Night Lords Company colours and inner legion organizations

SchultzChaos

Hello heresites!

My VIII Legion army is growing and growing, focusing on the combined force of the 12th and 13th Terror Companies together with the remnants of the 56th Assault Company as they head for Terra. Now I've been meaning to remodel my Veterans and started to think a bit about their background. I would like to imagine the veterans attached to my force as an highly elite combat unit coming from the 1st Company. I know the Atramentar formally is the 1st Company, but then again the Sons of Horus legion's first company is not only justaerin terminators, but also reavers. 

So, my question would be how would a veteran group within the VIII 1st legion look like? What would their identity be? What would their symbols be and their colours? Any advice?

And what other inner legion organizations do exist within the VIII? Right now their is not that much information on the inner legion mechanics.

Yeah, I know. It can be a blessing and a curse that there is such an absence of information. In one way it makes things quite unclear and frustrating, and in one way it gives room for a lot of creativity and headcanon. 

I would like to make space somewhere within the legion for a combat unit with experience in fighting together with the Sons of Horus and taking pride in the Warmaster's cause. The Night Lords are regulary presented filled with self-interest and apathy/nihilism towards the other legions and the traitors' cause. I would love to see other perspectives of them. Talos changes towards this more idealistic view at the end of the Night Lords trilogy, but I would rather see it already in some of the VIII before the Siege of Terra (And for some reason I can't stand 'the Painted Count' where this is kinda touched upon, its conclusion was so... meh?).

Archived