Let's Play Stupid: Land Raider Excelsior

Kallas

Better yet, Wolf Lord dual wielding Frost Fury and the Combi-Plasma haha.

LOL, can you actually do that? I don't have codex with me right now. If it really can be done, then we may finally have a reason to use the stupid Helm of Durfast to reroll all failed hits, though kinda redundant considering Wolf Lords already reroll ones to hit.

can anyone dual wield combi weapons though, now that's an interesting question. Off the top of my head, I don't think so, I know we can put nearly any MELEE weapon in either hand of characters and Wolf Guard, not sure about other units.

Anything stopping you just sticking the helm on the LRE and taking every weapon option it has? (couldnt remember if it was infantry only etc)

if you stay within 24" of the rhino you'd then be hitting on 2s (worst 4s after degrade), rerolling hits and ignoring cover with:

2x twin LC

Gravcannon

Multimelta

Storm Bolter

Combi plasma

Just do not overcharge the plasma as index still says it removes the whole model if it overheats!

Probably gonna draw a lot of fire however :D :D

Anything stopping you just sticking the helm on the LRE and taking every weapon option it has? (couldnt remember if it was infantry only etc)

if you stay within 24" of the rhino you'd then be hitting on 2s (worst 4s after degrade), rerolling hits and ignoring cover with:

2x twin LC

Gravcannon

Multimelta

Storm Bolter

Combi plasma

Just do not overcharge the plasma as index still says it removes the whole model if it overheats!

Probably gonna draw a lot of fire however :biggrin.::biggrin.:

If you're pairing it with a Rhino Primaris (and running Space Wolves), then it can hit on 2s, guaranteed, even fully degraded!

Degraded down to BS4+; +1 from Rhino Primaris proximity (LRE rule); +1 from Rhino Primaris Servo-Skull Hub; Keen Senses to ignore all negative modifiers!

So the Helm of Durfast is really irrelevant, as it's already packing its own reroll 1s aura.

The Space Wolf LRE is truly the pinnacle of Land Raider technology :teehee:

2x twin LC

Gravcannon

Multimelta

Storm Bolter

Combi plasma

Probably gonna draw a lot of fire however :biggrin.::biggrin.:

If you're pairing it with a Rhino Primaris (and running Space Wolves), then it can hit on 2s, guaranteed, even fully degraded!

Degraded down to BS4+; +1 from Rhino Primaris proximity (LRE rule); +1 from Rhino Primaris Servo-Skull Hub; Keen Senses to ignore all negative modifiers!

So the Helm of Durfast is really irrelevant, as it's already packing its own reroll 1s aura.

The Space Wolf LRE is truly the pinnacle of Land Raider technology :teehee:

Ah fair enough then, had totally missed it had reroll 1s already.

In that case. Frostfury for rule of cool every time.

The LRE model itself represents the combi-plasma by having a tank captain holding it. No reason why you couldn't give him a Storm bolter in his other hand to represent Frost Fury. The model is abstract anyways in 8th now and all weapon ranges are measured from the hull.

The LRE model itself represents the combi-plasma by having a tank captain holding it. No reason why you couldn't give him a Storm bolter in his other hand to represent Frost Fury. The model is abstract anyways in 8th now and all weapon ranges are measured from the hull.

Land raiders have two hatches, so it could be another guy with the weapon.

I bring up the extra hatch because this is how you added a storm bolter to a LRC which has a pintle multimelta. there are 2 hatches on a LR chassis.

Archived