Since Calgar got the Primaris treatment...

Rasclomalum

... my guess is that they will do the same thing with most other characters, starting with the Finecast ones. 

Ragnar would certainly benefit from it, his model is ancient after all. I don't see much of an issue here - I know Space Wolves are a bit iffy on the whole Primaris thing, but who knows, maybe Lukas wants to regrow that lost heart and tricks the Finecast characters into it?  

Arjac and Njal would look pretty cool in Gravis armour, actually. After all, Aggressors need hammers too. 

I'm imagining GW will pick and choose different named character for the Primaris upgrade at some point, possibly linked to campaigns/novels/sales data.

In the meantime keen converters can start cutting, gluing and sculpting those Primaris versions of named characters with the reasonable hope that they'll get upgraded rules. 

For my part, I'd like to see a new Primaris Ragnar miniature - but it'll have a lot to live up too given the amount of awesome DIY versions on the 'net.

-Ran

Do Ragnar! No one would complain. His model desperately needs an update. The Young King cant be part of the old obselete generation!

I would love if Harald Deathwolf went Primaris. Big assed :cusser on a big assed wolf. Canis desperately needs a new model too.

Grimnar and Ulrik are old :cussers, I can see them content as they are, wanting to make way for the next generation. Plus they have brand new plastics.

My bet is Ragnar, Lukas, and Arjac are on the table. All 3 are resin or old. 2 of them are "young", the 3rd being a old tough you-know-what. The only issue I see is Gravis isn't Terminator armor, it's up-armored Mk X. The other being weapons. Calgar weapons we're just Agressors weapons, they may get the master crafted treatment like Primaris Captains now do. However claws, frost swords, hammers are not on the Primaris weapon list. Then again they just gave UMs shields.

The least likely is Ulrik and Grimnar, as much as I would Ulrik to be. They are to new to be upgraded.

The Terminator issue is actually causing an issue with a few characters with the codex compliant and DA's. It will be interesting to see how GW deals with it.

Ragnar seems like an obvious choice given he's the only one of our characters so far behind mini wise. Lore wise it could make sense, he's the future of the Wolves and primaris are the future of astartes it seems.

I'm still on the fence about it all, but man primaris are fun to build and paint.... :blush.:

The other being weapons. Calgar weapons we're just Agressors weapons, they may get the master crafted treatment like Primaris Captains now do. However claws, frost swords, hammers are not on the Primaris weapon list. Then again they just gave UMs shields.

If you look at the model, Calgar is still wielding the Gauntlets of Ultramar. So, no. He's still got his pimp-hands. Which means a Primaris'd Ragnar would have his weapons, maybe just upgraded?

The Primaris range is currently quite small, and as time goes by I think it's safe to say they will introduce new weapons along with Primaris characters. Honestly, it's not that far-out as ideas go that they would introduce hammer aggressors in a release that includes something like plastic Arjac or Lysander. If that should happen, I just hope that the kits include helmets more along Indomitus pattern lines. 

Before that though, I think that a MEQ assault unit*, a Rhino equivalent (possibly with assault capabilities so they can sell them both as a kit) and some kind of heavy weapons/anti-vehicle platform is in the cards.

*And here, of course, Ragnar and/or Lukas would make enormous sense.

The other being weapons. Calgar weapons we're just Agressors weapons, they may get the master crafted treatment like Primaris Captains now do. However claws, frost swords, hammers are not on the Primaris weapon list. Then again they just gave UMs shields.

If you look at the model, Calgar is still wielding the Gauntlets of Ultramar. So, no. He's still got his pimp-hands. Which means a Primaris'd Ragnar would have his weapons, maybe just upgraded?

yes but Gauntlets of UItramar share the similar profile as Boltstorm Gauntlts do they not? They are basically Boltstorm Gauntlets+1. Ragnars weapon is a frost sword which no Primaris has access to a frost weapons, though I suppose you could say Frost Weapons are Power Weapons+1. However claws and hammers are still unknown at this time. I think Ragnar is still the best candidate because of this.

Gauntlets of Ultramar S:x2, AP-3, D3  (melee)

Gauntlets of Ultramar: 24", RF2, S:4, AP-1, 2 damage (shooting)

Boltstorm Gauntlets: S:x2, AP-3, D3 , minus 1  on hit rolls (melee)

Boltstorm Gauntlets: 18", Ass6, S:4, AP0,1 Damage

yes but Gauntlets of UItramar share the similar profile as Boltstorm Gauntlts do they not? They are basically Boltstorm Gauntlets+1. Ragnars weapon is a frost sword which no Primaris has access to a frost weapons, though I suppose you could say Frost Weapons are Power Weapons+1. However claws and hammers are still unknown at this time. I think Ragnar is still the best candidate because of this.

