Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Your "counts as Kor'sarro Khan" looks most promising. Have you given him a name? If not, may I suggest "Batu Goldeneyes," after the Khan who conquered Russia (lands the Vikings ruled over) and established the Golden Horde?

I'd not named him yet, but I like your idea, maybe some kind of link with the white scars, maybe him falcon/raven could have been a gift.

Lovely thread! So many cool models. I got some great idea just looking and started to look for bitz right off. Nice inspiration, thanks! :smile.:

Will follow with great interest..

Thanks brother, glad you like them and hope it gives you some ideas too. :yes:

Didn't like the connection to the chain at the end of the spear, so I went back and added a pommel to thread the chain into:

Also changed how the chain was connected to the horn on the saddle.

I admire the efforts you made. Is the chain merely so the Thunderwolf Rider won't lose his weapon, or is it because the "spear" is actually a harpoon?

Didn't like the connection to the chain at the end of the spear, so I went back and added a pommel to thread the chain into:

I admire the efforts you made. Is the chain merely so the Thunderwolf Rider won't lose his weapon, or is it because the "spear" is actually a harpoon?

I think I get a little obsessed! Yeah so it's meant to be a harpoon, so drag them in and smash them over the head with the shield!

I think I get a little obsessed! Yeah so it's meant to be a harpoon, so drag them in and smash them over the head with the shield!
This is for enemies he must capture for interrogation, right? For the rest, he should use a weapon that kills quickly, allowing him to destroy more of the Allfather's enemies in the time available.

This is for enemies he must capture for interrogation, right? For the rest, he should use a weapon that kills quickly, allowing him to destroy more of the Allfather's enemies in the time available.

My back story for him was the last of a unit sent to hunt down Chaos SMs, so his weapons are scavenged or made and the war beast is native to the planet, so he roams the world hunting down the last few Heritics while he waits for a patrol to come and take him back to the Fang.  So the harpoon allows him to kill and then drag the bodies to him so he can scavenge any un-tainted supplies.

Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...

Brother, I wish I had more likes to give you. Your conversions are amazing and your painting complements them so well. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Brother, I wish I had more likes to give you. Your conversions are amazing and your painting complements them so well. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Awww shucks. :blush.: But thanks brother, I just do what I love doing which is chopping and changing anything I see in plastic (my Dad used to comment that when I made airfix planes as a kid I would add all the extra bomb options).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling my Warlord on Warbeast 99% complete, he's off to live in my display cabinet but give it a month or so and I'll start adding some of the extra bits and bobs I had in mind, like sacks of supplies, the massive axe, the out of ammo Storm Bolter, etc.  But for now, here he is (before I go away for a holiday):

Warlord1 41

Warlord1 42

Warlord1 43

Warlord1 44

Never done a battle worn piece before, always painted my armour in pristine condition, not sure I've nailed it, but hey it's all a learning process.  Anyway hope you like him.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing my normal procrastinating instead of finishing painting up my Master of the Hunt and put this guy together:

Gunslinger1 2

Gunslinger1 1

Really like how tiny the bolt pistol looks compared to the Power Fist, makes him seem even bulkier in his armour.  I did have an Aggressor Shoulder pad on the left, but I'm thinking I might even just go with it bare TDA shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the new Dwarf Runes from Green Stuff World and wanted to do a size comparison against the ones from Secret Weapon:

Runes

They are a bit bigger but they are all pre-cut (the amount of Runes I've lost whilst trying to cut them from the sprue, ping and off it flies to never be seen again), so for me the pre-cut is a massive win and you get soooo many runes in the container.