I'm not sure if this was already brought up on here, so I apologize in advance if it has.
According to the rumor mill, CA 2018 will be adjusting AdMech to some degree or another. From my understanding, the biggest changes in CA will be geared more towards the SoB beta-codex and allegedly improving Marines (plus new missions and whatnot). So I'm not expecting too many changes for our cogboys.
But I want to know, what does everyone here think will get changed for our army? What does everyone want changed as well? Let's speculate.
Here is what I'm guessing will happen:
- Stygies VIII dogma gets changed to a constant cover save instead of the -1 to hit. I've heard a lot of rumors about that for the -1 to hit armies out there. I can see it happening. I don't want it to, but I believe it will.
- Kataphrons drop in points again. At the very least Destroyers will. For what they do and how squishy they can be, a points drop would be nice.
- There was a rumor not too long ago saying named characters would drop in cost. I doubt that Cawl will drop in points, but if he does I'd guess at most by 20pts. Because the rumor stated it'd be enough of a drop that many named characters would become auto-includes in armies.
Now here's what I'd like to happen:
- Various stratagems get reworded so they become viable. For instance, there's one (I forget the name) saying a vehicle can move and fire without the Heavy penalty. I'd like for it to say vehicle unit instead of model. That'd allow for Ironstriders and Kastelans to be able to viably use this strat.
- Secutarii get Forge World dogmas, and the Termite drill gets Canticles. It doesn't really make any sense for any of them to not have those rules, at least in my opinion.
- Ruststalkers either drop in points, or their weapons get reworded to actually become viable. And they get their old 7th ed grenades back, to at least give them some kind of ranged capability again.
- Infiltrators neurostatic aura gets beefed back up to how it used to be in 7th. I'll take a points hike for them if it means we get that disgusting bubble of nope again.
- Datasmiths become HQs
- We get a Skitarii HQ
- Dunecrawlers can be taken in squadrons again like in 7th ed. I never understood why we lost that capability.
- New warlord traits. Or at least reworded warlord traits to actually be viable. The only ones I can see that are actually useful are Chorister Technis, Necromechanic, and Static Psalm-Code. The rest just seem way too 'meh' in my opinion.
- The ability to take Imperium transports such as the Rhino or Chimera. AdMech builds them, why not be able to use them? Also, so that they don't need to make a brand new boxed kit for them, they could have an upgrade sprue for the turrets to have a Skitarii operator instead of a Guard or Marine operator. Or even have a different pintle weapon entirely. Just an idea.
What do you guys think? What are your speculations and wishlist items?