Ork FAQ v1 is out!

toaae

Click here to see it in all it's green glory.

A couple of big things for me:

Gorkanauts can't switch between weapon profile for their melee weapon for the extra attacks from being Goff. This is inconsistent with the same question but opposite ruling Mortarion got in the Death Guard FAQ.

Confirmation that you can't use stratagems for units inside transports.

Confirmation that units inside a transport don't count towards the power limit for Tellyporta.

A fix for the insane 1+ save people were arguing about for Mega-nobz and Loot It.

Click here to see it in all it's green glory.

A couple of big things for me:

Gorkanauts can't switch between weapon profile for their melee weapon for the extra attacks from being Goff. This is inconsistent with the same question but opposite ruling Mortarion got in the Death Guard FAQ.

Confirmation that you can't use stratagems for units inside transports.

Confirmation that units inside a transport don't count towards the power limit for Tellyporta.

A fix for the insane 1+ save people were arguing about for Mega-nobz and Loot It.

Also, Goff Warlord Trait got fixed. Now also improves AP of Warlord's melee weapons by 1 when they charge, are charged, or Heroically intervene.

Confirmation of no Kulturs for Mek Guns, big guns, other Gretchin units that seemed to be in a gray area.

I love the fact that they made the grot an actual part of the megatrakk model. The big shoota hits on 4's, even if it's quite strange how they chose to word it. It almost seems like they mean that both big shootas hits on 4's now.. I'm real sad that strats don't work on embarked units and that "loot it" on meganobz doesn't translate to a 2+ where they ignore one ponit of AP.

Overall this was a goof FAQ though, answered most of the burning questions and cleared up the truly "gamey" things people cooked up

I thought the change to the Goff warlord trait was a little strange.  I like the Bonus to AP, just wondering how that was left out or if they just made it up for the faq.

Well, they messed up all the warlord traits for Space Wolves, so I guess we should be happy to only have one. That said, I still don't think it's good. Extra AP isn't very good cause it's irrelevant against anything with an invulnerable or a save at 4+ or worse. I'd still take the +1 strength, +1 attack over it, and that one doesn't really compare to Brutal but Kunning.

I thought the change to the Goff warlord trait was a little strange.  I like the Bonus to AP, just wondering how that was left out or if they just made it up for the faq.

Well, they messed up all the warlord traits for Space Wolves, so I guess we should be happy to only have one. That said, I still don't think it's good. Extra AP isn't very good cause it's irrelevant against anything with an invulnerable or a save at 4+ or worse. I'd still take the +1 strength, +1 attack over it, and that one doesn't really compare to Brutal but Kunning.

Sure. it really only helps Ghaz. He'd be the only one taking it. But I'm stil locked into my old way of thinking. He shreds a 2+ save most of the time and needs to fight an appropriate target for his AP and damage out put.  Or two such targets. He could, for example, fight 2 land raiders while the boys surround them and try to finish them off.  Possibly killing both and their cargo.  But your right and if I field Ghaz I'll try to know just what I'm throwing him at before I commit to get him to have the impact of a proppa Goff.  

What I was saying though is that I saw no indication in the original text that there was anything missing, just a disappointing warlord trait.  as you point out, it's basically still the same thing most of the time. lol.

Archived