Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters Beta Codex - Acts of Faith.

Adepta Sororitas Sisters of Battle SoB Chapter Approved 2018 Sisters Beta Codex Sisters Acts of Faith

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

plus another 85 points to make it a legal list  (a 2nd EC canoness with 5 points of stuff & a missionary in a supream HQ formation).

So you are looking at just shy of 1K, and getting you only 3 FP & 2 CP 

So you now have to make a battalion (but you've used all 3 of your Canoness already) to gain enough CP to actually use vassels and do at least something else... plus you still need to get the diagolus for that critical AoF re-roll......

So yeah... all eggs in one basket me thinks

taikishi

taikishi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 664 posts
I've already got the EC Canoness factored in and if it weren't for the Rhino you could do it with an Auxiliary detachment, or a patrol which would cost slightly more.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

Not a lot of points in it.. but both options are 50 points not including special weapons plus...

Anyway back on topic of faith....

I know its something that will come with playing BUT anyone else forget /mix upthe timings of the different acts?  Would people like them to all be lumped into, for example, the psychic phase?

if nothing else it would help highlight how little each act does for a once per battle round with a roll requirement....

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts
  • Faction: Ashen Wing, Mercurial Legion
Ugh, I mix them up all the time. Because you may only use any given act maybe once or twice a game, they just haven’t been used enough for me to memorize when to use them. Beginning of movement, or end? Before a unit shoots, or at the start of the phase? Can I use the passion on an opponent’s turn? What about spirit of the martyr? I... actually am not 100% sure as I type this. Gotta look it up.

It’s not so much a problem in a casual game (my opponent has always allowed me to perform them slightly out-of-phase because it hasn’t affected anything yet), but the tighter tournament players would just shut me down if I tried to heal at the wrong end of th movement phase. And they would be justified - it’s my Codex, I should know my own rules. But dang if the document doesn’t make it hard on us. It’s no longer “okay, start of turn - what do I want to do with faith?” But something you have to keep in your brain tactically the whole while.

If they were better bonuses...
  • Beams likes this

Do you hear the people sing?

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady
Agreed.

There's an awful lot of things to keep track of now with a sisters army -- How many CPs you have, when do your strategems take place? How many FPs fo you have, and when do the AoF take place?

Which doesn't sound too bad, but it's easy to miss something. I liked the "AoF phase" before you moved. It kept it easier

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 353 posts

Unless you specifically mean Vessels, they can't get buffed by the EC Canoness. The model is restricted to only buffing friendly <Order> Units, and since it's from a different Order...

3 units of Repentia, a Preacher, a BR Canoness, a Mistress and 3 Rhinos are 745 points before giving the Canoness any wargear. So you're looking at 865+ Wargear to also throw in a EC Canoness and her own Rhino.

Yeah he was popping vessels every round, had like 20 CP that he blew through. Celestine and BR Warlord Cannoness w/5++/9" and EC cannoness w/blade admonition, blob of models strung out around them.

taikishi

taikishi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 664 posts
The one I seen to forget frequently is "The Passion", though I just realized that the timing of Sustained Assault means units that come back can't benefit from Hand of the Emperor since they come back at the end of your movement phase.

Jomgor

Jomgor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Martyrs Flame

Ugh, I mix them up all the time. Because you may only use any given act maybe once or twice a game, they just haven’t been used enough for me to memorize when to use them. Beginning of movement, or end? Before a unit shoots, or at the start of the phase? Can I use the passion on an opponent’s turn? What about spirit of the martyr? I... actually am not 100% sure as I type this. Gotta look it up.

It’s not so much a problem in a casual game (my opponent has always allowed me to perform them slightly out-of-phase because it hasn’t affected anything yet), but the tighter tournament players would just shut me down if I tried to heal at the wrong end of th movement phase. And they would be justified - it’s my Codex, I should know my own rules. But dang if the document doesn’t make it hard on us. It’s no longer “okay, start of turn - what do I want to do with faith?” But something you have to keep in your brain tactically the whole while.

If they were better bonuses...

