Paint opinions

Tyriks

Hey guys, I'm working on a Thousand Sons diy warband and I want some feedback. I'm planning on painting them like this:

0KCXoNl.jpg

That's still heavily WIP, even the base coats aren't done and they need washing and highlighting after. But that's the general scheme.

So my question is: I was thinking about doing the aspiring sorcerers differently to make them stand out a bit better. To that end I tried this and I'm not sure I like it.

2oMghue.jpg

I like the gray cloth, I think it pops out neatly. But I'm not sold on the trim, though I can't think of how else I might paint it. Maybe blue like it's just embroidered. Any advice?

Sorcerers stand out enough by themselves so you don't need to do anything special if you don't want :) I think the blue and bronze metallic work well so sticking to that should be fine, I recommend painting some Rubrics up to get a feel for your scheme. Then as you paint the Sorcerer you can see how you feel as you progress and compare him to the completed models :tu:

Pretty cool, I like the shade of blue, it really pops out against the black.

As above, they look like part of the Black Legion. 

Hard to give more feedback without seeing one in a 'finished' state. 

All the metals could really use a shade wash, the leadbelcher casing and same coloured worky bitz at the back of the bolter kind of run together and need some definition. 

Hey guys, I'm working on a Thousand Sons diy warband and I want some feedback. I'm planning on painting them like this:

0KCXoNl.jpg

That's still heavily WIP, even the base coats aren't done and they need washing and highlighting after. But that's the general scheme.

So my question is: I was thinking about doing the aspiring sorcerers differently to make them stand out a bit better. To that end I tried this and I'm not sure I like it.

2oMghue.jpg

I like the gray cloth, I think it pops out neatly. But I'm not sold on the trim, though I can't think of how else I might paint it. Maybe blue like it's just embroidered. Any advice?

Another option could be brilliant, flaming orange, depending on how many tanks and big units you have in your army. The Order of Ruin (particularly Ignis) seemed to be down with Orange and Black.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived