New Ultramarines releases inbound?

Captain Idaho

I'm now wondering if the 2 plastic Honour Guard we saw in the Calgar teaser are actually part of a larger boxed set?

I initially assumed that the Calgar box would include both models a bit like the Saint Celestine model but maybe they will be a separate release and include bits to make an Ancient and have other weapon options?

Are we allowed to link off-site news articles? There’s an article on BOLS that namechecks Garro, and specifically mentions the indomitus crusade veterans ‘detachment.’

From what I can gather these are effectively large scale stratagems that effect units with particular keywords within a detachment and are paid for with command points pre-game. I’ll be interested to see the bonuses these offer, and in conjunction with CA points drops might bring UM up a few rungs in the power ladder.

If primaris Calgar remains the same points cost but gets a stat buff he’ll likely see some more table time from me. Doesn’t fit with my army concept but I’ll probably pick up some primaris to keep him company.

Edit:

Been paying some more attention to Calgars new honour guard models and noticed a couple of interesting details. They’ve kept the decorative helmets from the old HG models, however correct me if I’m wrong but I believe these are the first primaris we’ve seen bearing the crux terminatus and 1st company colours. Possible lore update of primaris making their way into the first company?

Been paying some more attention to Calgars new honour guard models and noticed a couple of interesting details. They’ve kept the decorative helmets from the old HG models, however correct me if I’m wrong but I believe these are the first primaris we’ve seen bearing the crux terminatus and 1st company colours. Possible lore update of primaris making their way into the first company?

I think those honour guard might be Victrix Guard? So them being 1st company makes sense.

I have my fingers crossed PriMarneus gets a stat buff and maybe some new abilities too .

I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to be M5" T5 W7 A6 3+/4++ I bet he loses the 'half damage' ability but drops to around 140pts.  I'm hoping he goes to S5 base, but I'm not holding my breath.  Basically a souped up Gravis Captain.

Ohh, and he'll lose the Relic Blade for sure.

Archived