Whats on your Holiday gift list?

Shadow Captain Vyper

So, its getting to be that time of year again, gift giving is a big part of that for most families, secret santa on various platforms, etc.

With the hobby being what it is, while its a big part of our lives, it can be difficult to direct friends and family members to purchase for said hobby.

My question to you all is: What's on your list that is hobby-related?

Hobby tools? Paints? Models? Terrain?

Me personally, I will be requesting the XL and assembly handles, and I think ill put out the vain hope for the Space Marine HQ Command Tanks from Warhammer World again.

Would love to see what you guys (if at all) put on your lists!

Inspiration!

I'd like to start a new army, something unconventionnal and with a strong identity to entertain the hobby group and have a cool project to work on:

But can't find something that sticks...

Another Razorback or two. Then I will have 4 Land Speeder Storms, and 4 Razorbacks.

Another Venerable Dreadnought. I am considering running 2 TwinLas/ML Venerables, maybe even 3. However, still have to get the regular Dreadnought kit to get the missile launcher. Bummer...

Throne yes, terrain!

Sector Imperialis Basilicanum

Sector Mechanicus: Derelict Factorum

Sector Imperialis Sanctum

The issue is what to get the wife. She still has not finished the Promethium Refinery we got after it first came out. So many pieces with so much detail. She still will not play though...

I'm flush with models for now, but my wife did drive down to the nearest GW in October to get me the 500 store Primaris Lieutenant model.

I've taken to collecting Primaris Lieutenants like Pokémon.

Other than that, I could use free time and inspiration for painting. Santa doesn't bring those though.

Masters Airbrush kit, heard about it on preferred enemies podcast. Seems like a solid intro to airbrushing.

Aggressors, Sternguard, Predators or Helvirens(seem better value for $$ and points)

mertbl, although that is one of my favourite podcasts and I know the guys and Alex, I personally disagree with the buying the Masters kit first up.

Now if money is tight then I would say its probably and ok route, however if you have the dosh I'd go straight to a Badger Patriot 105 and proper compressor.

Sure you'll probably bang up the needle on the airbrush (I still do that now despite my best efforts! I just have several spare on hand they're ~$5 ea to replace ;) ), but your highly unlikely to destroy the brush unless you're really really trying...

To that point Badger is having a direct Black Friday sale this week, I don't know what the deals are but they were selling airbrushes for $54 earlier in the year!

Also USA Airbrush Supply has some really good deals all year on kits. They actually just finished up a Halloween one which gave even more of a discount... 

My point being, if you want to do more than just prime and base coat your models you'll probably out grow it fairly quick and then have to pony up again

As for me I've been banned from asking for plastic crack for presents :( 

So I shall live viacriously through you all

Also BTW a couple of other sales people might be interested in 

• Foldio (Lightboxes) 23 - 26th (not sure how it works... theres 2 codes?) BLKFRI10 (for 10% off store wide), BLKFRI20 (for 20% off certain items?)
  • Battlefoam 22 - 26th

FYI:

Ebay has another one of its one-day 15% off coupons, this will circumvent the GW discount cap of 15%, effectively giving you ~28% off.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D8321889547127657928

Note: This code requires you to use their app to complete the purchase.

So I'm torn... I may consider gifting myself both the SM Battleforces... I can get it with the normal ~15% discount

Should I though... :ermm:

I really do want a 2nd Repulsor and I see no reason not to get a third Redemptor... 

Or should I be good and just get the 1 set with the Repulsor? Reivers look soo kewl :cool.: :ph34r.:

I would also really like a Warhammer Quest game. Blackstone fortress looks good and I've heard the gameplay is there, and that it has some RPG/legacy elements however I think Silver Tower would get more play at my house. The fantasy theme is appreciated more than the sci fi theme.

I would also really like a Warhammer Quest game. Blackstone fortress looks good and I've heard the gameplay is there, and that it has some RPG/legacy elements however I think Silver Tower would get more play at my house. The fantasy theme is appreciated more than the sci fi theme.

Since I've dabbled briefly in both they are VERY similar games, as such both are fun :) 

Although there are some minor differences in mechanics (very small) the main difference is asthetics

I like BSF because its set in 40k, but if your family / friends prefer Fantasy then Silver Tower is probably the better option, either is a good choice :) :tu:

Speaking of which my BSF just arrived yesterday, need to assemble and play! :D 

Since I've dabbled briefly in both they are VERY similar games, as such both are fun :smile.: 

Although there are some minor differences in mechanics (very small) the main difference is asthetics

I like BSF because its set in 40k, but if your family / friends prefer Fantasy then Silver Tower is probably the better option, either is a good choice :smile.::thumbsup:

Speaking of which my BSF just arrived yesterday, need to assemble and play! :biggrin.:

Please let me know what you think of it. I've heard it's good so far, but I'm always keen to know more.

Currently adding stuff to AdMech and Tau - Tau is enough backlog, AdMech just received a Dominus knight for birthday.

Which leaves something nice for the christmas break. After WarhammerFest Europe, a few friends and I decided to each finish a submission for next year (yeah, not that much stuff on display, few stellar entries in some categories) just to see how good we could do a model when not just getting it tabletop ready.

I'm thinking of a certain project I always intended to do, but the amount of work would be too high for an essentially unplayable model, but that would fit just nicely here. A nice big Raptors command tank that might double as moving outpost... :whistling:

Currently adding stuff to AdMech and Tau - Tau is enough backlog, AdMech just received a Dominus knight for birthday.

Which leaves something nice for the christmas break. After WarhammerFest Europe, a few friends and I decided to each finish a submission for next year (yeah, not that much stuff on display, few stellar entries in some categories) just to see how good we could do a model when not just getting it tabletop ready.

I'm thinking of a certain project I always intended to do, but the amount of work would be too high for an essentially unplayable model, but that would fit just nicely here. A nice big command tank that might double as moving outpost... :whistling:

Take my Christmas bonus, buy out the Tau stock at my FLGS, invite my 40K club over, and make them watch as I burn all the Tau stuff in my back yard.

I'm thinking of a certain project I always intended to do, but the amount of work would be too high for an essentially unplayable model, but that would fit just nicely here. A nice big Raptors command tank that might double as moving outpost... :whistling:

Take my Christmas bonus, buy out the Tau stock at my FLGS, invite my 40K club over, and make them watch as I burn all the Tau stuff in my back yard.

I could restock a FLGS with what I have on the Tau Pile of Shame, no need to buy even more. But that Raptors command tank might need a christmas bonus to get the appropriate amount of resin...

Archived