What are Thousand Sons hoping for from Chapter Approved?

Prot

What 4?

The engines?  1 mauler, 1 forge, 1 defiler, and 1 "mutalith" which is basically in all respects a daemon engine minus keyword as its stats are identical (and even has the 5++ lol!) 

Not having the keyword is actually quite important because it really is not an engine. It's also lacking the vehicle keyword so weapons that act differently against vehicles and non-vehicles don't see it as engine either

It's as much an engine as it is a daemon (not at all). It's its own thing lol

I am well aware of all of that gents. Its stats are identical, I just call it that to make people understand its (more or less) a daemon engine stat wise minus the keywords. Stats being identical but with no guns is easier to explain quickly to most who ask :rolleyes:

Anywho, that's the main list I enjoy running post-CA. Worked well before CA just with far less Rubrics and I think I have enough points to toss in a Dreadnought after the point reductions. It was a drastic point drop for anyone that ran Rubrics and Engines so I made out like a bandit. 

I know folks are big on the defiler. I would have to heavily convert it as its not to my liking. The mvb and 2 fiends are a purchase for me now. This makes me really want the Helldrake to work as I think aesthetic wise it fits well into our wicked menagerie.

I know folks are big on the defiler. I would have to heavily convert it as its not to my liking. The mvb and 2 fiends are a purchase for me now. This makes me really want the Helldrake to work as I think aesthetic wise it fits well into our wicked menagerie.

convert! convert! Tzeentch wants you to convert it!

Speaking of "Heldrake" and "convert".....

I think the Defiler would look pretty cool with some of the smaller fins as vestigal wings and a Heldrake head/neck on it. You could probably get a Terminator Reaper Autocannon or a pair of infantry Lascannon/Heavy Bolter barrels to fit in the mouth too.

Other option would be to use spare bits from a Lord of Change to have something birdlike tearing its way out of the carapace.

Another (expensive) option would be to get Alarielle from AoS and combine her Beetle with Vortex Beast and Defiler bits to create a crazy evil Scarab.

Speaking of "Heldrake" and "convert".....

GW already has a picture of an awesome Heldrake converson on its website.

I love those ideas! I have a las-pred and vindicator heavily converted with demon headed guns (ironically the demon head cannon from the defiler is on the vindicator) and both are rockin 4 flaming cauldrons (got extra exalted sorcerer back pack bitz for all my 1k sons tanks) on their smokestacks with FW 1k sons doors or front plates. I am pretty proud of them.

If you look me up on Dakka you can see pics of the vindicator in my gallery among other sons. I still need to paint the pred. The lighting makes the color less rich rich the subtle blue shading does not show up as much.

I really like the LOC and or Heldrake ideas. No doubt the defiler would add punch to my list.

Here's the 2000pt fun list I will test out with the CA points changes:

TS Battalion: 

Ahriman

Sorcerer

Sorcerer

5 Scarabs loaded for bear

5 Scarabs loaded for bear

10 Rubrics w/ Soulreaper

10 Rubrics w/ Soulreaper

9 Rubrics w/ 8 Warpflamers

Rhino w/ 2 Combibolters

Dakka Pred

Dakka Pred

140pts reserved (for 5 Screamers-points dropped)

75pts reserved (for 3 flamers- points dropped)

Alternatively if you drop a sorcerer and get rid of the Reserves points, you can add a cheap Lord of Change and some Brimstones as a Patrol Det.

Might not be a bad idea, but I am hesitant using a LOC in a secondary detachement without access to warlord traits and relics, and I mean not having access to the robe. 

You can get relics on the Daemons with their stratagem you just don't get the free one you get in the Warlord detachment.

I love the loc model and put itnon my wishlist. The extra heads I can use for a defiler. Looks like I am going to score a free defiler from a cousin.

My demon prince is converted to look like a mini lord of change with a long snake like neck, vulture head and feathered wings. A very muscular mini LOC, that is, lol.

Might not be a bad idea, but I am hesitant using a LOC in a secondary detachement without access to warlord traits and relics, and I mean not having access to the robe. 

You can get relics on the Daemons with their stratagem you just don't get the free one you get in the Warlord detachment.

Man I have been missing this for so long! I thought the detachment with your warlord was the only one with access to relics at all. Hot diggity. 

I love those ideas! I have a las-pred and vindicator heavily converted with demon headed guns (ironically the demon head cannon from the defiler is on the vindicator) and both are rockin 4 flaming cauldrons (got extra exalted sorcerer back pack bitz for all my 1k sons tanks) on their smokestacks with FW 1k sons doors or front plates. I am pretty proud of them.

If you look me up on Dakka you can see pics of the vindicator in my gallery among other sons. I still need to paint the pred. The lighting makes the color less rich rich the subtle blue shading does not show up as much.

I really like the LOC and or Heldrake ideas. No doubt the defiler would add punch to my list.

Right now there are various partially built Defilers all over ebay in the range of $30-$40 range (U.S.) . Lots of sub-assemblies ready for converting.

They're not T-Sons, but here's my three converted defilers.

http://mcgibs.com/wp-content/gallery/miniatures/chaos_defiler01.jpg

http://mcgibs.com/wp-content/gallery/miniatures/chaos-soulgrinder-scorpion01.jpg

http://mcgibs.com/wp-content/gallery/miniatures/chaos-soulgrinder01.jpg

I love the loc model and put itnon my wishlist. The extra heads I can use for a defiler. Looks like I am going to score a free defiler from a cousin.

My demon prince is converted to look like a mini lord of change with a long snake like neck, vulture head and feathered wings. A very muscular mini LOC, that is, lol.

Idea for a Forgefiend for either TSons or Alpha Legion

Don't put the cannon arms on at all. Instead, replace them with some of the small/medium Heldrake wing panels.

Leave some of the Fiend's collar unassembled.

Then, bits-order 3 Heldrake head/neck assemblies. Build 2 of the Hades Cannon versions, and then either leave the 3rd one with just jaws or glue in an infantry Plasma Cannon.

King Ghidorah for the win. :)

Archived