Question on Space Hulk copy from 1989

Maschinenpriester

Hello Brothers,

I was able to obtain a copy of the 1st edition (I Think) of Space hulk from 1989 for a very good price - My girlfriend found it in a big lot of boardgames on a fleamarket, and told me she saw a game which sounds like somethink i like... something calld "Space hulk" and suddenly my eyes popped. :biggrin.:

It seems to have been unplayed. There is only one Stealer and one Terminator removed from the sprues, and some of the board Pieces have been pushed out. But in general it did not see any games yet.

I really like the retro feel of the Game.

Now to my questions:

- the rules say, that a team consists of 5 guys (Seargeant, Flamer guy, and 3 bolter terminators), but in the sprues there is 10 guys. Why is that? did not find anything in the rules yet. Can you play the game with 3 people?

- Should I build and paint the contents of the box, or do you think it is better if i keep everything on sprues, to preserve it and play with some of the newer terminators i allready posess?

- any recommendation how to deal with such an old game, to preserve it?

As Chaoself says, most of the missions involve two squads of terminators, with five in each squad (a sergeant, a heavy flamer and three regular terminators). You get six missions with the set - only the first two play with a single squad.

You could play with three people, but the rules aren’t really written that way. The marines have a set amount of time for their moves, and two squads don’t get twice as much time as one squad - all the terminators involved in a mission are seen as a single team, and can activate in any order each turn.

Multiplayer is still an option (especially with some of the expansion mission sets), or you could just have more than one person runnin the Genestealers, who aren’t under time pressure in the same way.

And to my mind, the game is meant to be played. It’s open anyway, so ‘mint in box’ is long gone - get it out, make use of it, have fun with it. The board pieces are fairly sturdy; treat them with care and they’ll last - I still have may original and much used set, and very few pieces are peeling or falling apart.

And as Quixus says, it’d be great to see them painted up :)

Thanks guys!

Looking forward to my first game of space hulk! The Rules seem pretty easy so far.

Ill just put everything on bases. I guess ill do the painting once i finished my current projects. don't want to throw in some additional stuff right now. ^^

the painting will happen in january i guess. ^^

You definitely encouraged me playing it as soon as possible now.

Archived