Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Finished up my Super Hero Landing pose. Can't get the knee totally on the ground, but did some more research and not every superhero lands on their knee (as Deadpool said "it's really hard on your knees, totally impractical"), so it's good enough.

gallery_86970_14901_229768.jpg

I did straighten out the power first and re-did the armoured joint, the re-did the rest of the joints in the legs, not prefect but once painted it should be fine.

Extra parts rundown:

SW Terminator Shoulder pads left and right

Reiver Grenades added to left shoulder pad

Wolf tooth necklace added to chest

Extra pouches added to the belt to hide some of the joints

Wolf pelt add to the waist

Big old hammer in the right hand (will adjust the angle later, it's so heavy even though it is pinned and held with blu-tack it keeps swiveling)

gallery_86970_14901_292719.jpg

gallery_86970_14901_1512150.jpg

gallery_86970_14901_146509.jpg

gallery_86970_14901_998349.jpg

Next was the jump pack, this is from the Sanuinary Guard, with two Orc skulls added to the stabilizer jets:

gallery_86970_14901_183815.jpg

gallery_86970_14901_849676.jpg

This model is going to be epic and have its own saga.

One day in the future when it is being shared on the internet I will be proud to have witnessed the beginning.

Keep up the amazing work.

Ork skulls are impractical as rocket/jet exhaust nozzles, but DAMN do they look cool. Will you add a lascannon muzzle atop the thunder hammer- say it's a relic weapon, like the Minotaurs Chapter Master's Black Spear- so he has a ranged weapon?

The ork skulls came about with me playing around with putting a trophy skull on the jetpack top, which then became human skulls as the nozzles, which then led to the ork skulls.  Glad you like em'! 

I was toying with the idea of some sort of ranged weapon, did think of a pistol or a Wulfen frag cannon, but I like the idea of him just being a close combat juggernaut, his load-out in that crouched pose makes him look really bulky and I just imagine him just smashing through his enemies and crushing them under hammer, fist and foot.

This model is going to be epic and have its own saga.

One day in the future when it is being shared on the internet I will be proud to have witnessed the beginning.

Keep up the amazing work.

Wow that is high praise indeed!  The plan is he will be smashing stone with his powerfist as he landed.

I wanted to start painting my superhero landing guy but didn't want to break out the airbrush just for one mini, so I started playing around with a few other poses (I have a causal sniper and Smash Hammer guy coming), but I had one Assault body and legs left over and I've spent days and days trying different weapons, etc and I just don't like the pose, so I was just about to bin him off and thought, another archer might work which got me to the idea of trying to doing more superheros. So my superhero landing guy is a bit of a Thor/Ironman mix, with that in mind I present Hawkeye:

med_gallery_86970_14901_752939.jpg

med_gallery_86970_14901_1020289.jpg

med_gallery_86970_14901_866276.jpg

Parts run-down:

Assault Intercessor Body, pistol holster removed

Wulfen Backpack

Stormcast Eternal Bow with new hand and handle

Head from Puppetswar

GreenStuff Wolf Pelt

SW Wolf tail added to belt

Belt Gem, both hands and wolf tooth necklace from Dynamic Print Studio (eBay)

Left Shoulder pad, from SW kit

Right Shoulder Pad Scaled pad from 3dresinprints (eBay)

So my superhero landing guy is a bit of a Thor/Ironman mix, with that in mind I present Hawkeye:

The hooded skull makes him look more like Taskmaster, who's able to instantly observe, learn via imitation, and then counter others' fighting styles, to a degree.

Parts run-down:

Assault Intercessor Body, pistol holster removed

Wulfen Backpack

Stormcast Eternal Bow with new hand and handle

Head from Puppetswar

GreenStuff Wolf Pelt

SW Wolf tail added to belt

Belt Gem, both hands and wolf tooth necklace from Dynamic Print Studio (eBay)

Left Shoulder pad, from SW kit

Right Shoulder Pad Scaled pad from 3dresinprints (eBay)

Thank you for the info. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...