I like that they have they have to be used in different phases because if they didnt suck that would let them be super strong withing a specific phase without bleeding that power from say - Shooting phase and keep the effects when you get charged so now your overwatch is killer too. Of course the caveat is they have to actually not suck otherwise its just an annoying pigeonhole like the rest of our AoF system.

It would be nice if AoF had very specific phase buffs, always had to be used at the start of a phase, and lasted until end of phase. simple and standard effect activation and duration across the AoF. Maybe a really fancy expensive one with a 1 turn persistent effect.

The more I think on it the more I just straight up want an entirely different AoF system. like from the ground up a complete re-write of every rule relating to AoF. Right now it feels like we're trying to restore that famous Jesus painting and making him look like a potato.

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 780 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Penitent Spirit
I dont mind them being in each phase. Old witch hunter ones were done in phases so i see no difference, that theyre done at the start of each phase makes it less confusing. I find it to be quite be neat and tidy. They only ever do one thing in each phase so theres no confusion.
Theyre just meh (ok only 2 are).

Stratagems on the other hand i have to keep looking up when it gotta be used. Only realised the other day sacred rights is done at start of movement.

Nichodemus10

Nichodemus10

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

I know its something that will come with playing BUT anyone else forget /mix upthe timings of the different acts? Would people like them to all be lumped into, for example, the psychic phase?

I cannot agree more with this and wish the psychic phase was renamed the special phase. Then everyone could take special actions like:psychic powers, acts if faith, orders, termagent spawning...it just makes more sense, particularly because several armies don't have psychic powers and the phase seems like it is just there for the rub-ins.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts

Unless you specifically mean Vessels, they can't get buffed by the EC Canoness. The model is restricted to only buffing friendly <Order> Units, and since it's from a different Order...

3 units of Repentia, a Preacher, a BR Canoness, a Mistress and 3 Rhinos are 745 points before giving the Canoness any wargear. So you're looking at 865+ Wargear to also throw in a EC Canoness and her own Rhino.

Yeah he was popping vessels every round, had like 20 CP that he blew through. Celestine and BR Warlord Cannoness w/5++/9" and EC cannoness w/blade admonition, blob of models strung out around them.

That is the saddest use of 20CP I've ever heard of.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

After a few more games and I must say the way the AoF are is growing on me... that is the limited FPs and spend one to attempt the act.  However I'm still a bit under whelmed by the effects of some...

Out of 10 FPs in my last game (yesterday) I'd spent all 10 by the end of turn 3!.... ok actually only got 3 off though :(  but thats more the dice

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady

After a few more games and I must say the way the AoF are is growing on me... that is the limited FPs and spend one to attempt the act. However I'm still a bit under whelmed by the effects of some...

Out of 10 FPs in my last game (yesterday) I'd spent all 10 by the end of turn 3!.... ok actually only got 3 off though :( but thats more the dice

I really dislike all three requirements -- rolling wouldn't be so terrible if you could turn around and try a different unit, but the way it's implemented just isn't fun for me -- it almost never works because my dice are cursed, and when it does, it's on a turn that doesn't matter.

If I could try again, or spend faith points to improve my odds, sure, but right now they are way too anemic and too hard to pull off, especially compared to 7th's beat your LDship or Index beat a 2+ then a 4+, or even the old school just spend some fP

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

Sorry didnt say it right... I'm meaning returning to the concept of faith being a fineante resource* that needs the use to be thought about rather than a replenishing use or lose as it was in the index.

How ever I do agree that what happens aft it being spent is .... underwhelming shall we say... as said in a 3 round game out of 10 attempts I got 3 Acts off... this is not good for a key stone element of a faction, in fact I dont think I've managed more than 60% in a game.   And then when they do go off the results can be described as lackluster.

*As in 3rd Ed WHs when I started playing SoB....

Edited by Slasher956, 17 January 2019 - 12:41 PM.

• Beams likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adepta Sororitas, Sisters of Battle, SoB, Chapter Approved 2018, Sisters Beta Codex, Sisters Acts of Faith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users