Dark Angels Secret Santa 2018

twopounder

I haven't heard from Chmur and I know people are interested so I'll go ahead and push this forward.

So what's this all about? Well, secrets of course! You will be given the name of another participant to build and paint a model for. You must keep your recipient a secret until after it has been received! The miniature must be fully painted and based to the best of your ability.

The objective is to build paint a single infantry model for your recipient, using bitz you already have available. This can be an independent character, but does not need to be. Bikes, terminators and Jump packs are allowed as well. 

Please note the following:

1) I cannot guarantee you will get a model that is as well painted or of equal points value as the one you gifted.

2) You will need to consider the cost of packaging and shipping the model.

3) Keep the model in theme with the recipient's army. In other words, if they play Angels of Absolution, don't send them a DA green model.

4) Failing your pledge will mean eternal shame.

If you would like to participate, please send me a PM with the following information:

• Real Name
  • Shipping Address (include country)
  • Army (choose one if you have multiple, but lets keep it to space marines for available bitz)
  • Can you do two miniatures if there is an uneven amount?
  • Are you willing to ship out of the country (this can be expensive)

In order to give people enough time to complete their project and ship it, the deadline to join will be this Friday (23rd) at Midnight PST. I will randomly assign secret santas on the following Saturday.

This means you will only have 2 - 3 weeks, so make sure you can set aside enough time!

When you ship your model, PM me the tracking number. Your model should be shipped by December 17th for domestic and the 10th for international to make certain the recipient gets it before Christmas. 

After you have sent me a PM, please post in this thread with links to your army. This can make it easier for your secret santa to figure out which army (if you have more than one chapter) and what color theme you use.

It would be good to add a link to a thread with some pictures. To get an idea how to paint the model. 

I'm a little confused on this. Do you mean the recipient's model? Or a general painting guide?

The name of the person is easy enough to use to look up their army :smile.:. Though it would also help if each person replied to this thread with links to their army as well, if they are going to participate.

It would be good to add a link to a thread with some pictures. To get an idea how to paint the model. 

I'm a little confused on this. Do you mean the recipient's model? Or a general painting guide?

The name of the person is easy enough to use to look up their army :smile.:. Though it would also help if each person replied to this thread with links to their army as well, if they are going to participate.

It save some time. 

• 4 weeks later...
I would have loved to join this year, but all my stuff is back at home :/ kitbashing a former deathwatch, now lieutenant of the angels of absolution was one if my favorite painting project's ever. I gave up some of my favorite peices for it, but the end result was amazing and the recipient loved it. Maybe next year i can join, and hopefully well get a large turn out like last year too! I hope you two enjoyed the event!

I had a suspicious package arrive today.

As a moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy, I quickly opened it up.

img_20181224_111218_by_s3dition_dcv8yc8-

The Emperor sent gifts of sustenance to help me survive the cold winter

img_20181224_111243_by_s3dition_dcv8yjn-

But there was yet another mysterious package

img_20181224_111246_by_s3dition_dcv8yka-

I was pleased to discover a champion to reinforce my battle company was also gifted by the Emperor

dcv8yio-1210566b-efa3-44bc-8f60-cb63df82

img_20181224_111728_by_s3dition_dcv8ylf-

dcv8yks-b3bf8ab9-0d22-4c51-afcc-dc2ac72f

He leads with the mightiest of my heroes into battle now

dcv8ym1-ac501650-cd85-42bb-8af0-fd09be21

Loss did an AMAZING job. The model looks fantastic and the cookies are yummy! Thank you so much!

Brother Arkley send around this link to a shapeways shop.

I saw these bearded faces and needed to have them. The font side was great, but they came with a rough back side.

I'm not sure if this is the usual shapeways quality. Since the backside is hair, its still okay. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the long wait ended. It arrived. Delayed by warp storms, but not stopped.

gallery_86236_11073_24806.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_12972.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_8950.jpg

:woot: I like this guy. He will fit perfectly into my successor/HH Dark Angel army

Thanks twopounder

Now I have to fight another battle and defend these against my cookie hungry spouse.

gallery_86236_11073_27330.jpg

SNIP

No problem. I wish I could paint as good as you. Every time I try to do highlights the model looks up at me and says "Why so serious?" :ermm:

Feel free to use his interrogation skills if all your cookies disappear.

Archived