Warhammer Quest 40K: Blackstone Fortress

Canadian_F_H

So I got a message this morning that GW has shipped it out, will be seeing it in our grubby hands soon enough!

I look forward to building and painting... And I intend to play thru it single player for sure, but I may run it past a few friends as well. Coordinating game nights has proven to be rather troublesome of late, but we shall see!

Some info on the hidden vault contents (via 4chan).

Spoilered as requested by the mods, so click at your own peril. 

Apparently, there are four possible "endings" / "results",
three of which can be found on 4chan :

Augmetic of Speed :
Add 1 to Move
Also, Hero is immortal (see below)

Augmetic of Rejuvenation :
Remove 1 Wound marker at end of each event/recovery phase
OR replace 1 Grievous Wound marker with a Wound marker

Augmetic of Entanglement :
Attack rolls for adjacent & visible hostiles need to be re-rolled

Immortal : can still be taken out of action, but will automatically
pass recovery rolls

Old-Four-Arms

Taddeus is also no slouch close up with his maul! Best moment so far has been our first stronghold, deathmaze, UR aces obsidiax by rolling a 20 using my now favourite item from the clarion, incantation: death, then proceeding to annihilate the two chaos marines with the ridiculous amounts of sixes he rolled that turn!

Anxiously awaiting my copy! Hoping to use this to rope a few non gamer friends in and as an excuse to get some sort of group going here. Of course on the other hand I’m just happy to convert all these lovely chaos dudes.

I already put the CSM lord and a CSM together. Tho mostly to have more models to compare truescale projects to. Very nice overall tho!

Gonna put the beastmen together because I want to compare them to the beastmen R&H in building.

I already put the CSM lord and a CSM together. Tho mostly to have more models to compare truescale projects to. Very nice overall tho!

Gonna put the beastmen together because I want to compare them to the beastmen R&H in building.

Nice! I think I’ll convert the chaos dudes as fallen but they should look similar enough that casual players will not be confused. Please post pics if you can for the beastmen, I’m considering picking up the beastmen start collecting for conversion and/or dual system use...

Nice! I think I’ll convert the chaos dudes as fallen but they should look similar enough that casual players will not be confused. Please post pics if you can for the beastmen, I’m considering picking up the beastmen start collecting for conversion and/or dual system use...

I will. Probably in my Beastmen R&H thread tho.

How do you guys transport the minis?

I got the box since release and read the fluff, but I haven't touched the game. I would like to take it with me on vacation next week, but I am a bit afraid of the minis taking damage, if I just throw them into the box as they are.

Thinking about rolling them up in kitchen or toilet paper until a proper foam insert for the game appears on the third party market.

Just started to assemble. I am kind of ticked off by the parts where the minis are pushed together having gaps. The solution is liquid greenstuff?

I've built the ur-gul, drones, cultists and guardsmen and haven't noticed significant gaps. I do use a bit of poly cement though so that could explain the diffetence.

I'm also concerned about storage and transport. Those head-dendrites on the cultists seem very flimsy and likely to snag on other models.

Yeah... A lot of the models appear fragile for transport... Haven't thought that far ahead yet.

I've only built the CSM lord. The 2 CSM, and the 4 Beastmen. As they were relevant to other projects I have on the go. (truescaling and R&H beastmen respectively)

The gaps haven't been to bad. Tho i noticed when pushing the heads on the beastmen they kind of stop with a huge gap, but if you push hard enough they pop in the last bit. Almost like there is an edge on there that they almost get totally hung up on.

I forgot to add that I also trim the pegs a little bit, which helps with fitting them in smoothly.

I definitly found that necessary with DV. tho to be honest, if I'm flying the model together, I might as well cut the whole peg off eh?

Back to BSF. my only gripe with all these danged board games GW has put out the past few years is their gross incompatibility...

Even if they just stuck to the same sort of board tiles. Like if all of them were hex based with the same thickness of card stock... Then we could jam together BSF, spacehulk, calth, prospero, and killteam:rogue trader... Or at least use all the different tiles to change things up later.

If anyone wants to look into what the miniatures look like assembled without glueing I have some pics in my renegades wip thread.

The models are easy to build but as referred already some parts could easily break or at least get bent.

Link?

Archived