Adeptus Custodes - Recommended Reads!

Fortunatus

Greetings everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum albeit I've been lurking around for a while.

I'm going to be embarking on my Adeptus Custodes journey very soon, hoping to get some serious hobby time in over Christmas.

As I'm going to be getting into this army I'd like to have some reading or listening material to really immerse myself in the background and the lore - therefore what would you recommend for the newly anointed Custodes fan?

Off the top of my head here are the books discussing the Custodes, unsure about short stories as I don't pick up many of those unless they're in an Anthology.

Master of mankind

The Emperors Legion 

The Carrion Throne (Have not read this one yet but from what I've seen from the BL section of B@C this is more Inquisition on Terra with a Custodian side character, though the Custodian does appear again in The emperors legion)

As others have said, I cannot recommend Master of Mankind enough. It' just SO good. SO, SO GOOD.

Emperor's Legion is great for getting a feel for the role of the Custodes at the dawn of 8th ed (and by extension the Sisters of Silence). Lots of great stuff about the High Lords too.

Theres a new Novella too, Auric Gods. I've not read it yet but again it's Custodes in a relevant 40k setting so will no doubt have some good stuff.

I did love master of mankind but as I close in in the second half of Emperors Legion it may be even better. Can’t lose with either one.

I just picked up Auric Brothers at GW yesterday, I’ll let you know.

Surprisingly my Amazon book order rolled in today, so I started reading Master of Mankind. Enjoying it so far.

I started listening to master of manknd on Saturday, I’m about half way through I think and it’s one of the most insightful books I have ever heard/read.

I love audiobooks, I just can't stomach the £29.99 GW wants for them - it's just too much.

I get mine on iBooks (the iPad/phone one) they are £11 usually. I don’t know why there is such a big price difference.

Archived