Questions about the Abominant?

Ulfast

I was thinking to make my own abominant but I´m wondering where I can find the rules for him? Is it only in Tooth & Claw box or was it released in any White dwarf?

Another question, have anyone used him and what do you think about him?

As far as I know his rules are available only with the model in tooth and claw, as are the updated Aberrant rules.

I've used an Abominant in my tournament list at two events and he's pretty underwhelming. At least he's cheap. The main problem is that he only has 3 attacks with his hammer, no rerolls and is too dependent on the randomness of cult ambush. Since he's best paired with a unit of Aberrants and only one character can come in with one unit the Primus will always go with the Aberrants and the Abominant will just hang around. Usually the Abominant ends up wasted against something that isn't an optimal target for his hammer and otherwise he can end up just getting a single hit in.

Unlike a smash captain he can't fly so is useless against planes.

He'll do better if you have something that can annihilate screens but that's probably allied guard and manticores and basilisks kind of make a guy with a hammer irrelevant anyway.

Ok, looks like I need to find someone to share a box of Tooth & claw with so I can get both rules and miniatures ;)

To bad he seems only ok, because I like the minature and had some intersting things that I wanted to make with him. Just lets hope that our codex comes soon so we can get something new and fresh to play with. 

I think it's all down to game to game basis and your local meta. He's become my favourite unit in my GSC army without a doubt. I had a game against necrons the other day and he just slaughtered his way across the board, killed about 4-5 times his points worth. He's great if you give him the warlord trait and try to pincer units as even if you fail a charge and manage to stay with 6" of him they can heroic intervine. He's terrifying when you give him the banner nearby and strength from beyond, he can sponge a ridiculous amount of damage if you can get good positioning and decently lucky. I also find he's great vs characters, I had a Loki vs hulk moment vs a necron Lord special character managed to get 5 hits from him and then wound 4 times.

He's a very scary deterrent in the right position

Archived