Power axe(3), artificer armour, Phoenix spear, melta bombs

FA - 405

Sky slayer squadron(5) - 255

Javelin speeder(2) - 150

Lascannon, multi melta

HS - 165

Sicaran battle tank - 165

Total - 2000

My thoughts are the assault troops charging up the field with champion and eidolon leading a squad each as open blade supported by the Sicaran. The hidden blade would appear to take out any armour that could impede the assault troops charge and catch the opposing force in a hammer and anvil type deal. I’m not sure about the assault marines survival chances running down the field? Apothecaries are there to improve survival but would I be better off trying to get combat shields for them all? Cheers

I like the basic idea, that everything can move around. Even the open blade can adapt to enemy movements, letting the hidden blade strike where it needs to. My biggest issue is, that with those 2 Assualt Marine squads being your only troops choices and them wanting to get into the opponents face, holding objectives, especially in the back field, will be an issue for you.

Thanks for the reply @stuka06, I could drop an assault squad and apothecary for 2 tactical squads in rhinos? Although with only a single assault squad to threaten on turn 1 I am worried they’re going to take a devestating amount of casualties and be rendered useless?

Cheers @Varyn, your right I totally forgot about the sky slayers, I’ll switch them for jet bikes or outriders. The vets ideas really good actually cause I’d love to use the stunning palatine blade models haha. Would you run them with meltaguns?

Yes, by all means keep the two Assault Squads. They're kinda the core of your list concept.

Keep the Sky Slayers, ditch the Javelins if you have to, then add some Plasma Seekers in an Anvillus Pod.

The Javelins in my Maru Skara are regularly my MVP.

Scorpious rounds are also heavy 1 and 24", which is a bit of an issue if you need movement to put rounds on target as they aren't exactly long range, or are taking a trip on a Dreadclaw.  

Honestly I rather like what I'm seeing here, plasma seekers are fine, too. 

Hey guys thanks a lot for your suggestions they’ve given me a lot of food for thought. Was just wondering for those who run an alpha strike seeker squad how long do they live for or do you use them as a wreck and then die squad? I’ve been reading the seekers tactica post and it seems 6 with plasma and an anvillus is enough to wreck most heavy infantry.

I do run Seeker Anvilus Alpha Vets (Sons of Horus BS6 close range seekers, mmmph) and they last exactly as long as Daimhin's melta vets: If it's more than one turn then something has gone dreadfully wrong for my opponent, or they've scattered so far off target with a deepstrike mishap that they're out of range of everything (and even then I can usually count some arty dropping shells on them).  

And yeah, Quad mortar with MoS and shatter shells is bad news.... did I ever mention how much I loath Quad Mortars?  Just... just make them die.  Quick, kill them quick.  Then scatter their ashes, and stamp out everyone who ever put together a nut and bolt for them on whatever forgeworld they came from.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest to change out the skyslayers to a regular scimitar squad with two volkite culverins (keep these out of close combat, just have them fly around and hose down enemy untis with shots from a distance) and find the points to change the sicaran to a arcus sicaran, this will give you some flexible/optional anti-air if need be.

Archived