to shave down the helmet on his belt to allow it to fit and will rebuild any missing bits when it's fixed in place:

Assault1 4

Added a rune from Greenstuff World to the Pistol:

Assault1 5

Edited by sbarnby71

I might have gone a bit over the top with shields now, this was my next idea:

Norse Shields 7

Still using the shields from eBay as the base, then added a way OOP Dwarf Banner Totem thingy.

I plan to remove the main face above the crossed axes and replace with a Ragnar Blackmane decal and I think remove the wings as they are a bit too Vikingy, at least then you'll be able see some of the shield.