Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Tooled-up:

Reiver Pack Master 1 5

Reiver Pack Master 1 4

Reiver Pack Master 1 3

Reiver Pack Master 1 2

Thunder-Hammer from the Deathwatch Kill-Team with wolf skulls added, swapped out the pommel for one from the SW Power Sword.
Removed the halo/sun rays from the left elbow pad and left the skull intact.
A few tokens and fetishes on the wolf pelt (sorry picture quality ain't so great from the back).
Added a frag auto launcher from the Wulfen (not 100% sure on keeping that on or not, looks a bit too big, but might use a Wulfen backpack).
Next will be finding the right head for him.

Decided on the head (Blood Angels, Don't know why but I keep getting drawn to these heads) and then I started to think a MASSIVE Hammer and Frag Launcher weren't enough, so started to cut down some Wulfen Frost Claws - not sure if they will stay:

Reiver Pack Master 1 6

Reiver Pack Master 1 7

Shoulder pad is from the SW Upgrade pack, this might change this as it looks a bit too high command.

Thanks for looking.

Been wanting to make a ice spear or something similar for a while now and when I saw the new Haarken Worldclaimer I thought I'd get started.

First I used the handle from the Heavy Thunder Hammer from the Death Watch Kill Team set and the flag pole from the old Chaos Warriors set:

Spear1

Bit of chopping and pining and then I was going to make a harpoon head to keep with the Fernis seafarers theme, but found this ice/stone sword from Spellcrow I had, so clipped the handle off to use the blade, then used the pommel to finish off the spear haft:

Spear2

Then posed this up with my Reiver Pack Master, it still needs to filling and the blade gluing in place as I want to get the angle of the head right once it's in the final position:

Spear3

It won't be used on this model, but I wanted to get an idea of the pose.

Edited by sbarnby71

• 1 month later...

Lookin' good! Cool idea for the subtle base too. Whats next on deck?

Ah thanks man.  I'd already painted the axe and thought it would look good to tie it in with the base as though the axe was made from the same rock and he was walking on Fenris or another outpost world of the wolves, so added the wolf head icon (it was going to be painted as though it was ice, but I went for the stone idea in the end). 

Next up I need to finish the other 2 Primaris guys from earlier in the thread (jump pack Haldor and the Reiver with the Heavy Thunder-Hammer).  I'm trying to be more strict this year with my build it paint it, not just build it, paint it a bit and then build something else shiny.  So far I'm sticking to it, but geez it's hard.  Progress will be slow over the next month as I'm off to Japan this week for 3 weeks and then no doubt I will fill my suitcase with all kinds of weird models and robots and then I'll be hooked on Gundam robots and all my Wolves will have wings!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update as I've not got much done over the past month due to my trip to Japan.

Almost finished my 2nd Battle Leader - ended up with a slight bend in the arm holding the shield which is annoying but I'm hoping it won't look too odd:

Battle Leader 2 16

Battle Leader 2 17

Battle Leader 2 18

Still undecided on the head for this guy, playing around with Reiver heads and also working on a Reiver with a top-knot as an option.

FWIW I don't see any awkwardness in the arms even having had you say something. I dig the red for the icon on the shield too. Im with you though where the reiver head needs......something.

Topknot as you say or longer hair, I'm not sure. May fix itself though when the backpack goes on though. Good stuff my dude.

Tried out some different head options, first up was the Reiver with a topknot, then a Stormcast, Deathwatch SW, then a re-breather option. 2 Legio Custodes, etc

Battle Leader 2 19

Battle Leader 2 20

Battle Leader 2 21

Battle Leader 2 22

Battle Leader 2 23

Battle Leader 2 24

Battle Leader 2 25

Battle Leader 2 26

Battle Leader 2 27

Topknots were clipped off the Sisters of Silence models (see I'm inclusive :rolleyes:)
Edited by sbarnby71

I went with the Stormcast head...  Hollowed out a SM helmet to get the collar needed and then added it, but I didn't dry fit the head in the collar (only without it) and you can see, the hair causes issue with the jump pack, so I can't angle the head in the right direction!

Battle Leader 2 27

Battle Leader 2 28

So I went back to the Reiver head with the top-knot and once painted up I think it works. So here he is complete with base:

Battle Leader 2 29

Battle Leader 2 30

Battle Leader 2 31

Wanted a pose of him running into a jump/take-off

Quick pic from behind:

Battle Leader 2 34

Edited by sbarnby71

Shame about the stormcast head but that happens. Hopefully you can use it elsewhere. 

@Bjorn It's not "that" far fetched of an idea, but I see what you mean. A lot of the heresy era marines had them across multiple legions so I could see some still doing it. Plus it could always be something from his days as a fenrisian mortal, like a specific tribe that wore their hair like that to denote a certain position or place within the tribe. Or, rule of cool, and in this case, it looks cool :wink:

Thanks brothers, the head was a compromise (you can see I went through quite a few options), but I still feel it works, gives the aggressive nature I wanted here and top-knots are mentioned in pre-Hersey text of the Wolves and to me different tribes of Fenris would have different hair styles/clothing as an entire planet would not just produce identical looking faces and hair (unlike the Blood Angels).

I have a 3rd Haldor model to work on soon, so maybe the Stormcast of Custodes head will make it on that one - I tend not to go for helmets.

Finished my Reiver Pack Master, so created a base for him, this was made using a mould from a Chess Piece my girlfriend has:

Reiver Pack Master 1 8

Here he is painted up and based:

Reiver Pack Master 1 9

Reiver Pack Master 1 10

Reiver Pack Master 1 11

Still undecided on giving him a Wulfen frost claw on his left hand, will see how he looks over the next few days on the shelf.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by sbarnby71

The thunder hammer wielder and his base look great! As for his left hand, frost claws will get in the way when he wields the hammer. Best give him a shield; or a pistol with a chain linking its butt to the Space Wolf's shoulder (see lanyards used with real world pistols for reference), so he can lay down suppressive fire as he charges forth to bring the enemy within reach of his hammer, the lanyard preventing him from losing the pistol when he releases it so he can wield the hammer with both hands.