Gauntlets of Ultramar S:x2, AP-3, D3  (melee)

Gauntlets of Ultramar: 24", RF2, S:4, AP-1, 2 damage (shooting)

Boltstorm Gauntlets: S:x2, AP-3, D3 , minus 1  on hit rolls (melee)

Boltstorm Gauntlets: 18", Ass6, S:4, AP0,1 Damage

Don't Space Wolf Primaris Lieutenants have access to Frost Axes and Bolt Carbines? The only good thing about this day and age of "No model, no rules" is that if a model does get produced with new options, that access will spread.

Don't Space Wolf Primaris Lieutenants have access to Frost Axes and Bolt Carbines? The only good thing about this day and age of "No model, no rules" is that if a model does get produced with new options, that access will spread.

Primaris Battle Leaders get Power Axes, not Frost Axes.

With the talk that Calgar almost died what do people think about the idea of Logan attempting the process and dying (to highlight the “danger”), leaving Primaris Ragnar to become Great Wolf? Or opening the way for the return of Russ?

It makes a fair degree of sense, really. Certainly follows the current trend of moving the setting along a bit.

I am actually sad however they made plastic Ulrik, Björn and Iron Priests relatively recently.  

Sure, the Primaris Chaplain is nice and I'm confident there will be a Primaris Techmarine we can use down the line, but...  

Primaris Battle Leaders get Power Axes, not Frost Axes.

With the talk that Calgar almost died what do people think about the idea of Logan attempting the process and dying (to highlight the “danger”), leaving Primaris Ragnar to become Great Wolf? Or opening the way for the return of Russ?

I kinda doubt anyone will die, Calgar didn't die for Roboute to return. Its becoming more and more obvious GW is tip toeing around the Primaris and losing main characters. Bjorn isn't just a SW favorite but a favor amongst many people, killing him would be a sure way to trigger a riot.

My concern of making Ragnar primaris would be that he couldn't ride in drop pods anymore. And with the Blackmanes being the kings of the drop pod assault, it would be odd if the Jarl of the company couldn't join them.

Lukas would make a great primaris, but you have the same issue of him then not being able to roll with the bloodclaws with any real ease.

If GW let primaris ride in all Astarties transports, then there would be no issues. As is, it makes fielding the characters effectively tricky.

My concern of making Ragnar primaris would be that he couldn't ride in drop pods anymore. And with the Blackmanes being the kings of the drop pod assault, it would be odd if the Jarl of the company couldn't join them.

Lukas would make a great primaris, but you have the same issue of him then not being able to roll with the bloodclaws with any real ease.

If GW let primaris ride in all Astarties transports, then there would be no issues. As is, it makes fielding the characters effectively tricky.

Hopefully we will see that addressed somehow in the upcoming book as Primarnius Calgar can no longer ride in his personal Landraider.

Obviously it's going to be Ragnar. Why else do you think his new sculpt ended up being pushed last second to become Krom Dragongaze? That miniature was obviously going to be Ragnar until something changed last minute after it was already sculpted and ready for production. Now that something is evident.

I hope they go full circle with this and don't primarise everyone. Grimnar could do with a great death and Ragnar could take finally his foretold destiny and become our chapter master.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a primaris drop pod at some point. It just makes a lot of sense for how they want Primaris to work.

Obviously it's going to be Ragnar. Why else do you think his new sculpt ended up being pushed last second to become Krom Dragongaze? That miniature was obviously going to be Ragnar until something changed last minute after it was already sculpted and ready for production. Now that something is evident.

I hope they go full circle with this and don't primarise everyone. Grimnar could do with a great death and Ragnar could take finally his foretold destiny and become our chapter master.

I would like to see some of the older characters phase out a bit. They would still have rules and you can still buy them but they don't factor in the newer stories. Ragnar being the face of the wolves would be good imo.

When I heard about the primaris the first time I really did not like the idea, but now I am more excited with them, The 40k story has become stale, and nudging it forward a couple of centuries has been refreshing, even for grumpy old men like me. I would not be sad seeing some characters become "characters of legends" and push forward some new ones, like a proper primaris Wolf priest and/or a Rune priest.

Ragnar is one character I could easily see get the primaris treatment and so could Arjac, as Njal always has been close to my heart, I wish him to survive. I would have no problem seeing Grimnar and Ulric becoming "characters of legend".

Archived