New Ultramarines releases inbound?

Captain Idaho

Let's speculate and discuss things we'd like to see.

We know Primaris are coming so that's a given. But what?

And could we see some Classic Marines love? I'd be all over Breachers and Destroyers with Jump Packs like a popular internet meme.

Given chapter approved is possibly making named characters cost less, maybe we might see the character in plastic? e.g like typhus, khan, Arriman.

given the first company banner and quotes im also thinking some named dreadnought akin to the space wolfs? 

cgi aside all branding is that of GW, background behind the banner is consistent with the stills. not likely to be a video game as publishers / developers usually make the marketing materials. and why hype a game outside an expo without media coverage.

It's not impossible but it would be s odd way of conducting a new game launch.

I don't think it is the LotD.

We have the chapter Banner.

We have 'Only in death does duty end' & 'Death is not the end of duty'

The banner suggest it's something ultra specific. Not sure if it is a new dreadnought. May be a new Primaris Unit like Chapter Ancient and Champion?

Is anyone holding their breath for a Codex Ultramarines / Ultramar today?

I know I shouldn't, but...

I know how you feel. I would love it but I can’t see it. We’re looking at probably some universal releases. A Primaris flyer transport? A new unit for assault would be nice. A Primaris Tech priest?

Don't hold your breath for our own codex. It would be nice but it seems very unlikely.

In the end we have to be thankful if we do get a specific unit, alas the hate of all other marine players will be upon us. ;-)

Theatetical:

GWproduces a basic "Master Codex" (current Codex) that is essentially the Index MK2.

Following that they release a series of Codex tied to a specific faction related directly to the master Codex.

Examples - the Index and indeed Chaos Codex has Plague Marines and Thousand Sons within. Yet both also got a Codex when they possibly didn't need one.

I only hold about 20% hope. 80% of me knows it'll be Primaris. (Sad face)

Has anyone seen the stuff from the developer Q&A? Apparently they’re introducing new kinds of detachment, and larger detachment wide stratagems. One that’s been name dropped is an ‘Indomitus Veterans’ one that gives intercessors the veteran stat line.

Has anyone seen the stuff from the developer Q&A? Apparently they’re introducing new kinds of detachment, and larger detachment wide stratagems. One that’s been name dropped is an ‘Indomitus Veterans’ one that gives intercessors the veteran stat line.

Any information on wether that one's exclusive to the Ultramarines? Depending on the requirements it might come in handy for a few select chapters.

So an extra attack? They'd need something more spicy.

I'm excited for new rules, however!

So an extra attack? They'd need something more spicy.

I'm excited for new rules, however!

Im hoping it is more than just plus 1 att. If its for intercessors then a better BS and WS would be my preffered option.

Archived