The beginnings of all things are small - a plog

Fortunatus

I just want to take this opportunity to say welcome and thank you for taking the time to look into my painting log.

I'm sure you can appreciate that this introduction is going to be very short. The reality of the situation is that other than making a few purchases on models and background material I've actually done very little in the way of modelling or painting, yet.

I am hoping that by creating my own painting log, I can use it as both a tool for bettering myself as a hobbyist and more importantly as a method of driving the project to completion.

My goal is essentially to get a 40K army (in this case Adeptus Custodes) to my tabletop standard and play some 40K. It's that simple.

I'm currently working towards a 1,000 point list of Adeptus Custodes.

MOAR BIKES

But seriously, Custodes are a little more forgiving to paint than a lot of armies in my opinion. Painting is hard, but Custodes can make a bad painter (me) look reasonably capable.

Good luck! Have you picked a color scheme?

Well I'm definitely going for the traditional gold auramite armour, however I'm not sure whether I'm going to change up the shield host colour from the traditional red, to either blue or maybe purple - not sure.

That's all still up for debate really.

I started a little Custodes contingent and I faced a similar issue about the color. I considered the dread host, but there are too many colors. Red for the crest, black for the shoulders, white for the leather groin and brown for the gauntlets. 

Too much. 

At the end I choose the solar watch, but I still have a problem. I saw on internet some blue feathered solar watches Custodes and now I can't decide between the red BG respectful or the amazing light blue. Can you help me?

I'm going to paint some models to compare it, stay tuned and I will post them. 

Archived