Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

Very cool! He looks wicked and really like that spear. The darkened armor is very nice too!

Anything behind the "Shadow Hunter" name? I couldn't find anything, but it's an interesting moniker.

I wanted a unit that went into the Dark places, that would hunt down the prey that stalks the shadows, the boogey-man, the troll... so I came up with Shadow Hunters.

Almost finished my gunslinger, tried another method of trying to get the baby blue I love using contrast paints like a pin wash.  But now he is almost finished I'm not sure if the Icon/Totem on his power-pack is too much?

Gunslinger1 4

Gunslinger1 5

Gunslinger1 6

Also noticed I changed the angle of his head when I glued it, so may have to break it off and do that again.  Just need to finish the left side Wulfen shoulder-pad an base him.

Man thats a nice mini.... I so need to learn how to sculpt fur...

Thanks!  The fur was made from a press-mould made with Blu-Stuff taken from the fur pelts made by Spellcrow, it's a nice little cheat. :happy.:

Spellcrow ones are out of stock atm :(..  I did message them but they arent great at replying.

Man thats a nice mini.... I so need to learn how to sculpt fur...

Thanks!  The fur was made from a press-mould made with Blu-Stuff taken from the fur pelts made by Spellcrow, it's a nice little cheat. :happy.:

Spellcrow ones are out of stock atm :sad.:..  I did message them but they arent great at replying.

Another option would be if you have any Thunder Wolves or even Fenrisian Wolves, you could take a press-mould from the best bits of the fur, then just play around with bits you get that way, I do that a lot, if I see any fur that looks good, I grab a mould from it.  Another option is Green Stuff World has a Fur Pad or Mould that allows you to make fur, it's not the best fur as it's just too uniform in pattern for my taste, but it can be great for make small bits to cover dodgy conversions.  Hope you get something.

Edited by sbarnby71

Gunslinger is complete:

Gunslinger1 7

Gunslinger1 8

Gunslinger1 9

Gunslinger1 10

Gunslinger1 11

Gunslinger1 12

When I first put him together his power fist reminded me of the Rick and Morty episode where Morty gets a muscle-memory arm. :biggrin.:

I'm really pleased with the way the colour has come out on this one, shame my normal blue rune is not popping against the yellow of the shoulder-pad.

Hope you like.

• 3 weeks later...
Not made much progress with my Primaris as I've been re-basing some of my older display models and then adding some targeting servos to my Long Fangs, but I finally got round to finishing this guy (can't find him in this thread, but I'm sure I've posted pics before):

Reiver Axe 1

Reiver Axe 2

Reiver Axe 3

Reiver Axe 3

Reiver Axe 4

Reiver Axe 5

Reiver Axe 6

Reiver Axe 7

Reiver Axe 8

Reiver Axe 9

Edited by sbarnby71

Nice! Looks great - where is that Axe from? I'm also curious - what are you planning on running this guy as?

Thanks!  The axe comes from the GW Chaos Bestigors set, only needed a little bit of adjustment to fit the Reiver body.  I don't actually play any games so I just build for fun, so mostly my pieces don't really fit into any valid unit type.

Edited by sbarnby71

Good job. Will you name the axe wielder "Grimnar's Headsman, Executioner and Executor of the High King's Will, the Blade that Cleaves Skulls in the Shadows" (the last referring to the fact his bare arms look more appropriate for a Wolf Scout)?

Oh man I like that name, that is awesome!  But I do think it suits the other piece I'm working on using the new Chaos Warriors kit.  So what I'm thinking this guy is the young Wolf Scout, who then raises up to be "Grimnar's Headsman":

Reiver Axe 8

Headsman 1 3

Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...

Grimnar's Headsman is finished:

Headsman 1 7

Headsman 1 8

Headsman 1 9

Headsman 1 10

Headsman 1 11

Not sure if it comes out properly in the pictures, but I tried to make it look like the chopped-off head has it's tongue hanging-out (everyone's tongue hangs out when they are dead, true fact :yes: ).

Good job. Is that a severed Dark Eldar/Drukhari head he holds, or that of a foul mutant (Chaos or Genestealer cultist)?

I was thinking the head came from some Chaos scum, thought maybe a Nightlord as his skin is so pale.  I did trim his pointy ear down a bit as he looked to Elfish to start with.

Fantastic thread brother!

Some truly unique stuff going on here. That Terminator riding the beast with the various hunting weapons is superb!

Great to see you still doing all this. What happened to your massive terminator wolf lord with the thunder hammer?