Positioning objectives with DG

Zombs

Hello!

Since I'm new to DG I'm having some problems adapting to their slow, but relentless playstyle. In particolar, since I don't use long range fire support I don't know who should hold my backfield objectives.

Usually I put one in the middle and all the others in my deployment zone. Should I put them close to the center considering that I'm advancing with most Of my army?

Also what unit do you use to physically take them?

Thanks for the help!

I play quite a forward moving army with drones. So what i tend to do it put the on the edge of my deployment zone so then at least you move close and still hold them. 

Any back field ones I try to put so I can place nurglings behind cover controlling it but out of line of site. It normally gives you two turns before the enemy shoots them off

In ITC missions where we have little control over objective placement, my list include 2x 10 cultists, to hold b-field objectives and prevent Deepstrikes

I also have 3 unit of nurglings that start on or close to mid-field objective.

I also have 2 armiger, they tend to stay back and shoot, but with such high movement,they can get to objectives.

From there its whathever is needed, sometime support charater will hold an objective if no one else is availlable.

Every troop in my army gets a dedicated objective to hold as part of the battle plan.

It honestly depends a lot on the terrain, the list you play and the list your opponent plays. A bit of psychology and predicting the flow of the battle is necessary if you really care about influencing the game by placing objectives (which is by no means a bad idea since it can win you many games).

I've watched a video from a german tournament player about placing objectives to win tournaments tho german tournaments don't use ITC rules and since it's in german it probably won't help you much lol

Archived