Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Some promising news for Ruby, the condition she has is where her immune system destroys the platelets in her blood, so at her worst point she had none and then started bleeding from her nose.  All the meds she's been on are to suppress the immune systems response and they were making her so ill.  On her new meds she's recovering and her platelet count has held at over 175,000 and the vets say she is out of danger and only needs monthly check-ups and hopefully next month her steroid dosage can be halved and fingers crossed next year her other meds can be reduced.  We are currently looking at about £53 a week for her meds, ouch!

Thanks folks for your best wishes.

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year folks!

Ruby is making great progress, no relapses and her weight is back to normal and she is just about back to ThunderWolf speed when she chases birds!  Have an appointment with the vets tonight for latest check-up and hopefully we should see another reduction in her medication.

Well I have made zero progress on any of my Wolves, but we do have a new addition to our pack.  Kobe is another rescue Doberman, he is 8 months old and already 31.5 kilos.  He is gonna get so big!

Kobe is on the right

Ruby & Kobe

He seems to think he is cat as in the evenings he just sits bolt upright on your lap, shattering your bones in the process.
Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally some progress...

Our female Doberman Ruby was taken off one of her meds about 3 weeks ago and we are hoping in a few months she should be off all meds, so fingers crossed she stays healthy.

Last week started on my Primaris pieces again and finished my Assassin this morning.  I'm not 100% happy with his cloak, I re-painted it 4 times and then my final go I ended up with a vanish coat that didn't set properly so I lost a lot of detail before I applied my thinned Contrast paint.  Not much I can do with the cloak now, but I'm still really happy with the pose:

large.Assassin1-8.jpg.62f3b4a81d49351170d1da5ef19e76fe.jpglarge.Assassin1-9.jpg.4b5b104b8b5ff58226cb03868ec49483.jpglarge.Assassin1-10.jpg.21f15b2481e41c240e6991a7aa9e8c38.jpglarge.Assassin1-12.jpg.3a2f1112a125cf3e6f148013185fa86a.jpglarge.Assassin1-13.jpg.b89d3bebdbadd3468063c42e12fdb2aa.jpglarge.Assassin1-14.jpg.98a908e220f3ee2bb3af6c4dc07e0812.jpg

large.Assassin1-11.jpg.6ff6c2bd9eb9cb9579680ecf81694bb2.jpg

Edited by sbarnby71

Love the running Wulfen (maybe not, but that’s the head that was used) - he looks great.  My only nitpick, and it really is a nit, would be that the balancing element at the end of the haft and the spearhead aren’t in alignment, so it looks like he hit something so hard with it at one point, it actually twisted the head of the spear.  You did a great job on this guy, the colors look awesome, he has just the right amount of bits to Wolf him up, and I really like the decals you’ve chosen for him as well.  Awesome stuff!

20 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Love the running Wulfen (maybe not, but that’s the head that was used) - he looks great.  My only nitpick, and it really is a nit, would be that the balancing element at the end of the haft and the spearhead aren’t in alignment, so it looks like he hit something so hard with it at one point, it actually twisted the head of the spear.  You did a great job on this guy, the colors look awesome, he has just the right amount of bits to Wolf him up, and I really like the decals you’ve chosen for him as well.  Awesome stuff!

Ah thank you! Yeah I don't really do troop types so I just use whatever bits look alright to me.

Yeah the spear head, so the reason it's out of alignment was it made of 3 bits and the pin holes between the head and his hand were slightly out so the spear ended up pointing up or down at an angle, so I had to twist it until it looked straight but it's not as aligned as I'd like.

On the colours I've finally got a shade that I like and it quite quick so I can spend more time doing the trim which is more fun.

Archer finished, changed the backpack from the Wulfen as he trophy rack would get in the way of the quiver.  But in reality it's so far back that he'd not be able to reach any arrows anyway, but I'm sticking with it looks good (to me) so I'm happy and added Wolf Skulls to the bow:

Archer1-4.jpg

Archer1-5.jpg

Archer1-6.jpg

Archer1-7.jpg

Archer1-8.jpg

Archer1-9.jpg

Archer1-10.jpg

49 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Would make an excellent hound of morkai

I did those couple of pieces a few years back in the Dark Grey armour, 2 of them armed with bows, I called them Shadow Hunters at the time and then the Hound came a long.

Started working on an Outrider (going to have to come up with a better name than that) and was toying with the idea of adding the Norse Blood Bowl marker on the back of the bike.  I would cut it down so it's not jutting out like in this pic, but was not 100% on it as it feels too Raven Wing.  Thoughts?

Outrider1-1.jpg

I love the mounted boat figurehead - doesn’t bother me any being on the back of the bike.  The Ravenwing doesn’t get to monopolize that location.  LOL

I am wondering what it would look like trimmed down and mounted at the front, more like a prow figurehead - don’t know if it would end up restricting the driver’s view though.

1 hour ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I love the mounted boat figurehead - doesn’t bother me any being on the back of the bike.  The Ravenwing doesn’t get to monopolize that location.  LOL

I am wondering what it would look like trimmed down and mounted at the front, more like a prow figurehead - don’t know if it would end up restricting the driver’s view though.

I tried it mounted at the front and I think it would only work if I removed the bolters and ended up with a very small bit left or it just plain blocks the riders view.

I was actually thinking you’d probably have to trim the neck about between the 5th and 6th spines (or maybe 6 to 7) from the nose and mount that smaller piece more flatly on the front fender area between the bolters.

Ok, I've committed to the angle now.  But I did just buy another pair from eBay so I can do all 3 riders with the same ram on the front.  Put the rider back on with head and it sort of gets in the way, but if you are just running down xenos and heretic, who cares if you can see!

Outrider1-6.jpg

Where you have it looks like it clears just fine anyway (not to mention, they probably have sensor/camera feeds as well that can show them more on the battlefield).  Cheers, it looks fantastic!

(Another idea to swipe… :biggrin:)

Edited by Bryan Blaire