Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Barners SW Primaris Progress

space wolves Primaris

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

As usual I'm procrastinating by looking for more close combat weapons instead of finishing up my current painting projects, but I had to share this with you folks:

https://www.ebay.co....3IAAOSw2gBfvl1s

That's 10 axes for £4.99 on eBay including P&P - now I love Pop Goes the Monkey and what he does, but this is such a bargain, ok they are chaos, but I don't mind that, once I clean of the Chaos arrow from the head and add a wolf skull, they will look awesome.

Took some pics for size comparison the eBay axe has had a wash applied to show the detail (from left to right)

• Axe from eBay
  • OOP Chaos axe, must be 30+ years old!
  • SM Close Combat axe
  • OOP SW Axe

Ebay Axe 1

Ebay Axe 2

I think the seller also does bigger axes, so they would be double handed.

Edited by sbarnby71, 03 February 2021 - 11:32 AM.

• HvitrValdyr and ranulf the revenant like this

Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to be here

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts

Not done any updates for a while as I moved house a month ago and have no hobby room (yet), but have been working with a guy on ebay for getting some custom pieces for the Rout, main focus at the moment is for Shields with generic SW symbols, Blood Claw and Grey Hunters.  Hoping to have some images soon. 

But what he has done is created handles in hands, basically I have so many Wulfen axes, but don't want Wulfen hands, don't want to clean them off or faff around, so he created axe handles in hands with a hole at the top so you can pin an axe head easily, but also a hole at the bottom with an extension bit so you can have a longer handle.  I've not got any of them yet, but the images look great so I'm well pleased, go check them out here:

https://www.ebay.co....mm/154406193353

• infyrana and HvitrValdyr like this

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,791 posts

@sbarnby71 that's a really nice idea - something a lot of us have probably wanted at some point.  I printed off a couple of axes in 3D resin, but the designers don't really account for how thin and fragile / brittle they turn out when in resin.

Was the ebay guy easy to work with in your request for these?  I wondered if they would do the same for breacher shield arms etc!

gallery_51316_15965_6348.pnggallery_51316_15965_21147.png

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts

Yep the guy was super helpful, just dropped a message saying what kinda thing I was looking for, couple of images and threw around some ideas.  I guess the trick is coming up with something that a few people would want so it's worth his time designing it.

• infyrana likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space wolves, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users