Slowly getting my current pieces painted up, but as always I've started mucking around with other things.  I've being trying out almost all wolf helmets you can get and don't really like any of them, best so far are from Zinge Industries.  Then I realised I don't want wolf helmets, I want wolf masks, so I recently had a load of wolf skulls 3d printed and I checked that the skull eye holes match up to the eyes on Marine, a bit of Dremel work and a few bits of green stuff and I think I've got what I'm after:

Masks 1

Masks 2

Masks 3

Edited by sbarnby71

Painted up my wolf-masks, still not 100% set on them but I can see me using them.  I am thinking of adding a ball-bearing in one eye socket for a bionic.

Masks 4

Masks 5

Masks 6

Masks 7

I can see them being used on very tribal characters, possibly Rune Priests.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished my Wulfen Lord in Terminator Armour.  Really missed painting Terminator Armour.  Anyway, nothing too ground-breaking, added a Dwarf Hammer as a totem to his armour and ground-down an old genestealer to add to the base at his feat.  Think the head really works well with the hulking look of the armour.

Wulfen Lord1 2

Wulfen Lord1 3

Wulfen Lord1 4

Wulfen Lord1 5

• 2 weeks later...

Had an idea I wanted to create some Shield Maidens after I saw the AoS Praetors.

Started off with the leader looking character:

Maiden1 1

Replaced the brooch with a Wulfen one.
Long Knife arm replaced with Shield from Maximum Minis.
Removed the scale armour around the loins.
Removed the oath paper from the right hip.
Lion Head removed from right knee.
Trimmed the tassels from the rope and added a Wolf Tail and a Wolf Tooth. 
Halberd axe head replaced with Frost Sword from Spellcrow.
Head swap with a AoS Sequitor.

Maiden1 2

Maiden1 3

Will most likely add some fur to the neck-line of the back of the cape.

Just need to figure a colour scheme for her, want to keep some parts to tie in with my Wolves, but need her to stand out on her own.  Any suggestions?

Got the weapons sorted for the 2 other Maidens:

Maidens1

On the left:
Hammer head from eBay seller 3dresinprints
Head from Statuesque Miniatures
On the right:
Wulfen axe head
Head from the Sisters of Silence

Removed the scale armour from the groin areas, need to add some wolf bits and bobs. 

I think I'm going to shorten the hammer handle as it looks too long and would be cumbersome to wield based on where her hands are.  And my pet hate on power melee weapons, why do you need a power cable that comes out of the handle and goes into the head?  Why can't the power run through the handle, that way if someone cuts the cable in a fight, you don't have to go "oh hang on, my power weapon is broken, give me a minute to get another one"

Added furs to the main girl:

Maiden1 4

Maiden1 5

Maiden1 6

Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...

Past couple of weeks have been tough, my Doberman Ruby was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and has had to go through chemo, steroids, anti-biotics, and a lot of other drugs, had to be force feed, the list goes on and almost 2 weeks staying at the vets.  But on Friday, we were allowed to bring her home and she's had a good weekend (eating, no more being sick, her tail is back up and curled), so hopefully on the road to recovery, but it's a disorder that will never go away, but can hopefully be managed with a reduced set of drugs over time. 

Been trying to keep my mind off things by doing some bits and bobs (I know I can't work on my main projects as the focus ain't there right now), so this is my new close combat dude:

Annihilator1 1

Annihilator1 2

Annihilator1 3

Mostly an AoS Annihilator

Remove the scale armour at the loin

Added a wolf pelt and 2 wolf tails (I think the 2nd one was too much)

Hammer is from ebay

Shield has a Wolf head added

Left shoulder brooch was cleaned off and SW Termie honours thing added

Pistol and ammo pouches added at the back.

Going to add some vents and cable on the back to give him an inbuilt power supply.  He appealed to me because of the bear breast-plate, so he will be "bear - something-or-other".

Sorry about your, Dobey. Lovely, compassionate dogs but they do have more than their share of issues when they get on. My sister's dobey was on chemo for leukaemia for quite some time and treatment prolonged her life a couple of years. Show her lots of love and keep her comfortable. :) Edited by Wispy