Unit of the Week: Stormhawk Interceptor

Jolemai

A question, can I surround an enemy flyer (that can't hover) with infantry (staying 1 inch away, not in cc) and thus force him to fly straight ahead in his turn since if he tries to pivot he will end up within 1 inch of my model. Or do you ignore the models when you pivot?

If not then you could force your opponent to fly of the board. =P

If he has no completely round base, then yes you can do that the same way you can stop a regular vehicle or monster from pivoting on the spot. :wink:

I'm not sure that's the case. FLY models can move over other models in the Movement Phase, so they'd be able to pivot over as part of their movement.

Also 2 Hawks can box in a lot of big stuff like Gallants for this reason.

And also funnel/block pathways for other ground troops. Orks trying to stream through a gap between two bits of impassable (to them) terrain? Dump a Hawk in the middle and they'll be forced to go the long way around!

And also funnel/block pathways for other ground troops. Orks trying to stream through a gap between two bits of impassable (to them) terrain? Dump a Hawk in the middle and they'll be forced to go the long way around!

Yep! I fully expect this to be fixed if it catches on too hard but for the moment its really helpful.

Yep! I fully expect this to be fixed if it catches on too hard but for the moment its really helpful.

I doubt it. It's only for one turn anyway since he has to keep moving. In AoS it's even worse. Some units there that fly and can't get charged have no minimum movement distance and AoS has a way bigger focus on melee than 40k ... now that's a screen lol

I doubt it. It's only for one turn anyway since he has to keep moving. In AoS it's even worse. Some units there that fly and can't get charged have no minimum movement distance and AoS has a way bigger focus on melee than 40k ... now that's a screen lol

Fair enough, I wouldnt have a great answer on how to address it anyways I guess. I just know if super powerful and I get looks when I do stuff like that. :P

Archived